Sequel: Skylines & Drivebys
Status: Done

Paint My Skies Black, I Never Wanna See The Sun Again

Long Days; Fleeting Nights...

“Shit! You are the craziest driver of life!” Zack said. That boy didn’t talk much, but when he did, he was pretty damn funny.

“Sorry.” I replied sheepishly.

When I stopped at a red light – well, more like halted – Zack bonked his head against the backseat window. Now a big red welt was starting to appear on his forehead.
We went the ice cream aisle and I grabbed him a package of Fudgesicles to hold to his head for the time being, in attempt to bring the swelling down a bit.

I grabbed a cart and started walking around, every now and then, grabbing something off a shelf. The guys had all disappeared. I sighed and blew my bangs off my forehead but I wasn’t too worried. I mean, what kind of trouble could five boys get into at a grocery store? Plus, they had Matt around to subdue them.

~ ~

Turning the corner, I almost crashed into someone’s cart.

“Watch where you’re go – Oh, hey Sunny” Alex said. I rolled my eyes. Sunny was not one of my most favourite nicknames. It gave the air of someone who was always...sunny.

“Hey Alex.” I looked at what they had in their cart. It was loaded with junk food and cases of energy drinks.

“Look what we got!” Jack exclaimed, shoving a bag in my face.

“Umm, fish?”

“Don’t forget Saucy the snail.” Alex said pointing at a slug sitting awkwardly at the bottom of the bag. “But you have to pronounce it Shoshy. Just cuz.”

“Right,” I giggled, “and who are these fellas?” I asked, poking at the bag.

“Don’t poke it!” Jack whined, taking it out of my reach.

“That one’s Deuce. He’s taking a dump,” Alex laughed, “and the one with the fucked up fin is Geppetto.”

“How cute,” I said “ready to pay?”

At the checkout counter, Kadie, a girl I knew from school, shot me a weird look. Probably wondering as to why I was hanging out with five pretty good-looking guys. It wasn’t normal behaviour for me.
I shrugged back.

“Your total comes to $121.40” she said making ga-ga eyes at Alex. I barfed a little in my mouth. Kadie had a....reputation when it came to boys, and I wasn’t so sure if Alex was one of those boys who thought with his balls or with his brain.
I shook off the thought. There’s no need to be bitter. I thought to myself, Alex can do whatever he pleases. And whoever he pleases.

I began pulling out my money and was just about to pay when a hand sotpped me. I looked up to find Alex restraining me and taking his own wallet out.

“I’ll pay.”

“Thanks.” I said, although it didn’t really matter. My mom felt somewhat guilty about never being there so she tried to make it up to me by giving me money – but I wasn’t complaining.

On the way back to the car, I overheard Rian talking to Alex, “Nice move back there man – paying for the stuff. You know, especially since most of it was our shit.”

“Yeah,” I agreed tossing my hair back nonchalantly, “where’s that conceited Gaskarth all the girls are throwing themselves at?”

“Why? You like that kind of thing?” he shot back smirking.

“Oh yeah. So hot.” I replied sarcastically.

~ ~

When we got back to the house, Zack went to the weight room and set up his weights. Apparently, he brought them along on tour with them. Rian claimed the shower and Matt was fixing up the rest of his stuff.

Alex and Jack were in the living room watch T.V. and I was on my laptop working on my pictures again while trying to finish the last of my algebra homework. Math was not my strong suit. Actually, I found school to be a waste of my time. I wanted to go see the world.
I sighed, chewing on the end of my pen.

“That’s X equals negative 41.” Alex said, hovering just above my shoulder.

“Huh?”

“Number seven. It’s X equals negative 41.”

“How’d you figure that out?”

“Hey!” he said, mocking offense, “I’m not just a pretty face. I have a hint of a brain.”

“Well, one out of two isn’t bad.” I joked, chewing on my pen again.

“Oh, wait,” he added, “that was down my pants.”

“Ew!” I threw it back at him and he dodged it.

Just then, I heard the front door unlock. Jack froze and looked at me. Alex was frozen too.

My mom walked in, briefcase in hand, keys, coffee and folders in the other.

“Hi Sunday” she greeted me offhandedly.

“Hey.”

“How was your day?”

“Good.”

“Okay. I’ll be in my office.” She said, leaving and not even taking notice of Alex and Jack.

The two of them looked at me in disbelief. “Wha’d I tell you?” I asked in an I told you so tone.

“She didn’t even notice us.” Alex commented.

“I understand glancing past Alex, but what am I? Chopped liver!?” Jack added in shock.

I laughed, “I’ll make sure to tell her about our little situation. And soon; before Jack has a breakdown”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be lovely. I need more...

Oh, and banners.
Those would be cool :-)