Because These Words Were Meant For You

.12 Because These Words Were Meant For You

Dillon passed Johnny and Sarah’s bodies, flying towards the hospital bed like his life depended on it.
I froze, wincing as his fingers grabbed my hand roughly and pulled it against his chest. His eyes were bloodshot, like he had been crying.
Crying? For me?
Well...wow. I guess someone does have a heart.
He leaned down, pressing his full lips into my forehead gently, laying a long, sweet kiss in the center. He clutched my hand to his chest, making my arm ache from the new tug and pull. He breathed out heavily, the reek of alcohol splashing into my face like a hurricane forced ocean wave.
“Get out!” Sarah screamed, kicking at Johnny’s legs. “Motherfucker let me go! That jackass almost killed her! Stupid fucking prick! You and you’re lazy self! That could have killed her! All because you were too lazy and cheap to fix your car!”
“She shouldn’t have taken it in the first place!” He shot back, laying kisses along the palm of my hand. “Why did you take the car? God, Autumn. I thought you were dead. You can’t do that to me. You can’t fucking scare me like that. I would have killed myself if you were gone.” His aura suddenly changed, his grip tightening and squeezing harder than I ever thought was humanly possible. “How fucking stupid can you be? Why’d you take the car? You had no right! And you put yourself in danger doing something so fucking stupid!”
“It would have hurt or killed you if it hadn’t me.” I spoke up, trying to pull my distressed hand away from his.
“It didn’t have to be you! You’re so fucking stupid! You took the car and wound up in the hospital! And for what!? To take you’re shit somewhere else!?” His let out a low growl as he leaned over the rail of the bed, pushing himself closer to me. “Why’d you do that? Fucking dammit, Autumn! You could have been killed!”
“You’re hurting her!” Nita yelled, reaching over to smack him, a loud ‘thwap’ sounding out each time her fist connected with his back. “Stop it!”
“You stop it!” He yelled, shoving her away. “This has nothing to do with you! Get out! None of you should be here! This doesn’t concern any of you! This is between me and her! Not you! You’re just extra baggage! Really fucking heavy baggage!”
“Man! Not fucking cool!” Jorel shouted, grabbing Nita before she could trip and stumble to the floor. “You don’t fucking hit girls!”
“I didn’t hit her! I pushed her! There’s a big difference!” His hand never left mine as he yelled, his voice making my ears ring like an unanswered phone without an answering machine.
“You still fucking pushed her! Dude, get a fucking grip!” Jorel held Nita close, glaring daggers at Dillon’s large frame. “You shouldn’t fucking be here when you’re drunk off your ass. You’re going to get arrested and all of us kicked out.”
“Leave me alone. You don’t know shit! I ain’t drunk!”
“Really?” Sarah shot back, glowering at him, still wiggling about in Johnny’s arms. “Because you’re slurring you’re speech asshole!”
“Johnny keep your bi—“ Dillon started to yell, but I shoved on his chest and pushed him away.
“Stop it!” I cried, prying my hand from within his grasp. “Stop it! All of you! You’re killing me!” I rolled onto my side, wincing as pain shot through my ribcage. “Just stop.”
The machine next to my bed started beeping loudly, the little green lines doing rapid zig zags along the black and white screen. It was like listening to a TV station when it lost its sound, or a county wide storm warning across the TV set.
It was completely annoying and I had no idea why it was going off.
The door opened again, an older woman, dressed in blue smocks, rushing forward as everyone fanned away from the bed.
Her hand grabbed mine gently, feeling around the vein on my wrist and holding her middle finger there; taking my pulse. I watched her and what she was doing to me, and for some reason it helped. The beeping slowly calmed down, finally dying down to a slow and steady beep after every once and a while.
“What ever did you do to her?” She asked, her voice soft and sweet as she turned towards the group behind me. “You can’t work her up like that. She’s stable, but anything could put her into shock. If you’re not going to be able to keep quiet and her calm, then I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”
“No,” Nita spoke up, shaking her head slowly as she laced her fingers in Jorel’s hand. “We’re sorry; we’ll be good.”
“Well, you’re not a child,” The nurse, Patty, giggled and walked out of the room, only to walk back in holding a cup of water and another with little white pills in it. “So don’t say you’ll be ‘good’. Just try and do better.” She came towards me, a bright smile stretching across her lips. “It’s time for your pills.”
“What pills?” I questioned, frowning as I watched her come at me with those damned cups. “Why do I need pills?”
“Well I guess you don’t know, now do you?” She smiled, carefully holding the pills up to me. “These are your parental vitamins.”
“Parental vitamins?” I coughed out, staring at her with wide, bewildered eyes. “You mean….”
“You’re pregnant silly.” She smiled, her eyes twinkling with glee and happiness. “You were so lucky. You not only saved your own life by curling up during the crash, but you saved you’re baby’s life, too.”
Oh, my God.
I’m pregnant!?
♠ ♠ ♠
Still not sure if I like this either.
I'm in a weird mood....like..'womanly time of the month' sad and confused mood.
Damn.