Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part fourteen My Chemical Romance Shirt Dude

[Last Day Of Dryland]

“Bye Pavel," I muttered, hugging the Russian.

“I’ll miss you so much!” he complained.

“I know! I’ll miss you too.”

We stepped away, looking at each other. Pavel Datsyuk and I had become pretty close over the past seven days. I mean as close as you can get in seven days.

“Let’s exchange numbers!”

“Okay!” we traded phones and plugged in each others numbers.

“Where are the rest of the Wings?” I asked.

“Probably in Nic’s room. Wanna say bye to them?”

“Yeah! Let's go!” Pavel lead me to Nic’s room, where sure enough all of the Red Wings were there.

“Tomy!” I called into the room.

“Ahh, Tristan!” Tomas Holmstrom ran to me, glomping me in the process.

“Ahh! I’m gonna miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too!” I exchanged numbers with EVERYONE in the room. And by the time I was done, my fingers hurt.

“Bye guys.”

Pavel and I walked to the door.

“Bye Pav,” I said hugging him once more.

“Tristan you’re an amazing girl, don’t let anyone tell you different. Have fun this year.”

“Thanks I will, I hope we play you guys, that will be fun.”

“It will.”

“Bye Pavel.”

“Bye Tristan.”

I walked away without anymore to say. I got to my room, Evgeni and Sidney were talking on the couch. My phone rang, Pavel Datsyuk. it read and showed a picture of us. I laughed.

“Pav?”

“We’ll miss you!” all the guys yelled in my ear.

“Awe, I’ll miss you guys too.”

“Bye Tristan, call you on you’re birthday!”

“All right, bye Pavel, and guys!”

“Bye!” and with that I hung up.

“Hey guys.”

I landed on Evgeni’s lap.

“Hi to you too,” Evgeni replied and started tickling me.

“Ah, no! Oh mighty Geno!”

"Ahh, give it up!” Sidney called, tickling me too.

Ding Dong.

“Ahh the doorbell! I’ll get it!” I cried jumping up and running to the door.

“It’s not over!” I heard from behind me.

“Yes it is Crosby! I won.”

“Did not!” Evgeni complained. I swung open the door and there in my doorway stood Alexander Ovechkin, lugging a suitcase behind him.

“Wow. Hey Ovie,” I greeted, slightly surprised. I had been calling him "Ovie" all week, he told me he liked the nickname best when I said it.

He chuckled, smiling a wide grin.

“We’re leaving now, and I wanted to say bye. I had a fun time this week. You’re an awesome work out partner,” his thick Russian accent was funny to listen to, but adorable at the same time.

“Yeah, I had fun too. Hopefully we can play each other this year.”

“Yeah. I hope we do too,” we both smiled at each other.

“Can I have you’re number?” he asked.

“Sure.”

I could feel Evgeni glaring daggers into my the back of my head, probably trying to get to Alex -hopefully.

“I want you’re number too.” I told him as I once again exchanged my number, handing over my phone to him.

“Thanks. And don’t worry Evgeni, I know she’s taken,” he smiled at Evgeni, and surprisingly Evgeni smiled back.

“Bye Sidney.”

“Bye Alex!” Sidney called from the couch, and right there ladies and gentlemen, proves that Mighty Sid the Kid and Alexander the Great, don't hate each other after all.

“Bye Alex. You’re awesome.”

“So are you.” I reached out and was pulled into an awesome hug.

“See you later.”

Alex reached in and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Talk to you later.”

I waved goodbye and TJ came running at me.

“Did you say goodbye to the Wings guys?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I did, they’re soooo cool!”

“I know! So what’s up?” I asked leaning against the door.

“I have to tell you something. Now.”

“Huh?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Staal?” she blushed and nodded her head.

[Home Sweet Home]

The door opened up and I walked in, staring at the house I had been missing for the past week.

“Are you going to walk in? Or stay on the porch all night?” Sidney’s voice rang in my ear.

“Sorry.” I whispered walking into our house.

“Are you okay?” Evgeni asked, from behind me, giving me a quick hug.

“I don’t know. I’m going to go upstairs," I informed the three.

“Night Tristan, love you!” Sidney and Jordan called to me.

“Night,” Evgeni whispered.

