‹ Prequel: August
Status: It's back! Active, but possibly slow updates depending on how inspired I feel.

Dear August

My Condolences September, the 24th

I'm not good at meeting new people....

Spencer and I were sitting in ACT math prep together going over our homework answers. Yes, we had homework for a class that was supposed to help us take tests, I found it strange and a pointless credit. Spencer was shuffling around in his binder. Over the past weeks I'd found that he may have looked unorganized, but it was actually quite the opposite.

"Found it." He slid the paper on the desk and I took it to start comparing it to mine and the answer key.

I wasn't a math genius, but his were completely wrong. His equations were all missing one step or another and it was taking me forever to figure out what. He needed a fresh piece of paper.

"It's not looking good over there." He commented and I tried to wipe the look off of my face.

"No…It's really not." I gave a pained sympathy smile.

"It's only the ACT. It's not like it depends on me getting into college." He chuckled and leaned back.

"Community college is just as good." I added and smirked.

"Don't you already have scholarship or something? " Spencer brushed a hand through his bangs and crossed his legs at his ankles, kicking me under the desk in the process. "Sorry." He mumbled momentarily breaking the pace of conversation.

"Yeah, for English." I said casually and felt a little embarrassed.

"You're smart. We could hang out and you could tutor me."

"I suck at math."

"Apparently not."

"Will gave me his old binder. It has all the equations."

"If you can figure this out from just a little line I think you're smart." He bit the eraser on and stared at the equation written at the top of the page.

"Not really, but I guess I could try to help." I didn't have work that night, it was flattering that Spence thought I was genius, and I knew we'd end up just hanging out by the end of it. I couldn't say no, there was so little I knew.

"Cool. I said I'd meet Jon after school and hang around Starbucks until he's done with work."

"Alright," Shrugging I nodded and thought about what I might want later, "I guess I could go for a little Starbucks."

The teacher called us to attention and for the rest of the class we took a mock ACT test. After that the rest of the day went by, not too slowly, but not that quickly either. I had a mishap in chemistry and nearly burned my sleeve off, but other than that it was smooth sailing. With in the first five of minutes of the last bell ringing I had my backpack packed and was in my car waiting in line to get out of the school parking lot.

Somehow I Jon and Spencer beat me there. Spencer was ordering and I stood in line behind him. The store was rather dead, although it was after school on a Wednesday. Jon smiled at me and I stepped forward, ordering something, letting my gut press into the counter.

"Can you put the radio onto the school's station?" I asked after reading the clock behind Jon's head.

"The school has a radio station?" He raised and eyebrow and utter delight in his voice.

"Yeah, Patrick runs it after school. He plays the best songs."

"Well, I'm not supposed to turn if off of the CD, but…" I rocked on my feet grinning, "If someone else comes in I have to change it back. Our school has a radio station? Sch-weet!" He was really excited and left to change it.

I walked to the table Spencer had picked sipping my coffee. He already had books laid out in front of him and was blankly staring out of a window. I snorted and saw the few lines of math in front of him. They were right by the looks of it.

"Earth to Spin." I scooted my chair in and he didn't turn anything, but his eyes to look at me.

"This is so boring!" He whined and threw his head back.

"Here," I took was reading over the steps he had already done, "They are all right."

"Really? I don't even remember what I just did."

"Ok, well start it again." I suggested. He groaned and ripped out a new page from his notebook, "This time finish it all the way through." I knew Spencer, he wasn't ADD or ADHD, just stubborn. If he really didn't want to do something he didn't.

"What will happen if I don't?" He challenged before he set his pen down on paper.

I glanced around and shrugged, "You'll get it wrong and…I'll eat your cookie."

We laughed. Spencer cleared his throat and started on his work. Apparently that was a big enough threat, I scooted it closer to me. He raised he eyes from his paper and I coughed. A few minutes passed. I was enjoying listening to Patrick. He was witty, snobby, knowledgeable, and played great music. His co-DJ, Justin Pierre was just as funny, but often was in trouble, so he didn't make as many apperances. I'm pretty sure he was always high when he was on the air…

Jon was staring me down while he wiped down the tables around us. He let his mouth hang open a little and twitched his eye. I tried not to snicker because I knew Spin would loose concentration. Jon continued and I was beet red from holding in my laughter. It was so awkward it was hilarious.

The sound of rushing cars came spilling in the store and a tall blonde entered. Jon dropped his rag and cleaner and greeted the girl warmly. I was struck. She was really pretty, she had a borderline androgyny to her, don't get me wrong, she was highly feminine. It was the way she was so toned and athletic looking I think. Another girl followed, jingling her car keys on her fingers.

Spencer stopped what he was doing half-way through the problem and stared at the scene. He adjusted his hair again and turned to me. At first he wiggled his eyebrows, indicating the blonde girl, and then he remembered his cookie.

He grabbed for it, but I reached it first. I shoved it in my mouth and he tackled me off my chair. I nearly choked as I hit the floor and was cracking up. Jon and his friends were staring at us like we were crazy, which we were, but that's not the point.

"What the hell was that?" Jon stood over us, his friends were giggling and were watching us now.

"He ate my fucking cookie." Spencer pouted and stood up.

"I'll get you another one." I said with some chunks falling out of my mouth. Of course, it came out much differently and muddled. I pushed myself up using the table and fixed the chair.

"Well, I suppose I should introduce you to these freaks." Jon rested a hand on the second girl's back and motioned to the other one forward, "These are my friends Spencer," Jon waited as the girl and him exchanged small waves, "And Ryan." I bowed my head a little and wiped off my face. "Guys, this is my girlfriend Cassie and this is Keltie. "

"Hi there," Keltie gave a bashful introduction to the both of us, but never took her eyes off of me. Jon and Cassie were talking quickly to each other, without their eyes ever leaving each other's.

"So how do you know Jon?" Spencer asked and she finally broke the eye contact.

"Our dad's worked for the railroad together in Chicago. They both were moved here to Nevada."

"Nevada," I repeated correctly to myself. It pained me a little to hear such a pretty word with such a northern accent.

She somehow heard it and hit herself on the forehead, "Yeah, that's what I meant. I can't say it right to save my life."

"Yeah, anyways," Spencer pushed, "How come I haven't seen you in school?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"She lives in Spring Valley." Jon happily answered since his separate conversation was over and Keltie pucker her lips and squinted while nodding her head. It was quite funny.

The door opened again and Jon went back to behind the counter. Spencer and I sat back down, Keltie and Cassie quietly joined us. I could tell Spencer was trying to check Keltie out the whole time. The conversation was light and it meant that Spencer didn't get any work done. I really thought the girls were cool though. Once the costumer left Jon went back to pretending to wipe down tables and chatted with us. It wasn't that late when I had to leave after my dad called asking for the car.

But I feel like I could be a wonderful friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS IS NOT A FILLER

So for one thing Ryan is not going to be in a relationship with Keltie. For another she's not going to be betrayed (hopefully) as a bitch. And lastly, I think it is going to be quite humorous what ends up happening. So, don't freak out.

And hey, there don't think I don't see you, you silent subscribers : )
<3 ya Kayti (just getting that out of the way now)