Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life

Chapter 14

'Adultery is the application of democracy to love' H.L Mencken

Introducing Brendon’s POV

I stepped into the hotel room quietly, careful not to make a sound. She followed me giggling, trying to grab my hand. I stumbled around a bit, not quite knowing where I was. I put my hand to my head and moaned. I shouldn’t have drank that much. She switched on the lamp, her long blonde hair falling around her shoulders and she yanked off her top. Maybe if I had been sober I would have been amazed at this bold move but I stumbled over to her and fell into her arms. She grabbed me and pulled me closer, yanking off my shirt until it was bare skin on skin. She kissed me vigorously, I almost thought she meet eat me. It was almost too thrilling, to feel a woman’s touch. A woman who was not Sarah.
Not Sarah.
Not Sarah!
What am I doing. I yanked the girl off me.
‘Oh Brendon baby,’ she moaned. ‘What’s wrong?’
‘Get out,’ I muttered and walked away. I sat on the bed holding my head in my hands.
‘Fuck you,’ giggled the girl stumbling towards the door until soon the whole room plunged into silence.
My head ached, my heart hurt. I love Sass. But when you’ve only kissed one girl in your whole life, it gets a bit boring. Just a bit. I would never leave her though, I COULD never leave her. She is the one. What have I done? I have to tell her. I picked up the phone and couldn’t have been happier to her voice.
‘Brendon!’ she laughed.
‘Sass,’ I breathed, taking her in. All I want is to hold her.
‘I miss you,’ she whispered.
‘I kissed someone Sass,’ I whimpered.
The phone went silence, yet I could hear her breathing. Slow and steady, back and forth. She sighed.
‘I…..I love you Brendon.’
‘I’m sorry. I was drunk…a-and we only kissed….I swear. I kicked her straight out…oh Sass……I would never lie to you……Sass.’
‘I forgive you,’ she said although I knew she was crying. ‘Just give me time.’
And the phone went dead.

Sarah’s Pov
I couldn’t be mad at Brendon for long because I had felt the exactly the same way at times. Not trapped but just a longing, a lust, for something different. My heart belonged to him forever and everytime I saw him I was glad he was mine. But when he’s not around and I can’t feel his touch on my skin or his breath on my neck I cannot remind myself of what I have. I understand why he did what he did and I am just thankful he told me. However, it still pained my heart to even think about him kissing someone else, no doubt some blonde, drunk bimbo whom he doesn’t even know her name.
I didn’t have much time to feel sorry for myself because Director was very busy. We are in the studio recording our album! Yes, the producer had signed us after the show three months ago.
I was so happy for Director but I just hope this band’s success doesn’t take us farther apart. I know our relationship is strong, but there is only so much both of us can take.