Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 19.

“I can’t find anything!” muttered Brian, dropping his head on the pile of books he was looking through and griping his hair with both hands.

Jimmy patted his back.

“Dude, relax okay. We’ll find something.” He whispered, looking at his own pile of books. Jimmy and Brian were both looking through books that they really shouldn’t be looking at. The kind of books that nobody ever read, except when kids want to have a good fright.

“There must be something that can bring her back to life!” he muttered, flipping angrily through the pages. “Ghosts are real, Allyana is a proof! Then those freaking incantations or whatever should work!”

Matt, Zacky and Johnny were sitting at an other table, trying to find articles in old news papers about anything that could be related to Allyana’s death.

“Brian, what if we can’t do it.” whispered Jimmy, closing his own book and looking at his best friend.

“What if we can’t do what?” asked Brian, sounding exasperated.

“Bring her back to life.” Whispered Jimmy.

Brian slammed both hands on the table.

“We have to Jimmy. We need to.”

“I know Brian, I’m just saying that maybe we just can’t bring her back to life..” he was cut off by Zacky getting up abruptly and nearly knocking down his chair.

“Guys, check this out.” He whispered, shoving a piece of papers in their faces. Brian took it with shaky hands and placed it in the centre of the table so he could read it.

“Do you think it could be Allyana?” asked Jimmy, his voice just above a whisper. Zacky nodded wordlessly.

“It’s just horrible. Poor girl. But how did they know since they couldn’t find the body?” asked Jimmy, looking at Matt and Johnny who had just joined them.

“That guy confessed everything, except where the body was. He knew her, he gave her name to the policemen.” Explained Matt, trying to tear his gaze off Brian who was clutching the piece of paper in his hands.

“If we could only find the body…” whispered Jimmy.

“Dude, that murder happened 3 months ago, I don’t even want to see it!” murmured Zacky, a horrified expression on his face.

“We need to!” replied Jimmy.

Brian’s eyes widened as an idea flashed in his mind and he grabbed the last book of the pile in the centre of the table and opened it.

“I think I know…” he whispered.

**

“That’s just scary!” whispered Johnny as he starred at Brian with wide eyes.

“Johnny, we are communicating with Allyana via a slate, we can ask the guy who killed her using spiritualism.” Replied Jimmy.

They were all gathered in the cemetery where the man who killed Allyana had been buried after he killed himself. Brian took a deep breath and whispered the incantation he had learnt by heart from the book while resting a hand on the man’s grave and holding Allyana’s picture.

“It’s going to be weird…” whispered Zacky.

There was a long silence before the gravestone trembled a little underneath Brian’s hand and it cracked open. They all held their breaths and they caught a glimpse of something floating on the air.

“James Thrik?” asked Brian, trying to keep his voice steady. The thing nodded. Its form wasn’t as clear as Allyana’s was to Brian. James’ ghost was blurry.

“Where did you bury the body of the girl you killed three months ago?” asked Jimmy, completely unphased by the events whereas Matt, Zack and Johnny were tight lipped.

The ghost made a move to go back in its grave but Brian mumbled something in Latin and the ghost stopped.

I threw it in the lake. he said, his voice deep and scary before he disappeared back in the grave and the stone moved back on its previous place.

The 5 friends stayed silent, each of them taking in the information that they had just received.

The lake.

**

“What are we going to do now?” asked Jimmy as he got in Brian’s car along with Zack, Matt and Johnny.

“I read something in one of those books.” Mumbled Brian as he started the engine.

“Are we going to the park right now?” asked Johnny, shivering in the backseat.

“No, we are going to see Allyana first.” Mumbled Brian, hitting the gas pedal.
♠ ♠ ♠
I, personally, don't like this chapter ><"
it's shit, it didn't turn out the way I wanted.

Anyway, thank you all of you who read and comment this story, it got ten stars =D
and thank you for your comments!