Status: On hiatus. Read profile for why it is.

Last Kiss Goodbye

Photos of You.

I looked down at my hand to where I had Sydney’s name written in black ink. I let one last tear escape from my eyes before washing her name away forever. I shut off the faucet once the ink was finally off my hands, and decided to call the one person I know I can tell anything to, Alyson. Alyson, more so known as Aly, was Sydney’s best friend. But after our breakup, Sydney had disappeared from everyone. Aly on the other hand stayed with the band and I through everything. My fingers slid over the keyboard quickly as I punched in her number.

“Hello?” Aly thankfully had picked up the phone.

“Aly, I saw Sydney today. She called me and told me to meet her at the beach. I went and we finished it there. My brain said I did the right thing, but my heart is saying I did the dumbest thing ever.” I walked out of the bathroom and headed out back. Thankfully Michelle was passed out on the couch and wasn’t questioning me who I was on the phone with like she normally does.

“You’re fucking with me!” Aly wailed.

“I wish I was.” I sighed as I slumped down onto the cold tiled floor of my basement.

“You’re stupid for letting her go when she wanted another chance. It’s not like you’ve given her a hundred chances before. She cheated on you yes, but look at what you have now! You have Michelle, the bitchiest and most controlling person I’ve ever met. To you you’re just an empty tin can on the side of the road; used and worthless. I’d pay you a million dollars to dump her if I could.” Aly, the nicest girl you could possibly meet, was now pissed off beyond belief. I’ve never, ever heard her raise her voice at anyone and I’ve known her since I was a kid.

“I know I am,” Was all I really had to say. My vocal cords seemed to have been constricted back by a rope, I was lost for words.

“Well I have nothing else to really say but the fact that we’re going on tour with Papa Roach in two months. I hope you think deeply about how bad of a decision you made. If I was you, I’d call her back, but it’s probably too late now.” The phone clicked off after that. No goodbye, no see you later, no talk to you later. To be lectured by Aly is like getting yelled at by your mom for failing a class in school. It's hell.

I sighed heavily as I picked myself off the ground. I punched my fist into the wall, fuming with anger. I repeatedly abused the wall imagining it was me and telling myself how stupid I was for letting Sydney go. One last punch at the wall, my fist made its way through sheetrock. My hand was now swollen, probably broken, and throbbing with pain. Still raging with anger, I threw my phone on the ground and walked up the stairs.

I made my way into the kitchen grabbing an icepack and beer. I downed the beer quickly and then got a bandage to hold the icepack onto my hand. I rummaged through my closet to find and old photo album of the last summer I spent with Sydney. Luckily enough I found it, and flipped through the pages carefully. We had every last memory put in this photo album; from our first beer, to our first time going surfing in the ocean. I traced a heart that Sydney had drawn next to the photo of the day we celebrated being together for four years and lied back on the bed looking aimlessly through the photo album for the night.

I'm lying awake here
Looking at this photo of you
I'll forgive, I won't forget
Keep coming back
Keep coming back
Keep coming back
My heart in your hands
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still a little iffy on the story..
Do you like it so far?
Comments are nice. :]
The song at the end/title of chapter is Photos of You by Phone Calls From Home.
My mom found them at Bamboozle while I was in the pit with my friend and she got me their CD.
They're really good, you should check them out. :]
Oh, one last thing.
I was looking for a photo of Johnny for the story and I clicked on one. My mom was like "What the hell is that?!" I was like "....Johnny Christ."
So according to my mom, Johnny is an object because she said what the hell is that, not who the hell is that.