Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part twelve The Un-Welcomed Visit

"EVIL!” Jordan landed on the couch.

“They were not!” I protested. Jordan put ice on his head, while Marc and Sidney sat next to him, with ice as well.

“No, I think that they hated us,” Marc said rubbing his eye, it was red, which made me worried.

“Are you okay Marc?” I asked, concern in my voice. Although, I honestly didn't want to worry about him. After what he had done...

“Yeah, It’s okay. Why won’t were you beaten up?” Marc asked.

“They loved me,” I giggled.

“They did!” Max agreeded, tackling me. We landed in a giggling heap on the ground. Finally Max pulled himself off of me. He then put his arm around me.

“At least, I didn’t get beat up by eight year olds!” Evgeni laughed, sitting on the edge of the couch, next to Sidney.

“Hey, he had a hammer!” Sidney said shoving Evgeni off, who started laughing.

“A plastic one!” Evgeni and I shouted at the same time.

Wow, that was weird.

Evgeni looked at me, and smiled, a real smile, maybe he wasn’t mad anymore.

I can only hope.

[Long Beach, California]

“I can’t walk anymore, we’ve been walking for hours!” I cried, leaning against TJ, who had come to California with us.

We had to plead Kris of course. I was so thankful she was here with me.

“C'mon,” Jordan encouraged, picking me up into his arms, and carried me bridal style. We were in Long Beach, California, and it must be like a billion degrees. We had arrived three hours ago. Our team had taken a bus, and all of our bags to the hotel. And left us, (Me, Jordan, Marc, Evgeni, Danny, Ryan, and Tyler behind.) TJ was supposed to take the bus too, but since it ditched us...

We were now wondering around Long Beach, trying to find the hotel.

“Hey, thats it!” Danny’s annoying voice drifted to my ears. I opened my eyes and sure enough that was our hotel.

“Can I get down?” I asked Jordan.

“I don’t care,” he said, placing me down lightly.

“Thanks for the ride Jordan,” I grinned,

“Yeah, no problem. For you, anytime.”

“Ahh, you’re so sweet!” I gave Jordan a hug, before being pulled away by TJ.

“Let’s go Tristan!” TJ and I sprinted towards the hotel, energy suddenly surging through me.

“Yes! Air Conditioning! At last!” I cried, running into the hotel’s lobby. We ran to the counter.

“I’m Tristan Davis, I’m with the Penguins.” I said, happily.

“Sure you are, now run along," the girl at the front desk said.

“Excuse me-”

“I’m Jordan Staal, and I’m looking for my room, along with Tristan here, we’re Penguins,” Jordan said, smiling at the girl, putting his hands on my shoulders. I looked up at him, and gave him a grin.

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” the girls cheek tinged red and she typed away on the computer.

I grinned.

“Tristan Davis you are sharing a room with-”

“EVGENI!” I jumped.

“Yes that’s right.”

Evgeni was laughing, I had just been poked.

“Huh?” I asked, spinning around.

My ears weren’t working right that’s it. She didn’t say what I thought she just said. I told myself.

“You’ll be rooming with Evgeni,” she said, pointing at him.

“WHAT!” we yelled at the same time.

“I want answers now!” I cried, over the counter, which was almost as tall as me.

“Well that’s what it says in the computer. Here’s two keys, your bags are in your room,” She slid an envelope over the counter. I stared at it, before picking it up and shaking my head.

“Let’s go roomy!” Evgeni pulled me down the hall, while TJ yelled, “call you later!”

“Evgeni, do you know where you're going?” I asked, three minutes of being pulled was getting on my nerves.

“Err, what level are we on?” he asked, turning around, and giving me a sheepish smile. It had an effect on me I hadn’t felt in awhile with him. I melted, right then and there. I tried my best to glare at him, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I looked at the floor, glaring at it instead.

“Something wrong?” he asked, his breath dancing on my face.

“Nothing,” I said, not bringing my eyes to met his.

“I don’t think so.”

His hand brushed against mine.

Next thing I know, he sneakily laced our fingers together. I looked down at our hands, blood rushing to my face. I had missed the familiar feeling of our hands intertwined.

“Can I hold your hand?” he asked, putting his face in front of mine. To beautiful brown orbs started back at my bright blue ones. Not that I mind, I actually couldn’t stop staring.

“I guess. We’re on level six.”

