Sequel: Beautiful Deception
Status: November 29th, 2009: First chapter of the Sequel will be posted on December 2nd so stay tuned :]

Deadly Perception

This Doesn't Feel Right

Dinner was the best food I had ever tasted in all my years of living. I finished the last bites of my lobster macaroni and wiped my mouth with my napkin.

"Good?" Mrs. O'Keiff asked from the stove where she was making another plate. For who? I'm not entirely sure.

"I think I'm in love," I gushed as I took a sip of the bubbly black drink of the table. My eyes widened. It was delicious, cool, and fizzy with a taste I couldn't describe. Mrs. O'Keiff noticed my expression and laughed.

"It's called Pepsi," she informed me. "And, I'll give you some more macaroni." Oh my God! Where has she and her food been all my life? And how have I managed to live without them?

"Sup, mom, I'm hungry." I froze when I heard his voice. Jack plopped down in the seat next to me and gave me a sexy lopsided grin. Ew! I can't think he's hot, I scolded myself. He's my brother-not biologically, but still.

"Give me a second," she told him handing me my newly filled bowl. I smiled graciously and dug in self-consciously. I could feel Jack's eyes on me watching my every move. She gave him his food next and he finally turned away from me.

"So I see you guys have met," Mrs. O'Keiff said casually as she poured Jack a glass of Pepsi.

"Oh yeah," Jack said. "We had a nice little chat. Didn't we, Riley?" He turned and raised an eyebrow at me silently mouthing for me to say something.

"Oh yes, we really hit it off," I lied.

"Good, good. Well, that's wonderful because Mr. O"Keiff and I have to go out for the night so you guys can keep each other company." My face fell and beside me I could hear Jack chuckle. No. No! i didn't want to be alone in the house with him.

"Of course, mom," Jack answered for the both of us. She gave him a kiss on the forehead and gave me a warm hug.

"You guys have fun," she said walking out of the kitchen. Jack didn't bother to acknowledge me as he went over and put his bowl in the sink. When the front door opened and closed that's when he turned to me. I sunk down lower in my seat.

"How old are you?" He asked suddenly.

"Fourteen," I answered hesitantly.

"Mm, so you're a Freshy. Even better," he said licking his lips.

"What's that?" I asked not really up to par with how the real world speaks.

"Freshman," he clarified. I nodded and fiddled with the napkin in my lap. Before I knew it, he was right behind me. His hands were on my shoulder and his lips were practically touching my ear. "I like them young," he whispered. I couldn't move; couldn't think. He bit my earlobe and I squeaked in surprise trying to move away, but his hands on my shoulders kept me in place.

"Let go of me!" I demanded struggling to get away.

"I don't think I will," he sneered gripping my shoulders tighter as his lips ran over my jaw. I shuddered at his touch. This doesn't feel right.

"Jack," I whined trying to get away.

"You've got to beg for it," he whispered in my ear as his hand slipped down my neck to my chest. Just then his phone rang. He groaned in annoyance and his hands left my body. I scrambled away and ran to the other side of the room by the sink glaring at him. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and flipped it ope putting it to his ear.

"Jack O'Keiff speaking," he said professionally. I watched in confusion as he grunted in affirmation. "The Middleton boy... what did he do?" Jack asked. He listened intently,while I watched him closely. "Ah, okay... bastard deserved what he got," he said and that's when he turned to me as if noticing for the the first time that I was there. "Hold on a sec," he said into the phone.

He put the phone down and came over to me standing a reasonable distance away. "Do you mind? I need some privacy," he said. His voice was low and dangerous.

"S-sure," I said quietly slipping around him and into the living room. When I was finally there, I plopped down on the couch. I was actually able to breathe now that Jack was nowhere near me. I propped a pillow underneath my head and my eyelids fluttered. I was so tired!

I couldn't help but think about what Jack had meant when he said, 'The bastard deserved what he got.' That statement troubled me as I drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to someone shaking my shoulder. I groaned and rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up. I came face to face with Jack and nearly fell off the couch. He gripped my arm just in time before I toppled over flat on my face. I tried to pull away from him when I regained my balance, but he wouldn't let go.

