Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part four The Beginning of Fuzz-Ball

“Meet Tristan Davis. She is our newest member of the team,” Michel Therrien, the Penguins head coach said, as I was standing next to him. “She came to a Penguins camp at the beginning of the summer, and we think she’s ready to play in the NHL. So Penguins, say hello to your new team mate.”

“Hey,” they all said, staring in amazement, since I was the first and only girl ever in the NHL.

I looked at the crowd people before me.

Wow, this is my team.

“Hi,” I smiled at them, I faintly heard snorting and some giggles.

Those three idiots! I shook my head and sat down next to Ryan Malone, who was pretty good looking, but I think he was a little to old for me. Besides I wasn’t here to find love. I was here to play hockey.

“Hey, I’m Ryan Malone.”

“I know. I’m Tristan,” I said smiling.

“I got that, you can call me Bugsy, everyone does.”

“Cool Bugsy.” we both laughed.

“So what do you play?”

“Center or right wing, what ever they want me to play.”

It was a pretty hot day today and the Penguins, plus me, were on football field, well technically in the very top of the stands.

“So your names Tristan Davis, am I right?” I looked behind to see a rather cute guy, with black hair that was in a fohawk.

“Yeah that’s me. So what’s yours?”

“Mine, Kris Letang,” he smiled a cheeky smile, and gave me two thumbs up, I giggled in return.

“All right so break?” Andre Savard one of our assistant coaches asked.

“Yes!” was the reaction of my team.

Thank god, I’m tired, I haven’t done this stuff in like a month.

“I’m gonna go take a break, Kris,” I smiled, getting off the bleachers and ran down the stairs. Skipping the last one I landed on the grass of the football field.

God it’s hot. I thought running to the middle of the field and laying down.

The wind picked up a little bit and felt really nice. I closed my eyes relaxing.

“Watch out!” I heard an oh-so familiar voice call.

My eyes shot open, just in time to see Sidney running at me.

“CINDY!” I shrieked, he hated being called that. He tackled me and we rolled over on the grass.

“What the! What are you doing?!” I asked mad, until I noticed that look on his face, then I was scared.

“Hello Youngin.”

“I’m not young Sid.”

“Suuure.”

“Hello down there!”

I looked up seeing Evgeni. Dang you for being tall! I thought to myself, looking up at the 6’ 3” Malkin.

“Shut it and help me up.”

A hand reached down and pulled me up.

“Now onward!” I cried jumping on Evgeni’s back.

“Where to?”

“Water!” I held on tight as Evgeni ran up the stairs to the team at the very top. “They’re back, you saved the Youngin!” Jordan stood and grabbed me off of Evgeni’s back.

“I’m not young!” I insisted.

“Someone get me a booster seat!” Evgeni called, pretending to look around for one. “Youngin here needs one, she’s not tall enough for this ride.”

“Honestly? MALKIN!” I cried jumping out of Jordan’s strong arms.

“Hah, she’s cute when’s she mad.” I heard some one joke and then laugh, along with a couple of guys.

“Excuse me?” I asked, the person standing next to Marc-Andre Fleury, who I have already met, and taking a liking too. No not like that! As a friend, Marc was pretty chill. Unlike other people.

“Hello beautiful, my names Maxime Talbot, will you marry me?” Maxime asked getting down on one knee. Uhh. No...

“MAX!” an annoyed Evgeni yelled hitting him on the head.

“Sorry, this is Mad Max,” Sidney introduced us as Max stood.

“Err, okay. Hey your not that tall!” I said laughing, and poking him, Max started to sulk.

“I’m 5’ 11”!” he cried.

“That's okay Max, she’s like what 5 foot?” Fleury asked and a couple guys laughed.

“Oh that’s it flower, your going down!” He laughed.

“Is that so?”

“Yes!”

“Energetic little thing isn’t she?” Bugsy asked. “I’m not that little!”

Now I was sulking.

“I’m gonna go talk to Michel!” I cried running off to talk to my coach, who was laughing at all of us.

[three hours later]

I collapsed on Evgeni’s couch in his room in his room.

That was freakin hard dry land crap. I thought turning over. Guess I couldn’t make it to my room.

I chuckled to myself and then I felt something warm fall around me. A blanket.

I turned back over and saw Evgeni taking off his shirt. I covered my eyes with my hands, but I couldn’t help it, so being me, I peaked. I saw his rock hard chest, and his skinny little stomach.