“Okay, onward,” he said, and we started walking to an elevator.

We entered the room. It looked nice. A suite? It had a couch, and a huge T.V. The bathroom was a decent size, and the bedroom had a huge bed, directly across from anther T.V.

“Err, there’s only one bed,” I started in shock at it.

“Hah, I guess you're right. That means we have to sleep together.”

“Ah, I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“Whatever floats your boat. Guess I get that nice, comfy, bed,” he said each word with emphases.

Loser.

“That bed is pretty big,” he said, walking over and patting it.

“Shut up.”

I turned to my suitcase. Which was empty? I looked in the drawers, and found my underware and socks in a drawer. The next one down had my pants, shorts, tank tops, and bathing suites. And the final one had my pajamas.Err, awkward, who touched my clothes!

“Hey my clothes are already in the drawers!” Evgeni yelled happily, from the other dresser.

“Yeah bet they loved putting them away,” I snarled, looking in the closet to see a couple of dresses I had brought along, my shirts and shoes.

“Where’s the rest of your clothes?” I asked shutting the closet.

“Right here, in my own closet,” he said pointing at it and then jumping on the bed, and turning off the T.V.

Whatever.

“Hey, look! You're on the T.V.”

I turned around, sure enough it was NHL prospects program.

“Hah, you’re right, weird. I haven’t seen this.”

“Come sit next to me then.”

I didn’t second guess it. I crawled into the bed, right next to him. I could see the surprise in his eyes, like I would never do this, especially with him. I turned my back, and laid next to him, across the bed, our feet hanging off of it. Watching the program. Ray Shero popped up on the T.V.

“She’s a phenomenal player, glad she could be part of the Pens organization. She tries hard, and makes the boys try as hard as they can. She challenges herself as well as the others. She’s the nicest girl off the ice, but on the ice, she doesn’t take any crap, from anyone. She’ll tell you if your not working hard, she’s not afraid. And expects the boys to do the same to her. She will do anything to pump the boys up for practice. It’s funny to watch, really. She’s an example for all. I tell you, she’s not just any girl,” Ray said smiling. He was obviously being interviewed.

It then showed a clip of us at practice. I scored and Bugsy tackled me, soon joined by a team dog pile. I laughed, and Evgeni chuckled. Mental note, thank Ray. I smiled.

“See, the boys love her. Even the little things that she does, changes everyone, for the better,” Ray finished, looking down at the ice, we were practicing. This must have been taped a couple weeks ago. I was unaware.

“He’s right,” Evgeni whispered into my ear.

“What do you mean?” I turned around, staring into his eyes.

“You're not like any other girl," he smiled, a genuine smile. And I returned it.

“Well you're not like any other guy,” I whispered back, and felt his hand wrap around my waist.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, his lips brushed against my forehead. It was a soft and short kiss. I smiled, burying my head in his chest, keeping him from seeing my redding checks. He rested his chin on mine.

“Tristan.”

A soft voice found it’s way to my ears.

“Mmhmm,” I groaned.

“Hey, do you wanna go to dinner?” I opened an eyes.

“Good Morning beautiful,” he said, caressing my cheek with his hand.

Ah, he’s so cute! I squirmed in my spot, causing him to laugh.

“What time is it?”

“Five. Do you want to go?”

“Sure. Who’s coming,” I was trying to stay focused, but Evgeni’s hand was on my cheek still, stroking it lovingly. This was the gentlest I had seen him. “Just our group. They want to leave at six.”

“Okay.”

I got up and stretched. “Evgeni.”

“Yeah?” he was still smiling laying on the bed. I walked over and gave him a hug.

“I’m sorry for everything. I want to be your friend, I don’t want these glare wars between us. I don’t want to be any further from you. I want my Evgeni back. So what do you say?”

“I forgive you Tristan,” he replied, looking into my eyes.

“I better get dressed.”

“Sidney said dress nice.”

“All right.”

I was now drawing circles on Evgeni’s chest, making him shiver, which caused me to chuckle.

“I’ll be back.” I leaned in and kissed him gently on the cheek. I then got up. He was now smirking at the ceiling.

