Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Awkward

I slowly made my way downstairs. Zacky was closely ahead of me, but he kept looking back at me.

He was probably waiting for me just to fall down or something. Anything that showed I was still heart-broken.

Or maybe it was just because I was so damn clumsy all the time.

I turned into the living room.

Everyone was quietly sitting down, staring my way. They probably heard me coming down, and they quieted down.

I didn't like it. I needed them to be their loud selves right now.

"Hi, Emma," Jimmy said smiling. I smiled back at him.

At least he could be happy right now.

"Hi, Jimmy," I said.

Everyone else just continued their staring.

I noticed that almost all of the guys had their girls here.

Matt was snuggled close to Val on the love seat, Brian had Michelle on his lap, Johnny and Emily were on the ground, and Jimmy had some random girl next to him.

"So?" Johnny said, trying to break the silence.

Emily smacked him on the arm.

"Shut up, Johnny," she said harshly.

Johnny made a whining noise, but he did what he was told.

There was still an awkward silence that no one knew how to break.

I noticed that Val and Michelle turned away from me, looking at their boyfriends. Emily and Johnny didn't break their glance from one another. Jimmy's new girl shrugged it all off.

She probably didn't even know what happened.

I sucked in a deep breath of air.

I didn't want to bring everyone else down just because I got dumped. Everyone's gotta get dumped sometime, right?

This was my turn now. My first time being kicked to the curb.

"Let's go watch a movie," I said, trying my best to smile.

Brian had a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I've wanted to see “The Unborn” for a while now." He said. Michelle nodded.

"Yeah, I really need a scary movie right now," she said happily.

I guess they were both interested in the same type of movies then.

Everyone else seemed to agree. Everyone except me, of course. I didn't say anything. I didn't want to kill the mood more than I already did.

I just wanted everyone to act normally, be their happy little selves. I hated, despised scary or any type of horror movies, but I didn’t say a word to any of them.

"Let's go then," Matt said, getting up.

Val quickly followed his lead, and everyone else got up too. Matt was the leader of this group, I guess.

He did have the muscles for it.

As I walked out of the house, I noticed three more cars than there would usually be. Well, technically two.

I didn't think Brian's motorcycle would actually count as a car.

I eyed it suspiciously. I didn't like that Brian was about to get on it.

What if he got hurt?

I didn't like that one bit.

I walked over to Brian, and I poked his motorcycle.

He grinned up at me.

"I won't get hurt," he said.

I just glared at the contraption, as if it were planning on hurting Brian. I didn't like this.

"Brian," I whined. "Don't worry, Michelle makes sure I do everything like a safe person," he said. Michelle nodded.

"That's why I ride in back of him, so he doesn't act like an idiot." She said.

I walked away, slightly more complacent than I had, when I walked over there. As long as Michelle was there, then I had nothing to worry about then.

I walked as Matt, Val, Jimmy, and his date get into one car. Johnny and Emily got into theirs, and I followed them.

Emily eyes me carefully.

"Emma, maybe you should go with Zacky. He seems lonely, you know, with just him in his car," she said. I nodded.

I got out of the car, heading towards Zacky's.

I bobbed my head as I got closer and closer.

I wasn't sure why Zacky couldn't just ride with Johnny, Emily, and me. Wouldn't that be easier? Save more gas?

When I reached to the passenger door, Zacky rolled down its window. He had a smile on his face, and his vibrant eyes were shining.

I felt myself smile back at him.

"You riding with me?" He asked.

I nodded, and I got into the car. The leather seats felt so cool against my hot skin, and the air conditioner was soothing me.

I suddenly froze.

I could feel Zacky's gaze on me. I didn't like it, yet my face was burning up. I distracted myself by staring out the passenger's window.

I looked up and down Emily's house. It was a nice big house. A house that looked nice to raised children in.

"Emma, look at me," Zacky voice said.

It was deep, and it made me shiver involuntarily. I didn't want to look at him. I knew how he was looking at me, I knew.

"Just look at me please," he begged.

I fought my instincts, and I turned to look at Zacky's face.

It was a mistake to ever do so.

His green eyes were piercing me.

It was just like the first time I saw him except this time he wasn't covered in cuts and bruises from saving me. His eyes were scaring me, and it felt like he knew everything I was think again.

I couldn't read his facial expression.

It was cold and emotionless. It was almost like he was a statue. I would've mistaken him for one, if his chest wasn't rising and falling.

"Emma," he whispered. I sighed deeply.

I had forgotten to breathe for a moment.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing, let's just get to the movies." He said.

He turned back to the steering wheel, and he shook his head slowly. I didn't ask why.