Sequel: Skylines & Drivebys
Status: Done

Paint My Skies Black, I Never Wanna See The Sun Again

I Know A Girl Who Thinks Of Ghosts

The next morning I woke up to the sound of the fire detector beeping. I groaned and buried myself deeper under the covers.

CRASH!

“Fucking shit turds!” I heard someone cry downstairs.

“Ugh!” I crawled off the bed, threw on a hoodie and groggily made my way down the stairs. Halfway there, I could smell the scent of burnt pancakes.

Yum. How appetizing.

My eyes focused on the scene. Matt and Rian in the living room, Jack licking some jam off the counter, and Alex at the stove wearing a “Kiss The Cook” apron, flour all over his clothes, and batter on his face. Not to mention the broken eggs on the floor, the stack of ruined pancakes on a plate next to the stove, Alex with a smoking pan in his hand, and Jack still licking the jam off the counter.

“Holy crap what happened in here?” I asked, stepping on a chair and turning off the fire alarm.

Once the beeping stopped Jack exclaimed, “Finally! I can hear the voices in my head again!” Alex and I shot him weird looks.

“What’s all this about?” I asked him, gesturing to the mess.

“Uh, well...” Alex began, scratching the back of his head. I cocked my head to the side, confused, “I – um, tried making breakfast...But it’s not really working out.” He added sheepishly.

“All by yourself? Didn’t the guys offer to help you at least?” said through bursts of laughter.

“He wouldn’t let us!” said Zack, walking into the kitchen, probably from the gym,

“Yeah! He said something like, I’m trying to make a special breakfast, so fuck off! and then he hit me!” Jack exclaimed incredulously.

“Well, I wouldn’a hit you if you didn’t try sticking your goddamn fingers into the batter!” Alex shot back.

I rolled my eyes at their dramatics. “Anyways – Alex? A special breakfast? What’s that all about?”

“”I wanted to make pancakes to celebrate...Umm...the...naming of Fishy Alex! Yeah, okay, let’s go with that.” He mumbled.

“Aww! That’s so sweet!” I giggled.

“And voila!” Alex exclaimed proudly as he spun a plate in front of me. It was a pancake shaped like a cat. Well, the approximation of a cat. I smiled up at him.

“So?” he began, waiting for approval. I took a bite.

“Mmmm!” It actually was good. His face beamed like a little kid on his birthday.

I swallowed and said, “First fish, now cats?”

“Hah, yeah.” He replied, licking syrup off his fingers and laughing along with the rest of us.

“So did you finish making breakfast Gaskarth!?” Matt yelled from the living room.

“Make it yourself!” Alex yelled back.

“I’ll make breakfast.” I offered, getting up from my seat.

“No, don’t.” Alex said, standing up again and making me sit, “Matt will get it himself. Matt!”

“Ugh. Fine.” Matt complained getting up and grabbing cereal out of the cupboard.

“Thanks, Alex” I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“So wait, no breakfast?” Jack asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is dedicated to X.candy-overdose.X for commenting on every single on of my stories!

Comments. You know the routine.