I lugged my bag upstairs and threw it on my floor. The week’s events were replaying in my head. I shook them out, putting pajamas on. Seconds later I was crashed on my bed.

“Tristan. I can’t live without you!” Connor yelled, making me stop completely in my tracks.

“Connor-”

“No, I’m not leaving here without you.”

Connor reached for my wrist, Pavel and Sidney were ready to punch Connor at any minute. But when Connor grabbed my wrist, I didn’t do anything, they just stared, dazed confused.

“I don’t understand.”

I smiled slightly, feeling the tears I had held all my life, well, until these past events, fill up in my eyes.

“Don’t you get it Connor? It’s over, it’s been over. I don’t have any feelings for you anymore. It’s hard to even look at your face,” I said bitterly, reaching my hand, to cup his face. “I can’t. Because I don’t feel that way anymore. I’m sorry.”

I retracted my hand, turning around and walking slowly away.

“Tristan!” Connor called after me.

“I want to fall in love with you again,” he whispered in my ear, hugging me from behind. I shook my head.

“Connor. I can’t. I can’t because of the choices you have made.”


My eyes shot open.

“That stupid dream again,” I mumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. The scene that had been haunting me since that night at the club. I looked over and read the clock.

“Two. Ugh.”

I got up, and walked slowly down the hall. Sidney’s room was next to mine, across from his was Jordan's, and next to him was the computer room, and finally at the end of the hall, Evgeni’s room. I heard faint snoring on the way to his room. I walked to the door, it was slightly open. I heard moving around.

My heart sank. Great, bet it’s some girl in his bed. I didn’t really now why I was thinking that, but I had been in such a depressed mood lately. I didn’t feel like going in there and seeing Evgeni and some girl, but my legs had a mind of their own, I took a step in.

My eyes brought me to Evgeni, he was moving around, but by himself. He looked like he was having a bad dream?

Walking in and shutting the door behind me, I made my way to Evgeni. I stared for a second, and he seemed to be having a bad dream. Evgeni was holding on tightly to his bed sheets.

"Tristan,” he muttered. My eyes softened and my hand found it’s way to his cheek.

I got in the bed next to Evgeni, pulling the sheets around me as well.

“Tristan, don’t leave,” he whimpered.

“Evgeni, shh, I’m right here.” I kissed his forehead, trying to get him out of his horrible dream, that I was somehow involved in.

“Evgeni.”

His eyes shot open.

“Y-you’re here.” Evgeni looked at me, tears were slightly welling up in his eyes, he instantly rubbed them away.

“Yeah. I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be right here,” I said soothingly, stroking his cheek.

“Thank god,” he whispered, and smiled at me.

“I wouldn’t want it any other way,” he told me, pulling me in his arms. We soon drifted off to sleep, content in each others arms.

[Penguins Practice, Tuesday the 22nd]

“Again.”

We skated to the end of the rink and back.

“Again.”

We repeated the drill.

“Again,” Michel said, we did as we were told.

“On the goal line.”

I skated to the goal line, panting heavily.

“Three crushers. Go!” he blew his whistle, Michel was in some sort of bad mood today, because had been working us like dogs all practice. And before practice we had to run four miles, do an hour of weights, and then get on the ice. I started my crusher. skating hard to the blue line, back to the goal line, red line, back, far blue line, back, far goal line, back.

“One,” I whispered, repeating this step two more times. Sidney finished first, I came close behind him. Sid got on his knees, panting hard. I fell to the ice next to him, panting hard as well.

“Tristan,” Michel called.

Crap, did I not do it hard enough? I thought, getting up and skating to him, all of a sudden feeling light headed.

“Y-yeah?” I choked out, panting harder.

“Are you okay? Do you need your inhaler?” he asked, pulling it out of his pocket. I nodded my head and threw off my helmet.

He handed the inhaler and I pumped air into my system. A minute later I was calmed down, and pored water into my mouth, feeling much better.

“Sorry. Just really tired I guess," I said, handing it back to him.

“That’s all right, practice is cut short for you. Go get dressed, showered up, you’ve got a dinner date,” he told me, patting me on the back.

“What?” I asked, tired and worn out.

“You’ll see. Go now.”

I lazily skated off the ice, waving to the boys.

