Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter oo7

“We’re hungry, not disgusting.” Jimmy said with a mouth full of doughnut.

“Ew, Jimmy please don’t talk with your mouth full.” I said trying to avoid the revolting sight. “Alright fuckers hurry up! I have to work today!” I said scarfing down the rest of my doughnut.

I worked at a local book and music store in down town Huntington. I ran up the stairs and got dressed in normal clothes and ran back down the stairs to see them finishing up the doughnuts.

“Hurry up! I can’t leave you guys here!” I said trying to rush them.

“Can we come too?” Johnny asked.

I sighed “Sure, my boss thinks you guys are the funniest.” I said “But you guys have to take Zacky’s car mine won’t fit all ya’ll.” I grabbed my keys.

“Okay! Let’s go!” Jimmy said running out the door. I shook my head and started up my car.

***
I was at the register ringing up an older man when Jimmy ran up. “One moment sir.” I said to him, I had to be polite when there was a customer around.

He started laughing and the older guy looked at him strangely. “What do you want Jimmy?” I asked when he left.

“Awe, what happened to sir?”

“Shut up kid! What do you want?” I asked again.

“Well I was wondering if you could recommend a book for me!”

“Is this a joke? Since when do you read?” I said stepping from behind the counter.

“Hey! I can read if I want to!” I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bookshelves.

“Well Alice in Wonderland is always a great read; I think you’ll like the weirdness.” I picked the book off the shelf “You’re not ready for Poe so go with Stevenson’s Treasure Island. It’s got some pretty good action scenes. Oh and you’d like Jaguars Ate my Flesh it’s hilarious.” I pulled the last two from the shelf and turned to Jimmy. “Are you actually going to buy them?”

“Of course!” I laughed and took them over to the register to ring him up.

“With the employee discount it comes to twenty dollars and forty-two cents.” I bagged the books and took the money. I looked over the store and saw one girl I didn’t recognize talking to Brian (well trying to ignore him but failing).

I walked over to introduce myself. “Brian leave the poor girl alone.” I said after I heard part of the conversation. Apparently he had asked her out and she said no.

“I don’t think she wants to be left alone.” He said slyly. She glared at him from the corner of her eye.

“Brian there’s a new shipment of posters you might want to check out.” I knew he’d been looking for a Black Flag poster.

“Foul temptress!” He said walking away.

“Thank you.” The girl said when he was a safe distance away.

“No problem, I’m Cain by the way.” I stuck out my hand.

“Carleigh.” She said smiling and shaking my hand.

“So you’ve already captured the attention of Mr. Hanner?”

“Is that his last name? Well yeah but I’d rather him just go away. He seems rather cocky.”

“Oh he is but once you get to know him he’s pretty awesome.” She looked disbelieving “He just tends to grow on you.”

She shrugged “So do you work here?”

I nodded “Do you live around here? I’ve never seen you in before.”

“I just moved here from San Diego.”

“Ah that explains it. Well would you like to hang out sometime? I can show you around, and I promise I won’t bring Brian.” I laughed at the last part.

“That sounds awesome, thanks.”

“Anytime.” I went back to my post at the counter and endured several more hours of the guys asking me to get them things and telling me what to do (something I would never put up with if we were at home).

Finally it was quitting time and I was able to go back home. Hopefully the power was on...

The guys followed in there car while we all went to my house. When we got back the power was still out (I was starting to question the efficiency of the electric company).

I sighed and went into the semi dark house; luckily it wasn’t that dark considering it was only late afternoon. As we were getting out of the car Brian asked “So what are we going to do now?”

I got a sudden idea and a mischievous smirk spread across my face. “Oh no, I know that look.” Matt said, his eyes widening “We are not playing Monopoly!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all who commented!!!
This is for:
d.I.o.m.o
MidEvil_Vampire
LittleMissRESENTMENT
and megm


Love you guys!