Milky's Way

: Brothers & Sisters :

“. . . both older than me. Clara, my sister, has two kids, Matthew and Chloe and lives in the town I used to live. Peter, my brother, lives there too with his girlfriend. They’re okay I guess, I don’t see them much, I don’t think they know I’m here, I’m guessing not, why would they? We get on alright, I don’t really ft in with them much. They’re more alike and I stand out a bit.”

Thinking about them made me realize I missed them, I wonder how they are, how the kids are doing. I’ll have to give them a call or a text or something later.

“Milky . . .” Frazor’s voice took me from my thoughts.

He was born Frasier, but likes his own spelling, something to do with his habit of ‘playing’ with razorblades. My eyes wandered to his arms, sure enough, more cuts than yesterday. Poor guy. A lot of people say we’re alike, especially Guardian. He comes from a rich family, his dad being the CEO of Magiprint Computers, but he’s since distanced himself from being associated with that part of his life.

I suppose we’re sort of friends, we hang out sometimes and do things together; shopping for Gee and stuff like that. I must admit that I find Frazor quite attractive; maybe I’ll go so far as to say I have a little crush on him, just a tiny one though. It’s his mystery that attracts me to him, and his eyes; they’re amazing. You can look into them and see he’s not all there, but at the same time see so much of him that he hides. On his bad days they fade into a dull hazel color, but it’s on his good days that I really notice them, they a deep brown, almost black. If anything it’s his darkness that draws me in.

He’s here like me, because his life got too much and he lost control, I don’t know all the details but it’s mainly family based. Growing up in a world his parents, purely materialistic, controlled could only mean bad news for someone like Frazor, a realist. With no brothers or sisters he was, or should I say was meant to be, the apple of his parent’s eyes. To his mother he could do no wrong, her world revolved around him, her perfect son. His father, however, saw Frazor more as an investment than a son, someone to carry on his work, walking in his footsteps when he could no longer be the successful businessman he had grown to be. Frazor wasn’t perfect, as much as his mother tried to kid herself; often getting into trouble at school and with the police on more than one occasion, luckily his fathers power came in handy at these points. He couldn’t be the golden boy his son wanted him to be, and he certainly couldn’t be his father.

“What was it like?” he continued. and that little flutter returned in my stomach as I looked into those eyes. “Growing up with a brother and sister? Were they protective of you? Were they part of your problems? Why you’re here?”