Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Barney Is Scary

I turned over, and I groaned.

The stupid sun was blinding me.

I covered my eyes up with my hands.

I smiled to myself.

I knew what today was, and I just wanted to run downstairs to start screaming. Of course, I didn’t.

I would wake Johnny, Emily, and Yancy up.

I got up, and I quickly showered.

I quickly changed into a white t-shirt and some ripped jeans. I slipped on some flats, and I walked downstairs.

I could hear the familiar voice of Barney on the television. It scared me. I never liked that creepy dinosaur’s voice.

But apparently, my little nephew loved it.

He was laughing... a lot. His laughter caused me to giggle. I absolutely loved to hear babies laugh. They were adorable, when they weren’t annoying.

I could hear some sizzling noises, so I assumed that Johnny was cooking something, meaning that Emily was probably watching Yancy laugh his ass off at the scary thing.

I walked into the living room, and Emily was there on the couch with her baby. And Yancy’s face was really red, probably from all the laughing.

“Maybe you should change the channel. Your baby looks like he’s about to die from laughter. You’re suppose to be a mama, birthday girl.” I said.

Emily smiled at me.

“Maybe I should, but he starts crying whenever I try. Besides, isn’t his laughter so adorable?” She said happily.

“That’s why kids can be very annoying little things,” I said.

Emily laughed.

“But they’re so adorable, when they look up at you.” She said.

She was awfully cheerful today, wasn’t she?

But I guess that was normal, when it was your birthday.

I rolled my eyes, and I ran into the kitchen.

I smiled, when I saw Johnny was sporting his pink apron. Was Emily really making him wear that every single time he cooked?

Because that would just be fabulous. I could make fun of him every time he cooked!

“Hello, chef. I see you’re making breakfast,” I said.

He nodded.

“When don’t I make it?” He asked.

I shrugged.

“True,” I mumbled.

“Besides, I can’t let Emily do anything on her special day.” He said.

I cleared my throat.

“Oh, on your special day as well, happy birthday, Emma.” He said.

I shrugged.

Emily was always more “welcomed” on our birthday, but she was always the more friendly and cheerful one anyways.

“So do you two have anything planned for tonight?” I asked.

He shrugged.

“I’m not too sure, but don’t tell her that.” Johnny said quickly.

I nodded.

Emily might’ve ripped his head off.

“Can’t make up your mind?” I asked.

He shrugged.

“The guys want to throw a huge party, but I was thinking about taking her out to a restaurant. You know a fancy one. I haven’t taken her out somewhere like that in so long,” he said.

“I think you should ditch me and the guys to take her out,” I said.

He nodded.

“Thanks for the advice. You planning on doing anything special tonight?” He asked.

I shrugged.

“I guess I’ll be partying with the guys then,” I said smiling.

Johnny shrugged.

“Maybe Zacky has something up his sleeves for you,” he said.

I shrugged.

Maybe he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just one short one. Apparently people did not like Zacky being an ass, just leaving Emma like that. You'll see what I have in mind later. I wrote three chapters for Zacky today. So I am a very happy camper right now.