Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 10.

The rest of the week went by slowly. Brian hadn’t came back and Allyana wasn’t expecting him too. She was too confused.

She couldn’t understand why Brian would have wanted to touch her, let alone kiss her.

She was a ghost, she wasn’t a person, she was nothing! And yet, he kept coming everyday, buying her a TV, trying to help her doing researches, asking her questions… It was just really confusing for Allyana. The last contact she had had with people was when she had hugged her mother before leaving the house to go for a walk.

She had been alone in this house for so long that she would have lost the count of the days if it wasn’t for the calendar hanging on the wall above her bed.

She hadn’t known Brian for long but yet he was acting like they were best friends…

She hugged her knees against her chest and looked out of the window and to the backyard where the swimming pool used to be. She was rocking back and forth, trying to put her thoughts in order, trying to understand.

Brian was really confusing, unpredictable even. He could just show up and decided to go surfing in the middle of the night. She had told him that he was crazy once, but he retorted that his best friend, Jimmy, was worse but that he had been hanging with him far too much for his own sanity sake…

He was often speaking about his friends, about high school and Allyana was always eager to hear about them, they seem like nice guys and she was happy to hear about something different than the books she had read a hundred times already. With Brian’s TV, she hadn’t opened a book in three days, a record for her.

“Allyana?”

The sudden noise startled her. She got up and walked out of her little brother’s room, looking over the rail only to see Brian waving at her, a big smile on his face, hiding something behind his back.

She wanted to yell at him for not showing up earlier, she wanted to scream at him for coming back, she wanted to ran downstairs and hug him…
That last thought scared her, was she growing attached to Brian’s presence, enough to miss him?

“I brought you something!” he said, smiling.

She rolled her eyes,
“I can see that.” She said, crossing her arms under her bust.

“Come downstairs so I can show you.” He said. She looked at the floor, and put one hand on the rail. She wanted to scare him, see if he really cared or whatever, and mostly, she wanted to make him pay for not coming earlier… She took a deep breath and jumped over the rail.

“ALLYANA!”

She landed on her feet, without a sound, only moving a little amount of dust with the movement.

“Don’t.do.that.ever.again.” muttered Brian glaring at her. She smiled brightly, satisfied with his reaction.

“Payback is a bitch.” She stated. Brian raised an eyebrow.

“For what?”

“For kissing me, and nearly dying in the process!” she said coldly, glaring at him. He took a step back.

“I’m sorry!” he apologized. She smiled satisfied.

“Alright, what was it you wanted to show me?” she asked, brushing the hair out of her eyes.

It took him a second to get his thoughts back together and he took the envelop and handed it to her.

“Thanks Brian, I was running out of paper.” She said with a smile. He rolled his eyes, not amused by her joke.

“Open it!” he said, encouraging her.

She opened it and saw a ticket. She took it and held it in the air.

“Thank you?” she said, confused.

“That’s a ticket to come and see me and friends practise. I wanted to make it look all formal and stuff so it would look more important and you would just have to come.” He explained, smiling.

“Brian…”

“Come on Allyana, you will like it I swear! They are nice, they can be crazy some times but that’s mostly Jimmy.” He explained.

“Brian, I can’t! What are you going to tell them? Don’t sit on the couch, my invisible friend is sitting here, don’t squash her? They will think you lost your mind, if they don’t already think that…” she mumbled the last part.

Brian looked at her, about to protest.

“Brian, I am dead! I don’t breath! I am a ghost! I’m not alive, I’m fucking dead! Please, try to remember that!” Allyana said, slipping the home-made ticket back into the envelop and handing it back to Brian but he just shook his head and took a step back.

“Keep it.” He whispered, not making eye contact as he turned around and left the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the comments on the last chapter =)