Status: On hold at the moment. Kourtneyfaye's stories are also on hold. Sorry everyone :(

Chasing The Night

Chapter 19 : Waiting

Aniza’s POV

We’ve been sitting in the waiting room for hours waiting for word on Nick, but so far, nothing. I texted Kevin and told him we were waiting and they said they would be here as soon as they could, they got held up by EA’s manager again, and when I called Dad he said that they were stuck in meetings and wouldn’t be able to get out here unless it’s a real emergency. I don’t understand, your son is in the hospital with God knows what and that’s not considered an emergency? Sometimes I feel that my parents have their priorities mixed up. I know they love us, but when they are working they forget that they have kids who may need them.

The waiting room in the hospital is completely empty except for me, Josh and Luke. Luke is sitting in a chair on the opposite side of the room just watching the door, jumping every time it opens up, but not speaking to anyone. Josh is sitting on the chair and I’m sitting on his lap, he‘s rubbing his hand up and down my back. He is being extremely comforting right now, keeping me calm.

“Urghhhh, what is taking them so long?” I ask no one in general. “Baby, calm down, I’m sure everything is fine, they just want to get Nick better before they come talk to us. You just have to stay calm and let the doctor’s work their magic on your brother and everything will be fine.” Josh told me, kissing my temple and pulling me closer to him. “Thanks Josh.” I said with a smile. “For what babe?” He asked. “Being here, comforting me, loving me, just being you!” I said. He laughed, “Anything for you!” he replied.

I heard Luke laugh from the other side of the room. “What’s so funny Luke?” I asked him. “Just you two. Even in a bad situation, you both can still be sickeningly adorable.” He replied with a sad smile. Josh chuckled, “You and Nick are the exact same way if not worse all the time.” He said. Luke smiled and his eyes got brighter. “It’s because I love him so much.” He replied.

“Same thing for me and Aniza.” Josh said. I smiled, “You love me?” I asked him. He had never said this to me before. “Uh, well, this really isn’t how I wanted to tell you. I wanted it to be all romantic and perfect, but yeah I do. I love you so much Aniza.” he replied quietly. “I love you too Josh and I don’t care if it wasn’t planned or romantic, I’m just happy you said it. I love you Josh.” I said with a smile, before leaning up and kissing him passionately. “I love you too baby.” he said. “So cute.” I heard Luke mutter under his breathe.

We all busted out laughing for the first time all day. Suddenly a throat cleared and we looked up to see a doctor standing there. “Nicholas Jonas family?” He asked. “That’s us, how’s my brother?” I asked quickly standing up with Luke on one side of me and Josh on the other.

“Well.” He started. “He’s asleep right now. He seems to just have a touch of the flu.” He said. “The flu wouldn’t mess up his levels though.” Luke interrupted. “As I was saying, Nicholas has the flu, but his Omni-pod wasn’t working correctly. It was administering the wrong dosage of insulin to him, if any. We gave him a new Omni-pod and put him on an IV to correct the problems the old one created.” The doctor continued. “When will he be able to get out of the hospital?” Josh asked him.

“Well, we will take him off the IV in a few hours, then he should be able to go home. He will need to get lots of rest. I understand that he is currently on tour, but in order for him to get the rest he needs to recover he needs a break. He won’t be able to be back on that stage for another week or so, until he is completely better. I want to him to see me or another doctor in whatever area you are in, in one week then they will determine if he is well enough to perform. Sound okay?” The doctor expressed to us.

“Sounds good.” I told him. “Getting Mr. Rockstar to stay off stage for a week, that may be hard, but at least he’ll be getting better.” Josh joked causing Luke to laugh for the first time since we got there. “Can we go see him?” Luke asked quickly. “Sure.” The doctor said, “He’s in room 304, but go in quietly, he should be asleep.” The doctor warned.

As soon as the doctor left, Luke took off toward the elevator to go to the third floor. Josh chuckled, “That boy has it so bad.” He said and I smiled. “I’m glad my little brother has someone who loves him so much.” I told him as we followed Luke to the elevator. “We should call your family and tell them what the doctor said.” Josh reminded me. “You’re right, will you call Kevin and I’ll call Dad and tell him about postponing tour for a week and I’ll make Dad deal with the manager from hell also known as Adam.” I said with a laugh. “Sounds good.” He agreed.

“Kevin said they will all be here in about in hour.” Josh said hanging up his phone. “Mom and Dad aren’t coming but they said hope he feels better.” I said with a sigh. Josh walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me in a hug, “It’s okay. Don’t worry about them, let’s just get Nick better. They’ll realize that they need to put work after their kids.” He whispered in my eat as we walked into Nick’s room.

Nick was awake and sitting up in his bed cuddling with Luke. “Hey Nick, how are you feeling?” I asked him. “Better.” He told me with a smile. “So Luke told me that Luke finally said the ‘l’ word to you.” He said with a smirk. I looked over at Luke and he had a guilty smile on his face before Josh answered, “Yeah I did.” He said looking at me, “I meant it to.” He smiled. “Just don’t tell Joe or Kev yet, I don’t want them trying to kill my boyfriend now.” I said with a laugh, “Okay, for now I wont. Later, once I’m out of this hospital, I make you promises.” He said sending Josh a glare that could be read as, ‘we’ll talk later.’

We just sat around Nick’s room for awhile. No one was really saying anything because Nick was sleeping. It wasn’t an awkward silence though, just a comfortable one. The quiet didn’t stay quiet for too long though because Kevin, Kourtney, Joe, Amanda, Matt, Melinda, Dave, and Jimmie entered the hospital room to visit Nick. We were all chatting away with each other when Nick’s doctor came in and said we could sign him out and we could leave. Kevin went to fill out the paperwork.

Matt pulled me to the side of the room when no one was paying attention. “Okay what’s up?” Matt asked me curiously. “What do you mean?” I asked him. “You and Josh both have smiles on right now that would make Demi Lovato jealous, and I know you didn’t get laid considering your little brother is in the hospital what’s got you and Josh so happy?” He asked with a smirk.

Before I could answer, Kevin came back in the room. “Alright guys, were out of here, let’s go.” He said to the room. “Oh, sorry Matt tell you later.” I said before running over to where Josh was and leaving the room. When we get to the hotel, I know there’s going to be a lot of questioning, but nothing could ruin my mood today. Josh loves me, and that feeling alone, makes me feel on top of the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait on this chapter, I've been busy packing because I'm leaving to visit my Dad in Colorado in a few days. Next update will be Aniza's!

Shoutouts for comments! Thanks for the feedback!

alias093001

mackenzy-kate

jonasluva2244

Comment and subscribe?

- Kourtney