Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act II, Scene X

Juliet’s Point of View

His lips are so soft…

Then I kind of gasped and jumped. He was looking at me sheepishly, a flush on his handsome cheeks. I was still mentally freaking over the part where he’d kissed me!

“Um…well…um…I thought that would be a good time to do that,” he said slowly, then said, “Not that it makes any sense, what I just said…um…”

What was that?” I asked, still slightly dazed, but luckily not breathless.

“I thought you were intelligent,” he said in a stab at humor, “It’s what most of us call a kiss…although it was rather sudden and…maybe I shouldn’t have? I’m sorry, it’s just, well, that is to say…I’m just going to stop talking.”

He looked away, even more red in the face than he was before.

“Um…okay?” I said, then I shifted awkwardly and said, “I’m going to um, get out of my costume. See you in a few, maybe…” and rushed off.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I told myself. He kisses me and I run off like a fourteen year old who just got her first kiss from someone she didn’t really like! And the problem was that I like him! So, really, why am I running?

Because it’s who I am, maybe.

Maybe it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing, like, ‘good job!’ and didn’t mean anything. That’s probably it.

But what if it’s not?! What if it was a, ‘she did great and I’ve got to show her how much I care!’ sort of thing? Or something a little less cheesy, but still the same basic idea? Stop it, Juliet! I scold myself. Just change into your t-shirt and jeans, go out there, and talk to him about it! Simple as that…okay, so it’s not so simple.

But it really is simple! I’m just too scared to find out!

Romeo’s Point of View

It was too sudden…but she was just standing there, and she looked so relieved, and so beautiful and I couldn’t resist. I am of the male gender, and I tend to do things without thinking, I’m not afraid to admit it. But why oh why did I have to kiss her so suddenly?!

Take a deep breath, change, and go back out there. She said that she might see me in a few, and the way she said it made me think she might want to talk about it.

Breathe in, breathe out. The same exercise I had her do…calm…

I open the door and step out just as she steps out of the girl’s dressing room. I breathe a small sigh of relief as she makes her way (however slowly) towards me.

“Hey, um, about that---” I begin, but she cuts me off.

“What did you mean by it?”

“Uh, what?”

What did you mean by kissing me?” she repeated. “Was it just, like, spur-of-the-moment, you did awesome, congrats! Or what?”

“N-not like that!” I said, stuttering slightly. “Not at all like that!”

“Then what was it?”

She was getting straight to the point, wasn’t she?

“Um, well…I…er…” I stopped and sighed.

Well?” she asked, not impatiently, but as if she needed the answer.

“Irellyliu,” was what my first attempt came out like, and I mentally smacked myself for being a dork. She looked at me in confusion with her blue eyes, and I cleared my throat. “Um, let me try that again.”

I took a deep breath, then I took the plunge.

“I really like you.”

Way to sound like a grade schooler, Romeo. Way to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, shorter than most, but I wanted to end it on that note (I'm starting to sound like you, megz!!! haha)

I wanted to get at least one more update out before I started the new school year...tomorrow. I hope it doesn't seem rushed or anything, and thanks a lot for all of your comments and for you 44 subscribers!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

<333 Amanda

No story recognition this time xP Just occasionally will I recommend xP