Street Life

Chapter 3

Three days passed, Gerard is way more special than any other kid. He haven't said anything about the school again, and I'm too nervous to bring it up.
I was sitting under a three with Wings sleeping on my lap like a completely cow, and he was as heavy as one to be completely honest.
Then i saw a female figure walking towards us. She was in her 30es. She stood in front of me with a looked full of curiosity. She smiled lightly showing me her perfect teeth. She seemed pretty nice.
I smiled back trying to look as innocent as possible. This was like an acceptation to her invitation, because she came closer and sat next to me.
"So you met Gerard?" she asked normally smiling again. I was a bit shocked but I nodded.
"He's a god kid isn't he?" she asked petting Wings while he was still sleeping
"He's an amazing kid" I told her remembering all our short but interesting conversations.
"Oh" she paused and looked at me. "I'm sorry I'm Gerard's teacher" she said "And mother" her smile grew wider.

After a while talking to Lucy, I found out that she was a very loving mother. Gerard told her all bout me two days ago and then she finally came to see me.
"So, whats your name, he never told me that" she paused looking at the floor like trying to remember if he did.
Oh god my name.
"My name's Katy" i told her truly. That's the only thing I allow myself to remember. "I really dont remember my last name"
" that's okay dear*" she said putting a her hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me" I love your name"
I couldn't help but smiled. No one has ever been so nice to me.
" You know Katy, you should come to our house so you can take a shower... Maybe borrow some of my clothes ..." she started
"What about Wings?" I asked worried, that dog/cow saved me and I was so not leaving him behind.
"It's ok, he can comes if you want" she said simply, sending me a smile "I love animals"
I smiled
"But... I don't know, i mean i really appreciate it but I really don't want to be a bother" i looked at the floor
" Oh Katy come on"

They lived in a small house in a small residence.It was 20 minutes walking from school. The house was white, and the doors were bright green. It was quite lovely. No one could not love it.
" It's a bit messy but I hope its ok" she said standing in front of the door looking for the keys. "Here are they"she whispered more to herself than to me.
When she opened the door i came slowly in, took off my shoes and followed Lucy to the living room where she left her bag. The hallway of the entrance was full of pictures of Gerard and herself. They were other people, that I supposed were her family. But then what about Gerard's father? I made a self reminder of asking about that later.

Then the living room were only two sofas and a big piano in a corner and 4shelves of books . While i admired this beautiful house I didn't notice that Lucy went to the kitchen. I came in, it was a pretty light kitchen, white and black, lots of fruits and a silver refrigerator.
"What do you want to eat Ms. Kat?" Lucy asked me looking in the refrigerator
"Whatever is easier for you" I said simply sitting in the small table.
"What about some Tacos?" she asked me excitedly. It sounded good.
"Sure" I said simply not knowing what to talk about with her.
"So Katy, have you thought about going to school?" she asked like reading my mind.
I thought about it, and while she looked for the ingredients in the refrigerator i was thinking in telling her the truth or not.
"Yes" i told her truly.
"It's simple"
"But aren't they going to ask me for my parents?"
"Yeah, maybe she said putting everything on the table and handing me a glass of water.
"I don't wanna go to an orphanage" I said honestly, those places are hell.
" I know, I understand that Katy" she paused to cook the meat. "But you should try it,"
"I know, i want to go to school"
"Then" she looked me straight in the eyes "I'll promise you Katy, you'll go to school"
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?
i dunno if i should keep writting or if im doing it right :(
please i f you read this
tell what you think
even if you think it sucks
ill say thanks

sorry for grammatical mistakes