Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 12.

“What the hell is that?”

“A drum kit, Jimmy’s drum kit.” Explained Brian with a small smile as he wiped his hands on his jeans and smiled proudly at his installation.

“And care to explain why there is a drum kit in my living room?”

“The guys are coming over in an hour, band practise remember?”

“What?” she yelled, her mouth agape, her eyes wide. “You have to be joking Brian!” she muttered, looking at the amps and the mike that had taken residence in her living room. When she turned back, Brian was smiling at her. She shook her head in disbelief.

“Seriously Brian, why? You are just making everything harder than it already is!” she muttered, running a hand through her hair.

“They wanted to meet you.”

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah, they wanted to meet you. And I told them it was complicated but they wouldn’t hear it, they wants to meet you and since you wouldn’t go to band practise, band practise is coming at you!”

Allyana dropped her arms at her side and looked up to the cracked ceiling, closed her eyes and whispered a quiet ‘why me’.

“I can’t stop them now, it’s too late! They are too eager to meet Syn Gates’ girlfriend…” he explained, moving the mike a little.

“Wh-what?”

“I say that it was too late now.”

“Yeah yeah, I heard that… but what did you say next? The girlfriend part…”

“Oh yeah, they assume that you are my girlfriend.” He replied, with a shrug. She shook her head and slapped her forehead.

“You are retarded! I’m seriously questioning your sanity!” she said, shaking her head. “You told them I was your girlfriend?”

“No, they just assume that you were because I was spending a lot of time with you!”

She put her hands on her hips and glared at him. The expression of her face, if it wasn’t for the fact that he could see the doorway behind her, looked real, like it wasn’t just air, like it was flesh and skin.
“And you didn’t bother to rectify them?” Brian shook his head, “I don’t even want to know why, but are you aware that when they’ll come here they won’t see anyone?”

Brian smiled and walked over to the couch, taking a book from his backpack. He handed it to her. She raised an eyebrow and then looked at the book.

“This has to be a joke…” she whispered.

“No, I wanted to try it, maybe it will work!” said Brian, walking to stand in front of her.

“Brian, sorry if I offend you, but it won’t work. Spiritualism doesn’t work. Sitting around a table, hands joined with glass in the middle will not work, except if you want to scare them, then I might slam a few doors shut and throw a couple of books…” Brian cut her off.

“No, I want them to see you just like I can see you.”

“It won’t work Brian, you can always try to throw flour at me and even that won’t work.” She said, shaking her head. She couldn’t help but to feel guilty when she saw Brian’s face fell.

She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the front door opening.

“Brian, are you in there?”

Brian smiled and walked into the hall.

“Hey guys, you are early!” he said as he gave a man-hug to Jimmy who had entered the house first.

Allyana went to sit on the stairs, looking at the 5 boys that were now standing in the hall. Jimmy was the tallest, and the craziest based on what Brian had told her. Zacky was the next one to enter the house, she recognized him from his green eyes, next was Johnny, he was the shortest and last was Matt, she could only assume.

Brian closed the door behind them and led everyone in the living room.

“Does she live here?” asked Matt, looking at the half burnt living room where Brian had installed everything.

“Yes she does.”

“Where is she then?”

“She’s right there” he said as he turned around and pointed to the couch, but his hand dropped when he noticed that she wasn’t there. The guys looked at each other uneasily.

“Okay, hum just wait here.” He said and then made a run to Allyana’s room. With no surprises, she was there, sitting on her bed.

“Come on Allyana!” said Brian, holding out his hand. She sighed.

“I’ll be here in a few seconds.” She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks you all for the comments on the last chapter =D