Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part five Pranking A Friend

I rolled over, groaning, I didn’t want to wake up yet. I started shivering.

Why is it so cold all of a sudden?

I started snuggling closer to something that felt warm.

Throwing my body over the warmth.

When did I get this body pillow?

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing two stare back at me, I shrugged and closed them again.

That’s weird, why is Sidney Crosby in my bed?

My eyes shot open once more.

“CROSBY!” I cried, and pretty much like every morning, I heard laughing.

I sat up and looked down at him, who was trying to hold a straight face, but was failing miserable.

“Hello there,” he said pulling me back down, right next to him. “You’re cute when you sleep,” he whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around me. He closed his eyes.

“CROSBY GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BED!” I rolled out of bed, and fell hard on the floor.

“Ouch! Ew that the heck is on the ground!” I cried, looking under me, feeling something move.

“OH MY GOD!” I jumped on the bed. “SNNAAAAAAKE!!!!!!” I screamed. Sidney sat up and started laughing, and then I heard more laughing, under the bed?

“Nice snake.” Sidney picked up the “snake” which was gooey rubber, with a string attached. Kris crawled out from under the bed, laughing and pointing at me.

“OH MY GOD! You idiots!” I got out of bed, and slammed my bed room door.

“They’re so gonna die!” I mumbled to myself as I walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

“My head,” I said.

I was exhausted, and my head was pounding hard. I leaned my head against the cold wall.

“Hey.”

I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me.

Evgeni.

I knew it was him. I felt his breath softly move over my neck.

“You okay babe?” a shiver ran down my spine. I loved it when he called me that.

“No,” I whined, feeling overly safe in Evgeni's arms.

“What happened?”

“Snake...” I whispered. I looked up hoping to see his comforting smile, instead - Evgeni was trying to hold in a laugh, also failing.

“Shut up!” I punched him in the arm, causing him to let go of me. We both stood there.

“Hey guys...” I looked over at who had said that.

“Um what the hell?”

In front of me was a sleepy Jordan, who was wearing ducky pajama pants...

“JORDAN!” I cried, pointing at him. Evgeni was now rolling on the floor.

“What the fuck are you wearing!” he looked down, at where I was pointing.

“SIDNEY CROSBY!” he yelled, sprinting back upstairs.

“What’s all the commutation about?” Max stood at the edge of the kitchen. I jumped.

“Where the hell did you come from!”

“Hey pretty lady,” he said softly kissing my hand, and then my arm.

“Don’t you dare! SICKO!” I pushed Max, who slipped and fell on the laughing Evgeni.

Now it was my turn to laugh. “Hah! Losers!” I sprinted up the stairs.

“Fuzz-Ball your so DEAD!” Max yelled.

Psh. Yeah right!

I guess wasn’t looking where I was running because something hit my head - I think it was another head.

I was now rolling down the stairs, someone right under me.

“OPFH!”

We landed at the bottom of the stairs - well I landed on someone at the bottom of the stairs.

I looked under me, it was Kristopher Letang, who seemed to be dead.

“Kris, Kristopher!” I said was poking his cheek.

“GET OFF!” he cried, flipping me over and tickling me.

Ding Dong!

“What the HELL!” Kris stopped, “what was that?” he asked, scared voice.

“I’m not sure,” I replied in the same tone.

Ding Dong!

“Get the door!” someone yelled.

“Ooh!” Kris and I stared laughing. I got up and opened the door.

“FLOWER!” I cried, jumping onto him.

“Tristan.” he smiled, giving me a hug. I loved his smile, and his heart shaped lips. I took a step back, looking at him.

Wow, he looks kinda hot today. Kinda Tristan, really? More like really hot...

“You’re so adorable!” Marc pulled me into a hug. I took in his smell.

I think the heat is getting to my head.

I let Marc in, and turned around to see Evgeni looking straight at me, I could see a little hurt in his eyes.

“So where’s Sidney?” Marc asked, smiling at me, and greeting Max, Kris and Evgeni.

