Status: the next update will be soon since i am now on spring break and don't have anything else to do

Everybody's Fool

First Collision

(6 days before ball)

Nina has been on my back about everything and I don’t even know why. If I miss a spot when I’m cleaning, I go to bed with no dinner, if I talk back to her then I have double as many chores. Its like Nina wants to make my life even more miserable then ever. I haven’t been able to get a full nights rest because of all the work.
“Don’t worry, Kim, once you get into Manhattan you’ll be free of Nina and your stupid, bitches you call your stepsisters,” Carol stated making me feel a bit better.
I had to agree Carol. If I get accepted then I'll be free of Nina and her bitchiness but if i don't then I'll be stuck with Nina for another year until college, and i do not want that. Carol and I were by our lockers waiting for Nick to get here.
Nick finally arrived and groaned loudly once he walked up to us and opened up his locker.
“What’s wrong with you?” I questioned.
“Joe wouldn’t stop talking about some mystery singer he heard yesterday,” Nick answered getting a couple of books out of his locker.
“Really?” Carol questioned not believing Nick.
“Yep, but at least he’s going back to writing and singing music again,” Nick told us as he closed his locker.
“He writes music?” I asked Nick. I never pictured Joe as the type of person who even writes or at the very least sings music but now I can just picture him singing up on stage just being himself and having fun. If Joe write music, I wonder what kind?
“Yea, before he became 'popular' Joe would sing, dance write and play a few instruments,” Nick explained as he leaned against his locker.
“Oh,” Carol and I shocked in unison.
Suddenly I was bumped and all of my books and papers were knocked out of me and onto the floor.
“Hey, watch it. . .” I trailed off when I noticed it was Joe who bumped into me.
We starred into each others eyes. I swear I can stare in his honey gold eyes for hours, it felt like we were the only two people in the world that was until Katie walked up to Joe and kiss him right in front of my face ruining the perfect moment. I rolled my eyes as I got down on my knees and grabbed my books with Nick’s and Carol’s help.
“Katie, I told you we’re over,” I heard Joe tell Katie.
“Joe, you really have got to stop saying that joke its getting annoying,” I heard Katie state.
I looked up at both of them and saw Joe groan and walk away with Katie happily following him.
Carol, Nick and I got up from the floor and began heading to class until Brittany and Bianca stopped us.
“What’s your damage, Kimberly?” Bianca questioned.
“This is our hallway or did you losers forget that?” Brittany hissed at us.
Carol got up to they’re faces and started saying, “You know what you-”
“Carol, they aren’t even worth your energy,” I interrupted her as I pulled her away from my stupid stepsisters with Nick’s help.
At lunch, Carol and I were talking about the ball that is only six days away. I know yesterday I was feeling depressed about how I’m not going to be able to go to the ball but now I am feeling better and can’t wait for the ball. If I do everything that I’m told to do then maybe just maybe Nina will let me go.
“So, I’ve been meaning to ask you, Kim,” Nick began as he sat down in from of me beside Carol.
“What?” I questioned.
“How was it starring into Joe’s eyes for a really long time?” Nick asked with a smirk on his face.
I starred at him wide eyed, I wasn't excepting Nick or Carol to actually pay attention to the incident “Uh, um, uh, Carol how do our dresses look like?” I asked Carol trying to change the subject but no such luck.
“Oh, no, your not going to change the subject,” Carol stated poking at me. “I want to know too, so answer Nick’s question.”
“You know its not polite to point at people,” I joked. Nick and Carol gave me stern looks. “Fine, fine.” I sighed. “It was. . . nothing special.” That was a lie. The truth was I thought it was the best thing that ever happened to me, like we were the only two people in the whole world, the best moment of my life. . . so far.
“You liar,” Nick and Carol accused me as they each pointed a finger at me.
“What did I say about pointing?” I asked them sarcastically.
“Kim, we know for a fact that you thought it was special, like the best thing that ever happened to you,” Carol stated.
“How the- how’d you know what I was thinking?” I questioned her.
“I knew it, I was just playing around with you,” Carol laughed with Nick.
“So, you did like it?” Nick questioned.
“Yeah, uh, no more questions, see you guys later,” I stated as I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. I knew for sure that that wasn't over just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i finally updated, i am really sorry that i haven't updated in a while but now i did and i promise you that either today or tomorrow i will have the next chapter i just need to edit the chapter that is all
i want to thank all of the subscribers and comments i've been getting, they really mean a lot.
feedback would be nice and if anyone wants to make me a banners for this story, i would really like that and i would dedicate the chapter to you.
COMMENTS?
SUBSCRIBERS?
BANNERS?
COMMENTS + SUBSCRIBERS = UPDATES