I left the room, walking into the huge closet, and pulled out a thin turquoise halter dress. I had just bought it with TJ last week at Pacsun. I walked into the bathroom. Hanging the dress on the hanger. And jumped in the shower. Afterwards I put my dress on. I had only a little bit of makeup and jewelry with me. Which were already on the counter. I decided for silver sparkly eye shadow, with thin blue eye linear. I put on a silver necklace, with a single dimond. I had gotten if from my dad, when I turned 16. And matching earrings. Instead of getting a car, I got a necklace and earrings. Not that I minded, it was beautiful.

I walked out of the bathroom, hair naturally curly. Evgeni was buttoning up a nice dress shirt. I grabbed my silver sparkly flats. Really, I couldn’t walk on heels, to save my life.

“Ready?” I asked, as Evgeni jumped.

“Wow, there,” I said laughing.

“You scared me, I didn’t think you were ready yet,” Evgeni explained,s scratching the back of his head.

“I scared Evgeni Malkin!” I cried, running in place and throwing my hands around the air.

“Shut it.”

“Nope.”

“Then quite laughing Tristan!”

“Okay fine; hurry up.”

“Done.”

Evgeni started at me for a minute, making me stop. Red grew over his cheeks.

“Are you blushing?”

“No.”

“Sure.”

“Yes!”

Evgeni grabbed my hand angrily and pulled me out the door, pocketing his key.

“Where are we going?” I asked, once we were in the elevator.

“Dunno. Sid said that he had plan for us.”

“Cool.”

We arrived in the lobby. Jordan, Marc and Sidney where sitting on the couches, and Bugsy, Max and Kris were playing with the luggage cart, pushing each other around in it and all.

“Tristy!” I turned around. TJ was running toward me, in a matching halter dress, except in a vibrant red. It looked so good on her. She was wearing black flats, and a black heart necklace.

“TJ!” I cried hugging my friend. We had died her hair a couple days before coming here. It was black now. There was barley a difference, but it looked nice. She still had red bangs, and some new red streaks in her hair.

“I love your hair!” I said walking with her and Evgeni to the other men.

“Thanks! It took me a little bit I guess,” TJ said. Her hair was straight, and her bangs pulled back. She was stunning.

“You look good too. Bet Evgeni thinks your hot,” she whispered, grinning at me.

“TJ!” I cried, and she started laughing.

“Hey!” I greeted the boys giving them quick hugs before we started walking to the restaurant that Sidney had made the reservations at.

[Back at the hotel]

I was stuffed with food that had to be the best I had ever tasted. Evgeni paid for my food. Much to my obligation. And TJ, kept nudging me the whole time, and smirking at me. I had been sitting next to Evgeni. Part of the time, we had held times. Only TJ had seen, and in the bathroom, she swore she wouldn’t tell.

By now it was seven thirty and pitch black. We walked into the lobby.

“Hey, guys I heard that there was a big party tonight, and that other guys from other teams would be there. We should go!” Kris said excitedly.

“When and where?” Bugsy asked.

“Ah, eight. It’s at this one beach. We can get a cab!”

“I’m for it. Anyone else?” I asked.

“Yeah!” basically every one cried.

“Good, we’ll met back her in twenty, be in swimming stuff!” Kris ordered. And we head off in our separate directions. TJ and Evgeni and I were on the same floor. So we headed up together.

“So. I will see you in like twenty.”

“Okay. Bye TJ.”

“Yep! Bye Evgeni,” she smirked at us, Evgeni was holding me protectively by the waist. And I loved it.

“See you,” he replied, smiling at her as we waved goodbye to our friend. He opened up the door.

“You're cute,” I said, randomly, as he shut it. He softly pushed me against the, hands on either side.

“You look beautiful. And I think you’re cute too,” he whispered, smirking at me suggestively, leaning his forehead against mine.

“Thanks. I think you look handsome. And thanks for dinner, I had a great time.”

“Your welcome,” he sighed.

“I can’t believe I was even in I fight with you.”

He leaned in closer to my face. His lips were so close to mine. All one of us had to do was lean in-

“Now now, don’t get dirty with your team mate.”

Evgeni and I jumped. He broke away, looking behind him, and then back to me.

My eyes were frozen in fear.

“Tristan who are they. What’s the matter?” Evgeni asked, brushing his hand across my face. Still nothing.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I snarled. A women and two men were standing in the doorway to the living room.

“Is this how you greet me? Little sister.”

The the women leaned on the wall smirking at me, Evgeni was shocked, staring at me and then back to them. My eyes darted to the two men.

She brought him.

“Hello Tristan. It’s been awhile.”