Man Ev, are you fine or what? And then I started thinking about kissing him. My stomach dropped.

“Aren’t peaking are you Tristan?” a smile tugged at my lips, but I would not let it escape. I turned over.

“Humph, like your body’s anything to look at,” I sneered, closing my eyes once more.

“Sure,” he said, unconvinced.

Evgeni bent over looking at my face, pushing some hair out of my eyes. He laid down next to me on the couch.

“Tell me you have a shirt on.”

“Nope,” he replied and I could almost see the smirk forming on his lips, which sent a shiver down my back.

Pulling the covers over himself, he scooted closer to me. I could feel his stomach against me, sending more and more chills down my spine.

“Are you cold?” he asked, red was now tinting my face.

“Yes.” I admitted.

“Okay.” Evgeni scooted closer to me.

“Better?” he whispered into my ear.

“Yes,” I whispered turning around, he pulled himself so his body was pressing against mine.

“You looked really nice today.” he told me, hugging me tightly. I looked up at him and he looked down at me, we both leaned in-

“GENO!!” footsteps were coming up the stairs, Evgeni rolled off the couch, and jumped on his bed. I turned over again.

Crap!That look in his eyes.

I shut my eyes just as the door opened.

“Hey, we’re going out to dinner want to come?”

Max, is that him?

I was breathing rather fast now, my heart was still on edge from about to kiss

Evgeni Malkin, Evgeni Malkin. What am I thinking, common Tristan, keep your head in the game!

But I couldn’t, everyday feelings for Evgeni grew stronger.

“I-”

“Is that fuzz-ball?”

Max, I am so going to kill you!

He had called me fuzz-ball because I took my hair out of my pony tail and it was kinda frizzy, okay really fuzzy. But hey! It was hot out!

Max pushed some hair out of my face.

“Yeah, she lives with us remember.”

“Yeah, I forgot, what’s the matter with her, her cheeks are really red.” His hand touched my forehead.

“Damn, it’s hot!” Max quickly withdrew his hand from my face.

“Yeah, I think she’s really tired, that’s why she’s sleeping there.”

“Oh I see.”

“So you gonna go or not?”

“I better not, she’s really tired, I don’t want to leave her alone. Just tell Jordan and Sidney to bring Tristan and I back something.”

“Okay will do, talk to you later Geno.”

“Bye Maxie.”

Evgeni’s door shut and moments later so did the front door. I let out my breath that I was holding and sighed.

That was close.

“Hey, err, are you okay?” Evgeni asked and I shot up.

“What why?”

“Your face is kinda hot.”

“Y-yeah, I’m fine!”

“Hah, okay. So wanna watch a movie?”

“Movie, where?”

“Downstairs, were the media room is.”

“Haha, you snobby rich kids. Sure! Let’s go, but I want a piggy back ride.”

Evgeni smirked at me and bent down as I leaped on his back. “God your heavy!”

“NO I’M NOT!”

“Your right, you really light,” Evgeni let out a laugh.

“Really funny.” I rested my head on his back, taking in his scent, which smelt really good, he had just taken a shower.

Eww, I probably smell like sweat!

I started freaking out, kinda trying to smell myself a little. Okay, well, you might think it's weird, but c'mon! Do you really want to smell bad with an NHL hockey star in the vicinity? Exactly.

“If your thinking you smell bad, don’t worry you don’t.” he said laughing a little.

“I wasn’t thinking about that!”

“Sure.”

Creepy, can he like read minds or something? Oh shit! maybe I was being loud... Oh my god.

I laughed off the thought. We went to the basement, opening a door to a room, which was the media room.

“What movie?” I asked.

“I don’t care. You?”

“Not really,” I said sitting on one of the couches.

“How about...” Evgeni turned to look at me.

“I have an idea!”

“What Geno.”

He smiled.

“Your calling me Geno now?”

“Sure, or Evgeni, or Ev, which ever one I decide. So what’s your plan?”

“It’s a surprise, get ready and met me in the car in thirty.”

“Um Okay?...”

I got up and ran up the stairs, going to my bathroom to take a shower.

Butterflies filled my stomach again as I thought of what Evgeni might be planning. I gripped my stomach, getting into the shower. I got out minutes later and put some longer shorts on and a t-shirt from American Eagle. I smiled.

Kallie I love this shirt! I miss you so much! I said in my head thinking of when Kallie bought me this for my birthday last year.

