My Summer Love Story

Dead Serious

Jackie's Pov.

Somehow, miraculously I convince Liz not to make me get up and run again. Yesterday I didn't feel to bad, but today my thighs feel like they had been crushed under the wheels of a Mack truck. Or Liv's thunder thighs. Muahah. Second of evilness, sorry, I'm done.

Anyway, turns out the counselor who had somehow crazily taken off into the woods the other day had actually met up with some woodland creatures, (straight from the Snow White movie. Cute I know!) and decided that he wanted to live out the rest of the days trying to grow fur and speak in the language of the woodland elves. Just kidding, but wouldn't that be great?

Here's what really happend.

"Aww here is my prime suspect!" The counselor yells heartily, dragging me from the back of the group where I had been cowering in fear.

"This girl here, Ashely-" He says.

"Jackie," I interrupt.

"Jessica," He says, looking at me, "did you do your training like I told you to? Because how should I expect you to hike miles in the woods without the proper training?" He throws his pointer finger in the air and I cringe like a beaten dog, "That's right I wouldn't!" As if anyone had even bothered to answer him.

I shrug, "You could just tie me up if you get tired of me and feed me to your little woodland friends." I suggest taking a hopeful step towards the group.

The group gawks and then bursts into laughter. Even the counselor breaks into a deep bellowing laugh that makes me temporarily deaf in my left ear.
"That is a great idea!" He exclaims.

Wait did he even hear me?

"Now I can explain how important it is to clean up your messes while you are in the wild! So if that does ever happen you will know how to properly get rid of every bit of evidence."

Half the group sat in wonder and the other half sat if pure fear, ready to bolt if he moved to quickly.

Luckily he was too distracted talking about how to properly dispose of my remains that he did not notice me escape to the back with Cade, who immediately shoots me a sympathetic grin.

"That was rough, sorry" He whispers with a laugh, and I grin and sit down next to him on a rock that he had somehow claimed as his own.

"I can handle it. If he ever tried to kill me like that I would totally pull a Snow White and call the woodland creatures to come and kick his butt for me."

He laughs, "Or you could make like Aurora and just sleep through it,"

"You lost me, who is she?" I ask, ducking as the crazy counselors gaze drifts across the group.

"Sleeping beauty? Wow, you don't know your Disney princess at all!" He exclaims, jokingly flipping his hair like a girl and flashing his nails.

"Showed up on Disney trivia by a guy, that's pretty pathetic." I say, retying my shoes just in case I have to make a quick get away.

"Maybe we could recommend Disney movies for Disney night?" He suggests, leaning back on the huge rock we were sitting on.

"Sure, but first, what's your favorite Disney movie?" I ask, shifting on the sharp points of the rock.

"Aladdin, hands down best Disney movie out there." He admits, shamelessly, "It's always been my favorite."

"Me too! When I was younger I used to belt out the duets," I laugh, "I would sing both Aladdin's and Jasmine's part in front of my mirror and pretend that I was actually on the magic carpet." We both laugh again.

"I would say me too, but that would be weird." Cade says, laughing. "But I did watch Aladdin every day for a month. How's that for dedicated?"

"You're hardcore," I say laughing. "What else did you like?" I ask, curious about the younger Cade.

"The usual, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Bambi."

"Beauty and the Beast?" I ask, choking back a laugh, "Isn't that to girly for the boy that can sprint up a mountain without getting winded?"

"It's a great movie," He defends himself, "And you're just jealous because by the time we got to the top of the hill we had to restart you heart because you hadn't breathed in the longest time."

"I would try and say that that's not true, but I'd be lying." I said with a laugh. "But I figured you were more of the Hercules or Hunchback of Notre Dame kind of guy." I explain.

"Can I tell you the truth?" He whispers, scooting a little bit closer on the rock.

"'Course," I say.

"Those movies scared me." He admits, bashfully.

"Me too." I agree. "And how about Anastasia? I love the movie but that villain's song freaked me out."

"Same!" This time it was him who agreed. "That part was freaking creepy. I had nightmares for months afterward."

"I couldn't sleep after watching that for months." I admit.

"Glad we're on the same page. How about Peter Pan?" He asks, curious.

"Love the movie, hate the mermaids." I say with a shudder, "I still want to rip every piece of precious hair out of their heads."

"Same!" He says.

"How do you feel about sequels about classics?" I ask.

"Depends on if it is good or bad." He replies.

"Bad and good." I decide after a second.

"I hate the bad sequels because you can't help but feel like the only reason they made a sequel was so that it could be a big hit and they could make a ton of money again. I like the good sequels because they give you closure." He says after thinking for a couple of seconds.

I nod and following his lead I lean back onto a raised part of the rock and yank my sunglasses out of my bag to block the blazing sun. It's still early but I can already feel a sunburn coming on.

"So how's the poison ivy by the way?" He asks, glancing at my still bumpy legs.

"Thanks for reminding me," I say laughing and trying to keep my hands from reaching down and tearing the skin off of my legs. 'It's not bad when I don't think about it. When I do I just want to gnaw my legs off. I'm glad I didn't get it on my hands or anything though, that would suck."

He laughs, "Man, I'm glad I'm not allergic to it." He says.

"Do you wanna know what I've heard?" I say with a slight tease in my voice.

"What?" He asks, turning over and blinking in the sun.

"That the more you're exposed to poison ivy, the more likely you will become allergic to it."

"Are you serious?" He asks sitting up.

"Dead serious." I say and laugh as he scoots further down the rock. "Don't worry, I'm not contagiuos, just itchy."

"Yeah, but now I'm not taking any chances," He climbs to the middle of the rock and looks over the heads of the other campers, "looks like he disappeared again." He says as the kids start to head off in their own directions.

I sigh with happiness and stuff my things back into my beach bag, "Good, he's starting to creep me out."

"Starting?" He asks, poking me in the arm, "What little arms you have," He mocks in a high pitched voice.

"Poison ivy?" I tease back and stretch my leg out so it's just barely touching his. At this he shrieks and hops off of the rock.

"Come on, you aren't afraid of a little poison ivy are you?" I ask teasingly.

"That is not a little bit of poison ivy, that's a whole freaking bush on your leg." He takes off when I raise an elbow and I snatch up my things and take off after him, whooping about poison ivy the whole way back to our cabins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh? Non eventful for the win.