Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part nine The Gift In The Closet

“Oh my god,” I whispered.

I looked in front of me, and he looked back at me, laughing.

“What’s so funny Danny?” I hissed.

He looked at me again, and laughed even harder. He then pulled me in a hug.

“Who, told you I was cute when I’m mad!” I seethed, trying to push him away. But being very very unsuccessful.

Greeeaattt, stuck in a closet with Dany Sabourin, and I kissed him! That’s sick! Eww his tongue was in my mouth! I seriously wanted to hurl.

“Everyone thinks you're cute when you're mad.”

“Jeeze, you're so stupid!”

“But you kissed me back.”

“Yeah, and now I wanna puke.”

“Ooh, that’s harsh, Tristan.”

I felt his hand on my back, and then he rolled over so he was now on top of me.

“What are you doing, Sabourin!” I hissed.

Danny went back to kissing my neck.

“Get off! I’ll scream!” he pushed his lips onto my mouth, and I couldn’t do anything. I felt his hand unclasp my bra, he rolled of off me, laughing. I was about to kill him.

“Times up!” I jumped up, the door swung open, I ran out of there.

“Had a fun time?” Jordy asked, laughing hysterically.

“YOU ARE SICK!” I cried pointing at him. I ran over to Kallie, whispering in her ear, “Kallie, he undid my bra, help, clasp it, with out making it noticeable!”

“Oh, thats great,” she giggled quietly, clasping my bra real fast.

I thanked her and sat down next to Kris and Ryan once more.

“Have fun?” Ryan asked, smiling.

“NO.” I replied, pouting.

I turned to Kris, who was rolling on the floor. “Enough you idiot!” I cried, hitting his stomach.

“Okay, now all the girls, put something in this hat. Turn around so we don’t see!” Sidney directed, I rolled my eyes and grabbed Kris’ top hat that we bought at the store for him. I put it on a table, all the girls huddling around, so the boys couldn’t see.

I took off my bracelet I had gotten in greece, two years ago. It was silver, and was made by hand. I barley ever took it off. I unclasped it and dropped in in the hat. Kallie put a black hair clip she had in her hair. Jordan put some lip gloss. Marasha, a ring, Autumn a necklace, and Hope a penny. We all giggled, and handed Sidney the hat. He chuckled and we all sat down again.

“Okay, so Tristan, since you got picked to go first, spin the bottle to see who the next victim is,” Sidney handed me and empty root beer bottle. I rolled my eyes once more, it felt like the billionth time I had done so tonight, and spun it. It landed on Marc.

“Marc?” I asked, he looked shocked, like he didn’t want to go. He started at me, almost pleading like?

“Marcy, your turn. Close your eyes and reach in the hat,” Sidney held the hat out and Marc, mouthed, ‘I didn’t want to play.’ It took me a minute to figure out what he said. But when I did, I shot him a reassuring smile, although it about killed me. I didn't want another girl kissing him.

He closed his eyes and reached in, puling out a black hair clip, he looked at it, and I felt my stomach drop. I couldn't breath. No, no, NO.

“Here, Tristan, put the bandanna on him," Max threw it to me.

“Sorry.” I whispered, tying it around his eyes.

"Don't worry about it, it's only kissing," he pointed out as I helped him up.

"Well that's just it. I don't want anyone else kissing you," I said, barley audible.

"Wha-" but he couldn't finish because Sidney pretty much threw the poor boy into the closet. I sighed, pointing to Kallie, and she got up. She giggled and I opened the door for her.

“Seven minutes.” Sidney shouted. I sat down. My stomach felt sick, maybe it was from kissing Danny. Or maybe because of Marc and Kallie? I'm pretty sure it was the later. Although, both were equally sickening.

“So what, we just sit here for seven minutes?” I asked, bored already, and a minute hadn’t even passed. I really didn't want to hear what was going on in there.

“Good idea, let’s play truth or dare! I’ll go first.” Sidney said, rejoining the circle. “Tristan, truth or dare?”

“Dare, all the way!” I cried, pumping my fist in the air, soon my thoughts of Marc and Kallie were gone. Thank god.

“Okay, I dare you to kiss every guy in this room- for ten seconds!” he said like a little kid.

"Child's play Sid, child's play," I said, smirking and getting up.

I turned to my right and decided to start with Ryan.

“Woah, I feel skanky-ish.”

“Don’t it’s just a dare!” Jordy said, reassuring me.

“Whatever.”

I got down on my knees, face to face with Ryan’s bright red one. I leaned in and they started counting.

“10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Done!” they cried, I pulled away. Ryan smiled at me and I smiled back.

Next I kissed, Robert [ awkward], then Tyler Kennedy [eh, ewe], Ryan Whitney, Danny Sabourin, (everyone counted really fast, guess they felt bad for me), then Pascal, which was not bad but not great. He also is 29!

I finally made it to Sidney.

“Ready?” he asked, smirking his Crosby smirk. I rolled my eyes.

