Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter oo6

“Shh, its okay don’t cry. I’m here now its okay, the storm will be over soon.” I said sitting her down on my lap with my back against the counters.

The guys entered the room and sat next to us. “Candy Cain, don’t cry there’s nothing to be afraid of. The storm can’t get you with us here.” Jimmy said wiping the tears from her eyes.

After five minutes of continuous crying, and none of us knowing what to do, she hiccupped to a stop. “Are you okay now?” I asked gently.

“I- I think,” She hid her face in my shoulder when lightning flashed in the window.

“Come on let’s get you to your room.” I said picking her up and walking up the stairs with the guys not far behind.

I set her on the bed Zacky grabbed her ipod and put on her ‘storm’ playlist (that consisted only of Claire De Lune), Johnny grabbed her stuffed bear from the corner, and we all sat around her on her queen sized bed.

“You are such a five year old!” Brian laughed when she grabbed the bear (that was almost as big as her) and hugged it to her chest.

“What’s your point?” She giggled. He was right she really was quite childish, but we all loved her for that. She was still sniffling but the tears were gone now she was in an area where she was comfortable. “Can someone grab the candles from down stairs?” She asked softly.

“I’ll get them.” Jimmy said getting off the bed and walking out of the room. When he returned he relit them and placed them around the room.

“Did you know that I love you guys?” She asked looking at us.

We were suddenly lost amidst a large pile of people. They had all bounded forward to hug her and incidentally she was sitting on my lap again so I was on the very bottom of the dog pile.

“Can’t breath!” She yelled from somewhere in the mass of people. They got off her one by one, once Brian was off she gasped for breath. “Fat asses!”

“Oh please that’s all muscle!” Zacky said flexing.

“Yeah right pudgy.” I snorted.

“You are an ass my friend!”

Cain sighed “I’ve been trying to tell him that for years.” She shook her head.

“Hey! Be nice or I won’t let you use me as a pillow!”

“I mean he isn’t an ass.” She said quickly, and completely failing to keep a straight face.

“Okay enough laughing! Why did you leave so early?” Johnny interrupted.

“Uhh, I remembered some unfinished homework.” She said quickly.

“It’s Saturday! You can finish it on Sunday when it supposed to be done!” I said sarcastically.

*Cain’s POV*
Thank god he bought it! I really didn’t feel like telling him the truth, it would have screwed everything up. It was still tormenting me though. Why would he act so caring and protective if he didn’t feel anything?

Thankfully all this was helping me forget the storm that was raging around us. I know my fear is stupid and childish but I can’t explain it.

We all soon fell asleep on my bed, Johnny was at the foot, Jimmy had his legs over Johnny’s legs, Zacky was using Jimmy’s back as a pillow, Brian had his legs over Zacky’s back and his head on Johnny’s back, Matt was laying parallel to Zacky with me using his chest as a pillow.

It was a little squished but over all very comfortable. Clair De Lune was playing softly in the background (much to the guy’s displeasure) lulling me to a restful slumber.

***
I felt soft hands shaking me awake. I opened one tired eye and saw my mothers’ blurred outline.

“Hey mom.” I croaked.

“Hi hun, how were you with the storm?”

“Fine, the guys helped me through it.”

She laughed, I loved her laugh it sounded like soft bells “Okay well go back to sleep I just wanted to check up.”

“Okay night mom.” I put my head back onto Matt’s chest and fell asleep instantly.

***
I woke up and looked over my friends. They are such dorks. I wiggled out of Matt’s grasp and walked down stairs. I looked at the flashing clock to see the power was still out. I grumbled a few choice words and looked through the pantry.

Nothing. Fuck.

I grabbed my keys and headed out to my bead up Acura Legend. It was older than me, and liked to break down a lot but as long as it had a radio and AC then I was good!

I droved over to the down town area where apparently the power was working just fine (stupid power grids!) and stopped by a small doughnut store. I grabbed a twenty from the glove compartment and went inside.

I must have looked kind of strange, I had pajamas still on, my hair must have been a mess and I bet there were tear stains on my face. But none the less I went up to the counter and ordered two of everything they had. Hopefully this would be enough. I paid and got back in my car.

When I arrived back home I set the two boxes of doughnuts on the island and went to my room to wake everyone.

“Wake up fuckers!” I yelled to the mass of sleeping bodies. I got a few grumbles in response but they weren’t going to wake up with out a good reason. “I have doughnuts down stairs!” I said in a sing-song voice.

All of their heads shot up and there was a bit of a struggle to get off the bed. But they managed it and ran down the stairs. I was laughing the entire way down and when I got to the kitchen they were stuffing doughnuts into their mouths like there was no tomorrow.

“You guys are disgusting.” I stated plainly. I picked up a maple bar and started eating.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to make this chapter extra long!

If everyone who reads this story could comment that would be amazing and it would encourage me to write more! So if you want this to keep going then please please please comment! And hey you might even get a chapter in your honor!