“Upstairs, um Max, Kris, can you take Marc upstairs? I’m gonna cook some breakfast,” I told them, as Evgeni turned around and walked into the kitchen.

“Sure,” they replied running up the stairs like a bunch of hooligans.

I sighed.

“Evgeni?”

He was looking in the fridge for something.

“Evgeni, you okay?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Get off Tristan.” I could feel his back tense. I backed away.

“What’s your problem?” I frowned, turning around and walking upstairs.

Great, this is just great.

[Penguins Practice]

“No, wrong. Evgeni, you’re doing it wrong again!” Coach Michel yelled at Evgeni, for like the umpteenth time today.

“What the heck is wrong with you!”

I stood next to Sidney, panting.

“Do you know what’s the matter with him, Tristan?” Sidney asked. I shook my head.

Okay, lie.

Evgeni was still mad, and wouldn’t talk to me.

All I did was check out Marc. So what? It’s not like Evgeni and I are hooked up. Geez we haven’t even kissed, and he hasn’t told me that he has any feelings for me. So I’m totally in the dark here! He shouldn’t be mad, it’s not like I’m going to wait around for him forever. And you know what, I don’t even know if I do have feelings for him. Urgh! Men are so annoying.

I was staring to get mad now, he was wasting our whole practice.

“Whatever,” Evgeni muttered, skated off the ice.

After that, practice was cut short.

I walked into the locker room, sitting next to Ty Conklin and Hal Gill. Two older guys of the team, they were really fun to talk to though, and kind of like an uncle figure.

I ripped off my helmet, and threw down my gloves. Oh yea, I was pissed.

I put my hair up in a messy pony tail and threw my shoulder and elbow pads in my bag.

“You okay Tristan?” Hal asked.

“No, I’m not.”

Everyone turned their attention to me, even Evgeni looked up.

“God, Evgeni stop freaking sulking!” I called out.

“I’m not sulking!” he defended, his face contorted in anger.

“That's why you played like crap at practice!” I stepped over my bag, standing in front of him, he stood up as well. He had no skates on, and I was a little taller than my normal 5’ 4” height. I think it might have threatened him.

“Shut up! Like you know why I played bad at practice!”

“Yeah, I do!”

“Oh really Tristan? Why?” he asked, looking like he wanted to rip my to pieces.

“You’re mad because Marc’s better looking than you!” I shouted, and then clasped my hand over my mouth.

Not good, I didn’t mean that!

“Like I care! I don’t care about what the heck you think Davis!” Evgeni shouted.

“So where on last name terms now?” I asked.

“We’re not on any terms!” Evgeni yelled walking past me and out of the locker room. I didn’t waste a second running out of the locker room to find Evgeni.

“Evgeni?” I whispered in the long hall way.

I searched all over, but I couldn’t find him.

“Great.”

Ten minutes later I went into the usually loud locker room, which was scary quite. I got out of my gear, without making eye contact with anyone. I walked into the showers. Locking the door. And taking a quick shower.

I got out and got dressed, opening up the door and walking out to my bag. The only other person in the locker room was Marc.

Grreeaaaattt, it’s like they freakin’ planned this.

“Hey,” Marc smiled, standing in front of me.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered zipping up my Penguins bag.

“Trist, it’s fine really. And I think your good looking too.”

I chocked down a laugh, and started coughing. Oh god, is Flower hitting on me?

I looked up to see his smiling face and I smiled back, Evgeni far from my mind. Marc leaned in, kissing me gently on the cheek and then walking out of the locker room.

“See you tonight,” he said before opening the door.

My head was turing and I couldn’t stop smiling.

I jumped in my car, and drove home really slow, calling Kallie and Robert, seeing what they were doing, and telling them I LOVED Pittsburgh.

[later that night]

“Dinners ready!” I cried, setting the table for four. I was still beaming from earlier. Sidney and Jordan raced down stairs.

“MOMMY!” Jordan yelled, hugging me.

“Freak!”

“I love you!” he cried, giving me a hand and getting the silverware.