“Sadly.”

I kissed him, and then Jordy, (we were ready to laugh the whole time.) Then Bugsy. He was actually a really good kisser, not like I would ever tell him that.

Next was Evgeni.

I sighed, very annoyed at this point. “Sorry I mumbled.

“Don’t be.”

This is not how I pictured our first kiss. But then again, I don't even know if I wanted a first kiss with him anymore.

“I don’t want to kiss her,” Evgeni said simply, backing up and resting on his hands.

“But-”

“Sidney I said I don’t want to.”

I backed away, kind of hurt.

“Oh.”

I walked over to Kris.

“You okay?” he asked, seeing the hurt in my eyes.

“Yeah, whatever, I don't care,.” I reassured him.

Kris leaned in and so did I, our lips touched for ten seconds, soon the ten seconds was up and the buzzer rang on Sidney's watch. I sat next to Kris and Ryan again.

“Times up!” Jordy called, opening the door.

I glanced at Evgeni, who was fiddling with his shirt, and a chained necklace, looking sad as well. I looked away, seeing Marc.

He looked, a little happier, until he saw me. He smiled weakly and sat down. Kallie came out of the closet, smiling to me. She also sat down.

“Let’s play spin the bottle!” Max suggested. “Marc you go.”

“Really?”

“Yeah!”

He didn’t looked to happy. He was handed the bottle and then spun it. I spun it several times, before landing on- me.

“Go kiss her!” the boys chanted, pushing him towards me. I looked quickly at Evgeni, who didn’t look to happy. Marc sat on his knees in front of me.

“How was the closet?” I asked.

“Fine. But I honestly want to know, what you were talking about eairler,” he whispered.

I raised an eyebrow, "I will talk to you about that later."

“All right, sorry I have to kiss you now.”

“I don’t mind, I had to kiss every body else, on a dare, make me gag.”

He laughed quietly.

“And besides, your cute,” I told him confidently, Marc's face went about ten shades darker.

“Kiss her!” they yelled again.

I nodded, and Marc leaned in. I kissed back, and once again I felt my head start to spin. I felt like I was drooping into Marc's arms, I was going weak. Another mind blowing kiss. Marc hugged me, before walking back to his spot.

“Okay, c'mon, let’s spice it up a bit,” Sidney suggested.

“Oh jeeze.” I whispered.

“Like... Tristan quick tell me who you like!” Sidney yelled.

“Shut it!” I through a pillow at his head.

“Okay, maybe not.”

“I’ve got a head ache. Thanks to Crosby!” I said getting up.

“No TRISTAN! DON’T GO!” Sid said, jumping at my feet.

“Maybe we should cater to our guests. I’ll be back, geez, don’t worry. Let’s go Talbot!” I cried, kicking out of Crosby’s grip and standing up, walking out the door with Max behind me.

“Need to talk?” he asked, of course he had guessed it. I pretty much told Max everything, along with Kris and Bugsy.

“Just need to breath and get out of that room.”

“I know what you mean. So what happened in the closet?”

“Ugh, Danny. Do I need to say anymore?”

“Hah, I guess not.”

“Let’s go upstairs, we actually do need to see that everyone’s doing fine.”

“You're right, we do.” we walked upstairs, opened the door and heard people partying.

“How’s everyone doing?” I asked, randomly to a group of people.

“Good!” they yelled back.

Max and I laughed at each other, and then continued on into every room. We grabbed a coke and sat down next to Michel and Ray.

“Hello!” I said happily, grateful to be able to be out of that room.

I took a sip of my soda, Max was trying to do the same, but I think some carbonation went up his nose. He was started rolling on the ground, sneezing.

“Shut it Talbot!” I kicked him lightly in the stomach.

“Tristan, I like how you act with the boys. Makes me laugh!” Michel said, causing me to giggle, I honestly never thought that something like that would come out of my coaches mouth.

“Thanks,” I replied.

Max sat up next to me, suddenly fine. He grinned at me.

“So, your birthday July 23, am I right?” Michel asked.

“Correct, I’ll be 18, I can vote!”

“And you can order those things you see on T.V.!” Max said excitedly.

“Right...”

For a second all four of us were quite, until we burst out laughing.

“So what are you doing for your birthday? Visiting your parents?” Ray asked, and I wondered why there were suddenly so interested in my plans for my birthday.

“Well, er, my mom left when I was ten, and took my older sister. My older brother by three years moved out when I was 13. So the only family that I could see would be by dad, and he's on a business trip for that week,” I said quietly, really not wanting to have said that.

“Baby, I’m sorry!” Max gave me a hug.

“Haha, thanks? That’s fine, I don’t really mind that much.”

“Then you're staying here and we are going to make this the best birthday ever!” Max said happily.

“And there’s no practice on the 23rd!” Ray told me.

“Err, sweet?”

“C'mon Tristan this is your 18th birthday!” Max screamed.

