Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o11

“That goes for you to Matthew.” I gave him a stony glare. This was entirely his fault and I wasn’t going to make an exception just because he wanted to get laid.

“Fine.” He said and stood up “Come on Lexi.” With that they walked out.

It was a while before any of us spoke, finally Carleigh said “Wow.” Softly.

“Yeah.” I whispered. “Do you think I should have been nicer?” I asked after a pause.

“I think you shouldn’t let him walk all over you and rub his bitch girlfriend in your face.” She said comfortingly.

I nodded but couldn’t say anything. What ever happened to bros before hoes?

Hello there
The angle from my nightmare
The shadow in the background of the morgue
-“ Rang out through the silence.

“Hello?” She answered her phone. “Okay bye.” She hung up “I have to go. Will you be okay by yourself?”

I nodded I just didn’t trust myself with words.

***
It was time for school again and I was nervous about seeing Matt, we really needed to talk but I wasn’t sure he’d listen.

Soon it was lunch and I went straight to the spot hoping I could intercept him. I soon saw him with it but I wouldn’t let that stop me.

“Matt we have to talk.” I said standing up straight hoping to look a little less nervous.

“He doesn’t want to hear it.” She said sticking her nose in the air and tried to walk away but I stood my ground.

My eyes never left his face “Matt, please?” It was my last chance, please was his weakness.

He broke and sighed “Fine but make it quick.” And we left him with Lexi staring open mouthed.

“Look I’m sorry I was a bitch but you can’t let her walk all over me like that! I’ve been your best friend fourteen years you can’t throw that away for some passing fancy.

“You’re my best friend and I don’t want to loose you over her.”

“I don’t want to lose you either but you have to ignore her when she tries to start a fight! I can’t openly take your side and I know I can’t just let her have free reign.” I smiled at his words, we both had to work on this but it wasn’t the end of our friendship.

I hugged him then we turned back to the group with smiles on our faces.

“Finally!” Brian shouted “I’m sick of you sulking Matt!” He earned a glare from Lexi for this.

I quickly hugged him then sat next to Carleigh on Jimmy’s lap. “So... how ya’ll doing?” I asked trying to strike up a conversation.

Carleigh was the first to speak but it wasn’t to me “Matt I swear to God if you ever pull that crap again, you’ll have to pee from a tube! She was so angry and sad and hurt! And I haven’t known you guys for very long but I will still kick your ass! Got it Mister?!” Matt was too shocked to respond, but I smiled proudly.

He needed that.

“Any whosel-bees!” I said trying to change the subject but sent a grin to Carleigh. No one spoke. “Don’t make me go all Bruce Lee on your asses!” Apparently they were still asleep!

I quickly launched myself off of Jimmy’s lap and across Johnny, Zacky, and Brian’s laps. I looked up and smiled at Brian. “I warned ya!”

“Oh that’s it!” Zacky said and started tickling me mercilessly.

“Oh. No. Please. Stop!” Each word was punctuated by laughing but they just kept going.

They finally released me I flung myself off of them and lay panting on the ground a few yards away. “Ya’ll suck.” I gasped.

“You love us!” Zacky grinned.

I flipped him off in response and was about to say something when the bell rang, cutting me off. I grabbed my stuff and walked with the guys to Government.

They hugged me goodbye and left to their respective classes and I took my seat in the middle of the class.

Mr. Rice was extremely boring and so was learning about the government so it was torture having to sit through two hours of it. When the bell rang I bolted out of my seat and ran out to the parking lot.

The guys were waiting by my car talking about who knows what. I skipped my way over to them and grinned when they hugged me in greeting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay now I'm pretty much in a sever case of writers block so if you have any ideas at all please tell me! I would love you forever and of course you would get full credit!