Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part six Dance Floor Trouble

Recap:

I heard no sound around us. And as I pulled away, I noticed everyone had stopped.

“Woah,” Marc said softly, grinning at me. I felt the same way, the kiss was mind blowing. I smiled at Marc whose arm was around my waist.

“Fleury you FAGOT!” I looked over.

Evgeni Malkin was standing on the porch, his hands clinched.

One word, shit.

- - - -

Evgeni came running full speed at both Marc and I.

He threw his hand out, he was going to hit Marc!

“No Evgeni stop!”

I got out of the grip of Marc and stood in front of him, arms spread out.

Evgeni stopped, his hand clinched, right next to my face. I was shaking, for a second I thought that he was going to punch me.

“Tristan?” Marc whispered.

The world had seemed to stop, I was staring into Evgeni’s eyes. My hands dropped to my side, as he withdrew his hand. I couldn’t move, nor talk, and it didn’t seem he could either.

“Tristan I-I...” he stumbled over his words.

Evgeni didn’t know what to say.

But his actions screamed then words.

Part of me wanted to drop into his arms, and have him tell me all the wonderful things he always says to me. But the other so badly wanted to hospitalize him.

I thought I was pissed before...

“What the hell do you think your doing Malkin! Going to punch your own teammate? Your goalie! You are so LOW! I can’t even look at your face,” I shouted, running past him, to the backdoor.

“Tristan wait!” I heard footsteps behind me and I sprinted to my room.

I slammed my door and then locked my door, pushing my side table in front of it, just to make sure they couldn’t get in.

I walked into my bathroom, stripping down and getting in a warm shower.

- - - -

“Tristan! Tristan, it’s me Jordan, please open up!” I heard Jordan, pound on the door. I grunted and rolled over, my back to the door. No way was I opening the door, besides I heard everyone outside, they would all come in.

“It’s no good, Max you try.”

“Tristan, c’mon Fuzz-Ball it’s me, please can we talk.”

I threw a pillow at the door. I’m pretty sure the whole group had asked to open up the door.

Although I hadn’t heard Evgeni’s voice once.

God, shut the FREAK up!

I rolled over, covering my head with my blankets. I had now been locked in my room for two hours, it was three in the morning. I just wanted to go to sleep and forget the days events.

“She doesn't’ want to talk!” I heard the guys leaving.

“Tristan, I’m sorry. I screwed everything up. You have a reason to be mad at me.”

It was Marc, now I felt bad. I got up, and pushed the night stand from the door.

“I’m sorry, it’s not your fault. It’s mine. And I’m not mad at you, really. Thanks for everything. I just need to be alone, I’m really tired.”

“Okay, just know that I’m here for you,” he said, smiling and turning away.

“Wait Marc, thanks.”

I gave him a hug, and said goodnight. before shutting and locking my door once more.

[eight p.m. next day]

We walked into the crowded club. A wave of heat came flowing at us.

Geez it’s like 105 degrees here.

“Tristan come on.” Max pulled me through the crowd and to couches, which were VIP. And since we were the Pittsburgh Penguins, I guess we fell into that category. Max showed his wristband, and so did I, along with my other teammates behind us.

I sat down, squished between Max and Sidney. Marc sitting next to Jordan, who was beside Sid, and we were across from Bugsy, Kris, Tyler Kennedy, and Ryan Whitney, who were invited by Bugsy.

I looked down at my feet, the guys laughing and joking with each other. This was the last place that I wanted to be today, really. But the boys wanted me to go, so I couldn’t let them down.

“Sorry I’m late.”

I heard the familiar voice speak, looking up I caught a glimpse of Evgeni, who sat next to Ryan, looking for a second at me and then shaking his head.

“Wanna dance?”

Three blond girls took Ryan, Tyler and Bugsy to the dance floor.

Ugh. Bimbo’s! I cried in my head, and actually they did look like idiots, but that didn’t seem to phase those three. There were anorexic skinny, with big boobs, and perfect bodies. Ooh, every guys dream. I think I was going to be sick.

I sat there still not in talking mode.

Later Kris and Jordan were taking away, so that left, Max, Sid, Marc, Evgeni and me. Sidney got up and sat across from us, whispered something to Evgeni, who still didn’t look to pleased.

“Would you like to dance?” it was pretty dark, so I couldn’t make out his face.

“Err, no thanks.”

“Or maybe you would like to go to a meeting with Easton next Sunday.”

What the heck is this guy talking about?

“Or maybe you would like to answer your phone!” I recognized the voice.

“Crap! Alex!” I stood up, face to face with my coordinator, who I had been ignoring for the past couple weeks, not returning phone calls and such.

“Where have you been? I’ve called you countless times and even came to a practice, but you had already left!”

“Alex, I’m sorry, I’ve been, err, busy.”

“Right, hand over you phone.”

“What? Why!” I whined, reaching in my purse and pulling it out.

He grabbed it from my hand and plugged something in it.

“Sunday, next week, you have a date with me and Easton,” he said sternly, giving me a smile. I chuckled.

“Okay buddy.”

“I’ll pick you up at your house at 3:30.”

“Okay, thanks Alex.”

“No problem, just do me a favor Tristan?”

“Sure Alex.”

“Answer your phone,” he said, waving goodbye to me and walking away. I waved back,and sat down in a slightly better mood.

Well until- “Would you like to dance?” rung in my ears, again. I looked up, a girl with straight black hair, a low cut tank top, and a short skirt, was standing in front of Evgeni.

Oh he better not say yes.

He looked over and smirked, guess he saw the horrified expression on my face.

“I’d love to, what’s your name?”

“Lisa.”

“Cool, I’m Evgeni.”