“Yeah not for 19 days, I guess I'm just not feeling excited yet."

“Tristan!” I turned around to see Kris.

“Hello Kris!” Michel waved, Kris looked at me and Max, giving us a weird expression before laughing and waving back to his tipsy coach.

"What?” Max and I asked at the same time.

“Hurry!” Kris pulled my hand, and I grabbed Max.

“Bye Michel, Ray, see you later!” I called.

“Bye Tristan, Kristopher and Maxime,” they waved, turning to talk to other people.

Kris pulled me down the stairs, Max shut the door behind us.

“What?” I hissed, he didn’t look back, but pulled me through the hall to the game room.

“Pick!” Sid called at the arrival of me.

“Oh jeeze. I already went!”

“Yeah, well you're the last one! And it will only be three minutes!”

“Whatever!” I walked over and closed my eyes, feeling another necklace I pulled it out. Once again I was attacked with a bandana.

“Jordy! This better be three minutes!”

“Calm it, it will be,” Jordy set me down in the room. And then the door shut. I heard light breathing across from me.

“Okay, who are you?” I asked, not really wanting to know. Whoever it was reached out and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm not going to kiss you unless you tell me who you are first. And if you won't that's fine with me. I’ll just sit here.”

“You don’t have to kiss me. I’ll kiss you,” he whispered, fast. His lips brushed against mine, and he left a soft kiss on my lips.

It was a good kiss. A really good kiss, but it could be like, someone nasty again. I didn’t let my guard down.

“You can keep the necklace,” he whispered, his voice was shaky, I couldn’t tell who it was.

“Okay. Thanks, I guess.”

“And I’m sorry," he let go.

“Times up!"

Whoever it was opened the door. Leaving me clueless. I put the necklace in my pocket, trying to undue the bandanna.

“Help me!” I felt someone pick me up and throw me on the couch. “I’ll save you!” “Dang it! It better not be a kid!” I cried, and I felt the bandana drop.

“Crosby!”

“I love you!” he cried, jumping on me.

“Oh my god!” I screamed.

“Okay, everyone upstairs!” Jordy called, the people started flooding out, and Sidney helped me off the couch.

“Hey guys, who was in the closet with me?” I asked.

“You mean you don’t know?” Sidney asked, eyeing Jordy.

“Know, I don’t. His voice was really shaky, and he told me to keep his necklace. Oh the necklace!” I pulled it out.

It was a faded silver chain, really pretty, with a little hockey player on it.

“Well, its close to twelve, guess we should shut down the party,” I told Sidney and Jordy, they agreed, and we went up stairs.

- - - -

“Thanks for coming.” I waved goodbye to Ty Conklin.

“See you at practice on Monday Tristan.”

“Okay!” I shut the door. Ty was the last one to leave. I fiddled with the necklace, none of the guys would tell who was in the closet with me.

I walked into the kitchen, Kallie was sitting on the counter talking to Robert and Kris.

“Hey. You look tired!” Kallie called to me.

“Just a little. And I’m still wondering who was in the closet with me, but you people won’t tell me. And besides those boys wear me out.”

“We’re not allowed to, you’ll find out. I’m sure," Kris smirked.

“Yeah whatever. Let’s go down stairs,” I suggested, followed be the three. I opened the door to the media room, where Bugsy, Max, Marc, Sidney, Evgeni, and Ryan (Lee) were playing a video game, taking turns playing.

“Honey bunch, come sit next to me!” Bugsy called, and I sat in-between him and Marc, Kallie, was sitting against the wall with Robert. She kept on glancing at Marc, but then, she would go back to Kristopher. So I was a little unsure what was going through her head at my point.

“How are you, still haven’t figured it out, huh?” Bugsy asked, putting his arm around me.

“Shut it. And no I haven’t!”

“Can we talk?” Marc asked.

“Sure.” I looked over at Kallie, who looked kind of mad. Well then, that’s not abnormal.

Marc, reached for my hand and I took it, opening the door and walking out of the room. Marc led me to the game room, we sat on the couches.

“So you wanna talk?” I asked, looking into his eyes.

“Yeah.”

He placed his hand on my cheek.

“I wanted to tell you, I really really like you, but I see that Evgeni has dibs. And I don’t want to ruin our friendship. So I guess I’m going to have to give you up. Which is really hard for me, and I know you don’t like me so-”

“How do you know that I don’t like you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow, I saw his face lit up.

“You l-like me?” he asked, whispering, as if someone was in the closet listening to our conversation.

“I think you'er great. And Evgeni doesn’t have dibs, he’s not even talking to me And I’m really confused-” Marc’s lips came crashing down on mine, I kissed back with out a second thought. We broke a moment later.

“I-I’m sorry.” Marc looked away.

“Don’t be,” I smiled at him and so did he.

"Tristan-"

"And just for the record, I like you too, Marc-Andre Fleury."

And then his lips were on mine once more.