Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 9.

“Okay, maybe buying this television wasn’t the best idea…” Brian said with a chuckle as he saw Allyana sitting on her bed, her back resting against the wall, she was hugging a pillow and had her eyes glued on the screen. She hadn’t noticed him, too engrossed by the movie she was watching.

Brian crept into the room, careful not to bring her attention on him. He stopped next to her and then jumped in front of her.

“Bouh!”

She let out a high pitch scream and smacked him several times with a pillow.
“Hey, hey, hey!” screamed Brian as he was trying to protect himself from the hits.

“You scared me to death!” she muttered, holding a transparent hand over her chest. Brian rubbed his neck, biting back his usual smartass come back.

She rolled her eyes, “Yeah, I know I’m already dead! And I highly doubt it was because of fright.” She said, sitting back on the bed and hugging the pillow. She took the remote that was on her right and flickered through the channels as Brian took his usual sit on the desk chair.

“Allyana?” he started, not sure of the way to ask the question he was dying to ask.

“Brian, go ahead, ask whatever question you have.” She said, her eyes not leaving the small screen.

“How come you can touch the remote, the pillow, the book but yet, you can’t touch people? And the second question is: why can’t you touch them, have you ever tried to?” he asked softly, afraid he had hurt her feelings.

She looked away from the screen and focussed her attention on the young man sitting in her room.

“They are inanimate objects.” She replied simply, like it was the most obvious on earth. “They don’t breath, they don’t live, and most importantly, blood doesn’t pulse in their veins.” She added. “And yes, I touched someone once. It was a boy who was visiting my house with his friends, and he tried to get into my room. I didn’t wanted him to and he wasn’t scared by the chair moving in the air or whatever, so I walked over to him and tried to push him. His face went pale and his lips turned purple like he had just been put in a pool full of icy cold water. He started shaking and then left the room in a hurry.”

Brian stayed silent, his gaze glued on the young girl. He still couldn’t grasp the fact that she was dead when she still looked so alive. Of course, he could see the wall through her, but she wasn’t acting like a ghost, he had never seen her pass through walls or doors, she always opened them. She flipped her hair when it fell in front of her eyes, she cracked her knuckles, she frowned… Things he wouldn’t imagine a ghost would be doing. At least they never did in the movies.

But that’s fiction and this is real life, and maybe the small movements she made are what made her look so real, almost alive.

“Can I try?” he asked in a whisper.

“Huh?”

He got up from his sit and walked over to her bed, sitting next to her.

“Can I try to touch you?” he asked, looking at her arm. She blinked and moved away from him, her back resting against the head board.

“Are you serious?” she whispered, her eyes wider than usual.

“Yeah, I am serious.” He said softly.

She eyed him suspiciously for a few seconds, debating on the situation and her options before she extended her arm and looked at Brian before looking at her arm.

He moved closer and looked at Allyana’s translucent arm. He held his breath as he extended his hand and held out a finger. He touched her arm and was surprised by the coldness of her skin. He should have retracted his hand but he didn’t. He was fascinated. As he retracted his finger, he touched her hand and slipped his hand in hers.

“What are you doing?” she asked in a whisper as he moved closer to her, still holding her hand in his.

“Don’t move, stand still.” He instructed in a whisper. “I wanna try something.” He said, as he brought his other hand up to her face.

Her eyes widen, “Brian!”

He didn’t move, he was like in a trance. His mind wasn’t working correctly.

“Close your eyes.”

“But Brian!”

The look on his face told her to do as she was told.
She closed her eyes and he cupped her cheek, before pressing his lips against hers.
The contrast between his warm skin and her deadly cold one made a clash. Surprised by the unusual contact, Allyana opened her eyes and slipped her hand away from Brian’s and pushed his chest.

Brian blinked, and sat back on the bed.

“What the hell as gone through your mind?” she half-screamed as she glared at him. Brian blinked again before he realised what he had done.

“I… I am so… sorry?” the end of his stuttering was like a question.

“You don’t even mean it!” she muttered, glaring at him.

“Nothing happened, I’m not dead!” he said proudly. She shook her head as she walked to her wardrobe and pulled out a blanket. She threw it at him before walking towards the door.

“I don’t know what had gone through your mind, but it was stupid. Put that around you and I suggest you not to look at yourself in a mirror, you look pale deadly pale.” She muttered before she opened the door and slammed it shut behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, read this =]
And thank you all for your comments, hope you like this chapter... =S

A <3