“I know who you are silly!” she said in such a high pitch voice, I’m sure only dogs could hear it.

“Hah, okay, let’s go.” Lisaled drug Evgeni to the dance floor, by his collar. They started dancing, their bodies pressed up against each other, and Evgeni was smirking like crazy.

I hate her guts! Look at that loser, rubbing her body up on him!

“Something wrong, you look awfully mad?” Max asked, I noticed that Marc had moved over to talk to Sidney.

“No.”

“Let’s dance,” Max ordered, getting up, reaching his hand down.

“Okay.”

I got up, flattening my blue satin dress. It was really cute, it was cut a little above my knees and I was wearing my hair straight in a pony tail, and black converses. I guess I was going for the edge look today because I had very thick eyeliner on as well. Or maybe depressed would be the word?

A slow song started playing as Max brought me to the dance floor. He put his hand around my waist.

“So what’s with you?” he asked, looking into my eyes.
 “Nothing,” I lied. Max felt like an older brother, I couldn’t just lie to him, especially when he gave me that look.

“Tristan-”

“Just caught up in thinking,”

“What were you thinking about?”

“Evgeni and Marc.”

“Oh I see.”

 “Maxy, I don’t know what to do.”

“Marc thinks you’re great, you know.”

“And Evgeni hates me.”

“No Trist, he doesn’t I think he was just hurt.”

“Hurt by what! All I did was look at Marc, look, and then he freaks out and won’t talk to me.”

“What about the whole kiss thing with you and Marc. He was pretty pissed after that.”

“That was a prank, a joke!”

“You mean like a funny joke?”

“Yes like a funny joke,” I said exasperated.

“Are you sure?” Max twirled me and brought me back to his warm body, which made me want cold air to blow in, “So you don’t like Marc?”

“I told you Max, it was a joke. We were going to kiss, and have you guys think we liked each other, and then tell Evgeni, and I would tell him it was a prank. He wasn’t supposed to see. And I guess I wasn’t thinking I just wanted to get back at him, and make him laugh.”

“I don’t think that laughing is what he would’ve been doing,” Max swayed this way and that, and I was following ever step. However, I was lost in my thoughts.

“Tristan, guys are just guys, maybe he needed space,” I shrugged that comment off.

Evgeni didn’t want space from me, did he?

“I’m going to go sit down,” the song ended, and Max pulled me into a hug.

“Just know, I’m here for you girl.” I hugged Max back.

“Thanks Max. I’m here for you too,” I whispered into his ear, and then walked to the couch. My head felt like it was spinning.

“You okay?” I looked to my left and saw that Marc was now sitting next to me.

“No, my head really hurts.”

“Want to go get some water?” he asked me, still smiling. That smile was so comforting.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” I got up, Flower putting his arm around my waist, and we walked to the bar.

“Two waters please,” Marc told the bar tender, and he handed us two bottle waters.

“So, what’s been bugging you?”

“I don’t know,” I replied, taking a big gulp of my water, and looking out to the happy people dancing.

“Trist, I know something is wrong! Is it Evgeni?”

“I don’t know,” I looked to Marc, concern written on his face. “It’s okay, don’t worry about me, Okay Marc?” I turned my attention to the dance floor once more, when something caught my eye. I dropped my water, it falling in slow motion towards the floor. The water sprayed ever, I got up, tears filing my eyes. I walked slowly across the dance floor; I heard Marc, Max and Sidney yelling my name.

I stopped in front of a chair, holding a girl sitting on a guy. They were in full make out mode.

“I hate you,” I murmured, just loud enough for him to hear me and open his eyes, pushing the girl off of him.

“Ah, Evgeni what are you doing!” the girl yelled from the floor, I had the urge to kick her face in, but I held it back.

“Tristan,” Evgeni stood up, reaching for me, I slapped his hand away.

“Don’t touch me.”

“But I-”

“I can’t believe you!” I cried slapping him hard across the face.

“EXCUSE ME!” the girl shouted. I was shocked, and so was he, I just slapped Evgeni. The girl pushed me, and I stumbled backwards.  I was unable to do anything.

“Don’t you dare touch her,” Evgeni muttered dangerously, pushing her away.

The girl scoffed and walked away. I turned around, running, sprinting for the exit. Tears falling hard on the cold floor, my world felt like it was crashing around my feet.

Tristan, you can’t go back now. Way to lose everything, this will screw up everything, your chance of fulfilling your dream playing in the NHL. Even love? Oh fuck it.

I ran out the door, down the street. I felt ready to vomit. I turned around, the busy streets filled with people. I didn’t know which way to go. I slumped against the wall, falling to the ground.

“I found her!” I heard Marc’s voice, and then I felt his arms wrapped around me.

“He hates me. H-he h-hates m-me.” tears rolled down my face, my face buried in Marc’s chest. I felt his grip on me tighten.

“Tristan, I have to tell you.” I looked up, Marc was looking to the street, we were both on our knees now, “Tristan I’m seriously falling for you!”

“There’s no way I can compete with that!” Evgeni screamed in Sidney’s face.
 “Calm down Evgeni!” Bugsy yelled.

“That was the only reason I did that prank with you. Don’t you understand?” Marc asked, holding my face, pushing the tears from my face.

“Marc I-”

“It’s done!” Evgeni turned away, running down the sidewalk. Sidney and Jordan stood there stunned, looking at me and Marc. Ryan, Tyler, Bugsy and Max started walking towards us.

“Don’t you understand?” Marc whispered, closing his eyes.

“Marc... I... I like you too, but I need to find him.”

I broke from his grip, running past him, down the path Evgeni was running down.

I had to find him.

Just had to.