"What do you want, Jack?" I asked angrily.

"You really want to know?" He replied with a question and a mischievious look in his eyes.

"Yes," I answered curtly.

He brought his lips down to my ear. Oh no, not again, I thought.

"I want you," he said huskily which caused me to shiver. He laughed and pulled away from me. "But that'll have to wait till later."

"Why?" I asked stupidly though I really should've just taken what he said and run the hell out of there.

"Cause I'm having friends over in a few," he informed me. "Which reminds me, you need to leave." My mouth dropped open. Huh?

"Why?" I asked.

"Just trust me," he said annoyed.

"And why should I trust you?" I demanded. I swung my legs over the edge of the couch in preparation to get up, but Jack grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back. He brought his face close to mine so that our eyes were level.

"Let's just say that if you think you're afraid of me, you have no idea." His voice was low and dangerous like before in the kitchen. Okay, I had no idea what he meant by that, but now I was terrified. I nodded and he smirked letting go and allowing me to get up. I was about to hightail it the hell out of there when he grabbed me wrist.

"Jack..." I whined starting to squirm away.

"Close your door and don't come out until I tell you to," he commanded me. "Understand?" He growled.

"Jack, let go," I whimpered twisting my wrist in an effort to get away except all that did was give me Indian Burn.

"Understand?" He said more forcefully and angrily than before. He gave my arm a squeeze to make his point.

"Yes. I-I understand. Jack, please..." He let go out my arm and I fell backwards onto the floor. I had been pulling away from him so much that the only thing keeping me on my feet was his grip. I rubbed my slightly sore lower back as I stood up.

"Want me to do that for you?" He asked innocently. I glared at him and stuck my tongue out as I made my way toward the stairs.

"Fuck you," I yelled over the railing once I got to the second landing. I know, I know. I have to work on my language.

Jack shrugged. "Well, if you're offering," he said with a wink. Shit! He looked like he was seriously going to come up here. Just then the doorbell rang. I let out a sigh of relief as Jack shooed me away.

I did as I was told and went to my room closing the door behind me. I decided to take a shower, and straighten my hair. Why not try something new for school tomorrow? Ugh, school. In the middle of the semester too. Just my luck. I went into the bathroom that was attached to my room-pretty sweet, huh?-and stripped off my clothes. I stepped into the shower and allowed the hot water to cascade over my body. It was perfect.

Twenty minutes later, and I was done. What! It was nice, I could've stayed in there all day. I wrapped my purple towel-with my name embroidered in gold- around me, and stepped out of the bathroom.

I wish I hadn't.

I gasped when I saw Jack sitting on my bed watching me with a small smirk. "What the fuck?" I demanded. "Get the hell out!" I shouted pointing at the door.

Jack started to laugh and stood up. "No, I think I'll stay. No need to be shy, you can get dressed in front of me." To my horror he held up my bra and underwear. Okay, I was offically pissed. I pulled the towel tighter around me and made sure it was securely tied before walking over to him. I ripped my clothes out of his hands and turned to go back to the bathroom. If he wouldn't leave, then I would.

Only it doesn't really work that way. By turning away from him I gave him access to the tie on my towel. Access, which he took advantage of. I screamed and tried desperately to cover myself when he ripped the towel off of me and held it up above his head.

He started to laugh as I grabbed one of the sheets on the bed and wrapped it around me. Though it doesn't really make much of a difference, since he had already gotten a eye full. "Get out, freak!" I shrieked at him. He doubled over in laughter and threw the towel at me as he walked out of the room. "I hate you!" I shouted at the closed door where his body used to be. That was an understatement. Hate wasn't even a strong enoungh word.

More like I depised him with a burning passion. Yeah, much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are <3 so i can kno if u guyz like it or not
the nxt chap shld b out soon...hopefully 2day!
but i need @ least 1 mssge in order 4 tht 2 happen