Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act II, Scene XI

Juliet’s Point of View

I stared at him blankly. His words just weren’t quite registering yet.

I really like you.

He’d said that. Had he really said that?!

“Um…one more time?” I said stupidly, but I needed this. I needed to know that it was what he’d really said and not just my imagination playing tricks on me.

“I really, really, like you,” he said slowly, “I really, really do.”

“Oh,” I said softly, for lack of anything else to say. “I…er…really, really like you too, then…” I looked at him curiously.

“W-what I mean to say is,” he shook his head, as if to clear it and took a breath.

I looked at him curiously again, and asked, “What?”

“Will you go out with me?” he asked suddenly, very quickly so I could just understand it.

“Oh,” I said, the stupid me making a second appearance in a very short space of time, then I kind of grinned nervously and replied, “Okay. Sure.”

“I underst - wait, you just said yes, didn’t you?!”

I couldn’t help but laugh softly at his shock and surprise. As an answer, I just nodded, and he let out a whoop and I found myself in a bear hug and going in circles.

“Hey!” I cried. “What are you doing?!”

“Celebrating!” He replied, with a grin. A very cute grin…

Romeo’s Point of View

Okay. Sure.

Those were the two words that made me so giddy.

She just laughed as I spun her around in a circle until I got slightly dizzy and was afraid I’d drop her. I was just so exhilarated. I hadn’t been so giddy or immature in at least the few months since I’d seen all my guy friends.

“You can let me go now,” she said with her soft, breathless laugh.

“Don’t wanna,” I said stubbornly, hugging her closer.

“Hey!” she squealed indignantly, but fairly softly. “Why not?”

“I just finally got you!” I replied softly, and she just blushed. I laughed and swung her around one more time before letting go.

This moment was going to be burned in my brain forever - I asked her out. I asked Juliet Capula out. I’m so flippin’ excited right now that now amount of Shakespearean language would do it justice…because she said yes. Well, it was an Okay. Sure., but same difference!

For the most part…

Juliet’s Point of View

Our conversation went back to what I’d begun to think of as normal after that, but this time Romeo kept his arm around me, whether it be my waist or my shoulders. And I was totally comfortable with it. It was…soothing. It made the whole play seem worthwhile - even more so than all the cheers we’d gotten after successful completion on opening night…

But then the play directors, a.k.a. our parents, started ushering us all off to bed, saying we needed our rest for the school day tomorrow and our next performance Wednesday, so we headed off.

Romeo was the perfect gentleman and walked me to my dorm…maybe that was because it was right across the hall? But at least he was thoughtful enough for a thing like that. It was touching, and then…it was tentatively, that’s for sure, but…

A short, sweet little kiss that you’d hardly think possible between two college students, and then he kissed my cheek and said, “Good night, Juliet,” and smiled at me.

“Good night,” I replied, a flush on my cheeks.

It was probably odd for this of two people in college, but it was so tentatively sweet, like when you’re young and new at love.

I sighed, then changed into my pajamas with nearly sluggish movements, then I lay down.

It took me a while to get tired, but I spent that time staring at the ceiling and hoping to have dreams of Romeo.

My boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this one so quick is because you guys...

GOT ME TO SIX STARS!!!!

Thanks so much!!!

I hope it's not too horrible, for as quick as i came up with it...THANK YOU GUYS!!!

AND that newest chapter gained me three subscribers!
I now have 140 readers, 47 subscribers, and 53 comments! THANKS!!!
Comments appreciated, hope you enjoy!!

<333 Amanda