Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

The Beach

Charles and I went to Emily's house, and we got some breakfast. Johnny and her were the only two there, thank God.

I, honestly, did not want another conflict with the guys. Or maybe it was just that I didn't want to see Zacky again.

"So what do you wanna do tonight?" Emily asked. I shrugged. "I'm not really sure, I was hoping you guys had something planned." I said.

Emily shrugged.

"Babe, what do you wanna do?" Emily asked Johnny. Johnny shrugged.

"The guys were talking about going to the beach," he said. I smiled.

"Let's go! I haven't been to a California beach in so long!" I said happily. "The beach it is," Emily said.

Emily happily took me upstairs.

"I have tons of swim suits!" She said excitedly. I smiled weakly at her. She shook her head at me. She knew what my look meant.

"No, you are not wearing shorts and a t-shirt!" she yelled. "Why not? It's comfy," I said softly. "You have to show what you got!"

I rolled my eyes.

"I'd rather not," I mumbled. "What? Does Charles get jealous?" I shook my head.

I've never seen Charles get jealous, but then again, I've never gave him a reason to be jealous. He was pretty much the only guy I've been around besides the guys now. He was above being jealous. He knew I cared for him. It might not be as much as he cared for me, but it was something.

"No, I just don't want everyone staring." I said softly.

I really didn't. I didn't like the feeling of people's eyes on me. I doubt that they would look for very long, but they would still glance.

"Awww... That's so cute. You're so embarrassed!" Emily shouted.

"Am not!" "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!"

I stomped over to Emily.

"Give me one of your damn bikinis," I muttered. A wide grin spread across her face.

"Yay!" She shouted. I rolled my eyes.

I watched as she dug through piles and piles of swim suits.

Why did someone need that many swim suits? How could someone possibly have that many to begin with? Why would they need that many?

Some were way too revealing, and others were just plain funny. Most of the revealing ones had thongs, which is something I'd never wear.

"Do you actually wear those?" I asked in disgust. Emily smiled at me.

"No, Johnny just likes me to try them on in front of him," she said giggling. I made another face of disgust.

"You could've just said 'no'." I said. "Yeah, but that was a lot more fun." I rolled my eyes.

"Not for me," I muttered.

"Here's one," she said throwing one at me. I caught both pieces, and I stared at them blankly.

She had to be kidding me, right?

"No," I said quickly. Emily groaned loudly as I threw them back at her.

"C'mon!" She whined. "It's white." "So?" "Once I get wet, people will be able to see through it," I said simply. "So?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You wear it then." "Johnny won't let me wear it in public." She said. "Johnny is a very good man for you," I said. "Not behind closed doors. He lets me wear it around the house," she said smirking.

Was it me or was this really disgusting?

I sighed deeply as I looked at the water. It looked so calm. The waves were slowly rising and going back. The sun was out, and it was slowly heating my skin up. There was a soft cool breeze blowing, making my hair sway slightly.

"Nice day, huh?" I nodded slowly, not caring who was talking to me. "So you're actually gonna wear shorts and a t-shirt?" They asked laughing.

I turned to look at them, rolling my eyes. I froze.

"C'mon, it was just a joke," Zacky said. I scoffed. "I'm sure it was," I said. "Quit being so evil to me," he said.

I scoffed again.

"Zacky, I don't really forgive and forget." I muttered. "I don't need you to forget, you can just forgive." He said.

"No thanks," I said walking away.

I quickly found Charles. He already took off his white shirt, and his muscles made him stand out. Plus, all the guys had tatoos besides him. He was the only one here that didn't have any tats. Even I managed to have two.

I jumped on Charles' back, and he quickly grabbed my legs, not letting me fall off. I smirked.

"My strong man can hold me," I said happily. "That's only cause you're so light," he said chuckling. "Psh, I bet you can hold Matt up in your arms." I said. "I'd rather not try," he said.

"Take me to the beach!" I yelled.

Charles quickly ran over to the sand. I was slapping him the whole way. I made him run around until I was too out of breath from laughing. Charles wasn't even tired, and he was the one running.

He let me down, and I laid down on the sand, still laughing. I covered my face with my arms. I could feel that my face was red, and I didn't exactly think it was attractive.