I put makeup on and straightened my bangs. And decided to leave the rest of my hair curly. I looked at myself in the mirror.

“Okay let’s go,” I said to myself, running out of the bathroom. I grabbed my blue Hollister hoodie on the way. I ran down the stairs, and out the front door. Evgeni was sitting in his car.

“Hey.”

“Hey, ready to go?”

“Yeah, Evgeni, what’s the plan?”

“You’ll see.” we pulled out of the driveway.

It was now nine a clock at night, and the boys would be getting home soon. We pulled up to the Mellon Arena, which I have yet to step foot in.

“Huh?”

“You’ll see,” Evgeni repeated, grabbed an Adidas bag out of the back of his car. I got out and looked around.

“Hmm, so this is the Iceberg?” I looked up at the cool arena.

“Yeah, this is the place you are going to be playing this next season, and hopefully many years to come,” Evgeni said, squeezing my shoulders lightly. “C’mon.” Evgeni reached for my hand and laced his fingers in mine.

I loved it when we held hands, I wasn’t exactly sure what it meant. He seemed to be holding my hand more and more, and our time alone together seemed to be more and more.

But it meant we were just friends, right? Cause I hold hands with Sidney and Jordan too, sometimes, once or twice.

I sighed, that had only happened like once. We walked up to the ‘secret entrance’ as Evgeni called it, well he had to use a key to get in.

The lights weren’t on so Evgeni turned on a couple.

“Wow.” the arena was huge.

I was in a trance, staring at the arena, I followed Evgeni to the bench.

“Are we skating?” I asked excitedly.

“You got it.”

“But I don’t have my skates!” I said, very disappointed.

I really wanted to skate on that ice, it has been a couple weeks.

“I brought them,” he replied happily, pulling both of our skates out of the bag.

“Thanks!” I smiled, sitting down next to him.

“Man your feet are tiny,” he said, smirking.

“They are size four!” I cried.

“Yeah tiny.”

“Whatever, I just got these, my old skates were 3.5,” I proudly added, smiling at him. He smiled back, a real smile, not that smirk. But it still had the same effect on me. I felt like I was floating.

I got down and tied my skates, then jumped over the boards and skated around.

“I love this place!” I yelled. Evgeni skated over to me.

“Me too.”

I hugged Evgeni.

“This is the best idea!” I cried.

“Let’s go Tristan. C’mon, skate,” he ordered lacing his fingers with mine. He was skating backwards as I was skating forwards, talking to him.

I started to laugh at something he said.

“Hah, so you think I’m funny?” Evgeni asked.

“Yeah, funny looking,” I smirked, letting go of his hands.

“You’re going down!”

“Not if you can’t catch me!” I started skating away, Evgeni close on my trail. I laughed, skating faster and faster, cutting into the ice every step propelling me forward.

“Your fast!”

“Thanks!”

I felt strong arms around me at center ice. “Ahh, you caught me!”

I turned around, resting my head on his chest. I felt so at peace with him.

“I did, now I getta kiss,” he whispered softly as I looked up into his beautiful brown eyes.

“Okay.” I closed my eyes and leaned in and so did he-

“GENO!” I heard someone yell. I pushed away from him, skating to the other side of the rink.

I’m gonna kill whoever is here.

“Hey, we have your dinner, we saw your car and decided to stop by,” Jordan explained, standing at the zamboni entrance.

“Thanks,” Evgeni laughed it off, I could see his face was a little flushed, and he had a weird look in his eyes. Jordan rushed over to him.

“What’d you get me?”

“A salad, it’s really good, and pretty big.”

“Thanks, now give it to me!” I ordered, smiling at Sidney.

“Not yet, c’mon, let’s go home.”

A scream escaped my lips, and I heard laughing.

“MAXIME!”

“Yes fuzz-ball?”

“RUN!”

Max was on the ice, and had just scared me, he was standing next to Kris and Sidney, who were also laughing their asses off.

I pushed Max across the ice.

“Hah, that was hilarious!” he cried.

“SHUT IT!” I laughed, playfully hitting him.

“I want to watch a movie, let’s go guys!” Kris called, chasing Sidney and Max off of the ice, and pulling Jordan with him.

I glanced over at Evgeni, who’s eyes were filled with disappointment. Once he saw me, he flashed a smile my way. I returned it.

Evgeni, you don’t know how you make me feel do you? I sighed. Maybe one day...