Sometimes I did feel like their mom.

“Sido can you get the milk?”

“Sure Trist,” the kid smiled, going to the fridge.

We all sat down, to mac and cheese and hot dogs, I made this all the time when I was a kid.

We ate in silence for a couple minutes.

“Where's Evgeni?” I asked, breaking the kind of awkward silence.

“Upstairs in his room, he won’t open the door.” Sidney said, sadness echoing in his voice.

“Really?” I felt like I was going to be sick.

“So what was with that whole thing in the locker room?”Jordan asked.

“Nothing, it was nothing.” I said avoiding the subject.

“Err, can Max, Kris, Bugsy and Marc spend the night?” Sidney asked, slurring his words. I could tell he was excited. And actually, so was I, my heart was pounding faster then it had since- well- everyday with Evgeni.

I shook him from my head, I would not let him ruin my night because he was pouting.

“You’re asking me? It’s your house.”

“But your in charge!” Jordan cried.

“Good answer.”

We all laughed.

“I don’t care, let’s watch a movie!” I suggested, picking our plates up, as the boys cleaned the table.

“Sure what movie?” Sidney asked.

“Howa bout, err, Miracle?” Jordan suggested.

“I’ve seen that movie a gillion times.”

“And it’s stills good!” all three of us cried.

“Okay, when are they coming over?” I asked.

Ding Dong!

“They’re here!” Jordan sang.

“I’ll get it, but honestly I hate that doorbell and we have to fix it,” I ordered and the guys laughed.

I opened the door to see all of the boys.

“Hey Tristan!” they called. “Hey guys come in.” I said, letting them pass.

“Can I talk to you?” Marc asked, pulling me outside and shutting the door behind me.

“Ah, sure?”

I could feel my face getting red.

Tristan, you DON’T like him. What about Evgeni?! How can I just forget him that easily. Forget how he makes me feel...

“Hey, will Geno talk to you?”

“No, he hasn’t even come out of his room. I feel kinda bad,” I admitted, looking at the porch underneath me.

“Don’t, sometimes he can get mad over stupid things, don’t worry he’ll be fine soon.”

“Okay...”

“Hey, so I have an idea, or more like a prank.”

“What is it?” I asked, adrenaline coming on.

Marc leaned in and whispered the details in my ear.

“Gotcha!”

Oh this was going to be good.

-------->
----->


“WATERFIGHT!” Sidney called, jumping up from the couch in the media room, and running up the stairs, the rest of us following closely behind.

We all rushed into the kitchen. I was now wearing a tank top and short shorts, filling up water balloons. It was almost one in the morning, but we didn’t care.

“TO THE BACK!” Jordan called, as each of us carried a bucket, full of water balloons.

We got to the HUGE back yard, I’m talking massive. If I walked to the end I probably couldn’t see the house, good thing we had a fence. Or I’d get lost.

“Ready, set, go!” I threw a water balloon and hit Max in the back of the head, throwing me into a laughing fit.

“TRISTAN YOU’RE DEAD!” I ran around laughing like a crazy person, when a water balloon hit me in the back.

“Who did that!” I cried, seeing Jordan and Kris laughing.

I threw balloons at them until something distracted me by throwing a balloon down my shirt, breaking in the process.

“Bull’s eye!” I heard someone yell, I looked up to see Marc laughing.

“Oh my god! Marc!” I screamed, throwing one at him.

The duel went on between Marc and I for a while, until the last balloon.

“I win!” I cried, hugging Marc, looking up into his beautiful brown eyes, I was getting lost in them.

“Tristan, you take my breath away,” he whispered, leaning in and kissing me softly. I kissed back, it felt like fireworks were going on right next to my lips.

I heard no sound around us. And as I pulled away, I noticed everyone had stopped.

“Woah,” Marc said softly, grinning at me. I felt the same way, the kiss was mind blowing. I smiled at Marc whose arm was around my waist.

“Fleury you FAGOT!” I looked over.

Evgeni Malkin was standing on the porch, his hands clinched.

One word, shit.