"Emma, move your arms." Charles said. I shook my head.

"No," I whined. "Quit being a baby, and let me see your pretty face." He said laughing. I shook my head again.

I felt his warm hands wrap around my wrists.

He moved them forcefully, despite my best efforts. He lifted my hands over my head, as he straddled my waist. There was a smirk on his lips. A smirked formed on my lips. His hands were still on my wrists.

"I kind of like this position," I said. He nodded. "So do I," he said.

He leaned down, pecking me on the lips. His lips were soft and plump, and they were begging for me to kiss harder.

I pushed my lips harder, but I could feel him pulling away. I growled, still wanting even more.

"Be patient," he said softly. I shook my head.

"I don't want to. I want more," I said. He smirked.

"Do I leave you wanting more?" He asked. I nodded.

He leaned down, giving me another kiss. I pushed my lips even harder on his this time. I pushed my tongue into his mouth. I explored his mouth as I felt him smirking.

He pulled himself off of me. He was still smirking.

"I am so good," he said softly. "Sure, you are." I said rolling my eyes. "Well, I obviously am. You can't keep yourself off of me," he said.

I cleared my throat.

"You're the one on me," I said with a raised eyebrow. He chuckled.

His bright blue eyes were shining at me. I stared at his features as he stared at me. I was most definitely liking the view.

Suddenly, Charles was pushed off of me. Who was actually strong enough to push him? I looked up.

Brian?

"Get off her, and let's start having fun." Brian muttered. "I was having fun," I whined. Brian rolled his eyes.

"Have fun with your friends. You can do that without sucking face," he said giving me his hand.

He helped me get up, and I swear I saw Charles glaring at Brian.

"Anything wrong, Charles?" I asked. He shook his head. "No, nothing," he muttered. "You sure?" Brian asked.

Now why did it sound like he was teasing Charles?

"I'm fine, Synyster." Charles said sternly.

"Wait, what's going on here?" I asked. "Nothing," Brian and Charles said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay," I said slowly.

I really hoped it was nothing. I did not need my best friend and boyfriend hating one another.

I let go of Brian's hand, and I took Charles' in mine.

"Let's go swim," I said happily. He nodded.

As we got to the water, I stopped. Charles looked at me weird.

"Gotta take off the shirt and shorts," I said. He nodded slowly. I could see a smirk forming on his lips.

I slowly took off the shorts first. Then I slowly took the shirt off, pulling it over my head. I sighed deeply as I finally looked back up at Charles.

He was smiling wide, and I could feel myself blush. Emily decided to make me wear a black and green swim suit.

"Do I look okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Very," he said softly.

I laughed as I got into the water. The water was cold, and I shivered.

I, suddenly, felt myself being pushed. I was now in the freezing water. I surfaced from the water, glaring. It was Charles.

"Why did you do that?" I asked. "You looked cold," he said laughing. I didn't laugh with him.

"No, that was mean." I said standing up. I walked over to Emily, who was laughing at me.

"That was so funny," she said. I shook my head. "Emily!" I yelled, hugging her. "Eww.. Wet, Emma!" She said, trying to get away from me.

"Get off your sister," Brian said. "No, I don't wanna." I whined. "Here, you can hug me," Brian said.

I quickly let go of Emily, and I hugged Brian tightly. He laughed as he hugged me back.

"You're just a big baby, you know that?" He asked. I nodded. "I like being a baby, though. You treat me nice," I said. "That's cause you're the best," he said. I smiled.

"Thank you, Bri." I said happily.

I let out a yelp as Brian picked me up. He was holding me bridal style, and I laughed.

"Brian, put me down!" I said. He shook his head. "Not 'til I get a kiss," he said. I laughed even harder.

"Like anyone would kiss you," I said. "I love you, Emma, but don't make me drop me on the hard sand. Or worse, the water again." He said.

I rolled my eyes. I kissed him on his cheek.

"Thank ya, babe." He said smiling. He let me down, and I smiled.

"Your welcome, handsome." I said hugging him again. I loved Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's the update. Is there some tension between Charles and Brian going on here? And I was really happy 'cause I actually got two comments, so yay me. Oh, and thank you, bloodravyn. You've commented the most, and I love you for it.