Haha! Fuck yes! Practice cut short by forty five minutes! HAHA, SEE YA SUCKERS! I thought in my head, walking to the locker room. Twenty minutes later, I was showered and dressed, and now standing in the lobby, with bag and stick in hand.

“Tristan.”

Ray walked into the lobby.

“HELL NO! Tell me you’re not my ‘dinner date’!” I cried. Ray burst out laughing and pointing at me.

“No!” he barley chocked out, he still calm himself down.

“Stop laughing! It wasn’t that funny!” Ray wiped tears out of his eyes.

“It was. And no, I’m driving you to your dinner date. Leave you’re gear here, I’ll get one of the boys to take it home for you.”

“Okay? Err, what’s this dinner date thing?”

I walked into a restaurant I had never seen before, called St. Margaritas. Obviously a Mexican restaurant, and surprisingly nice inside.

“C'mon," Ray said, pulling me to the hostess podium. “I’m Ray Shero, and this is Tristan Davis, she’s here for her dinner date.”

“Oh. Okay, this way Ms. Davis, he’s already here.”

“Have fun,” Ray laughed, and I glared at him.

‘You’re dead.’ I mouthed. He just continued to laugh and waved. The lady brought me to a booth.

“Here we are.”

She sat me down, across from- Kat’s friend? My Chemical Romance shirt dude!

I sat down across from him and narrowed my eyes into a glare.

“So who are you?” I asked, not really wanting to know, just wanting to get out of here. I took a sip of my water.

“You really don’t know?” he asked.

“I don’t know who you are. So if you’re not going to talk, I’ll just leave.” I got up.

“Wait.” He reached out his arm.

“Okay, so spill, tell me what you want. You’ve got three seconds, I want to go home.”

The guys started talking, really fast, “I know it’s been awhile, and I never meant to leave you behind. But I had to get out, make something of myself. And that’s when I found Kat, again. She took me in, letting me do whatever I wanted to. I was loving my life. I finished high-school, and even after that, I couldn’t come back to you. You had worked so hard all your life, and look where you are now. You continued even when people told you you couldn’t do it.” Pause, he took a sip of water, while I stared at him, confused. “I just felt like I couldn’t come home, until I proved myself.”

I was so confused by now I had no idea what this guy was talking about.

“I don’t understand. Who did you need to prove yourself to?”

“To you. Do you really not know, who I am?”

“I don’t know who you are. I don’t understand what you’re talking about,” I stared at the guy. Confused out of my mind.

“You should know that Kat’s planning something against you, Connor’s in on it too. He wants you back you know.”

“What? Kat’s planning something against me?” I asked slightly amused that Kat would come this far to do something like this. Either that, or this guy is on something.

“I can’t tell you right now, but it’s huge.”

“Huh? What’s with Connor anyway?”

“He talks about you all the time, how you guys used to be. How long did you guys date?”

I raised an eyebrow, “from eighth till the middle of twelve. He's a year older than me, so he was out of high school by then”

“Yeah I know. So I take it you still hate Kat.”

I stared a him in disbelief. No shit!

“Dude who the heck are you?”

There was a moment of silence.

“Terry’s dead,” he whispered, looking down at his water glass. My eyes grew wide, Terry was Kat’s mom, and my old step-mom, until my dad divorced to her.

“What?” I clamped my hand over my mouth.

“How do you know Terry? You can’t be...” my voice wouldn’t speak, it wouldn’t let me say his name. Memories of my childhood came flooding painful back.

“Yes... yes. I’m Bryce Davis,” he said calmly, flipping his died hair out of his eyes. Revealing his crystal blue eyes, just like mine.

“B-ryce?” I asked, stunned, unable to do anything but stare at the boy in front of me.

No, no. This couldn’t be Bryce, he looks so different. He’s living with Kat. Bryce always hated her. This isn’t him. It’s all a lie! A stupid thing that Kat set up. I felt anger, sadness and confusion all well up inside of me.

I hated him with all my being. Now looking at him and knowing who he really was, made me sick. In front of me was the boy who left me, who left me all alone. He just got up and left. Without a note or an explanation. Just like that he was gone from my life.

“Bryce,” he repeated.

With that I got up, leaving him there. I didn’t want anything to do with him. With my ex-brother.