‹ Prequel: August
Status: It's back! Active, but possibly slow updates depending on how inspired I feel.

Dear August

My Condolences September, the 30th

Chemistry is more than just a class.

I smiled down at my phone. Keltie was so weird. She listened really well and when she did talk she made me laugh. Quickly replying to her text I looked back up to the board. There were notes scribbled all over, I didn’t know where we were in them nor did I care. I had come to realize we’d been talking all week and I’d felt like I’d known her forever, but it never felt like I talked to her enough. It felt almost like I was talking to Brendon.

Speaking of which, Brendon and I had a few awkward short conversations, but I always felt like he was getting worse. His signs never went away, but I never asked because well, that was still a touchy subject and I didn’t know how long the symptoms lasted. I still enjoyed his company when I did get it. We said we’d call each other, but that didn’t really happen because I wasn’t sure if I should call him or if he was calling me.

I still had a lot I wanted to tell him and sometimes I regret that I didn’t the night he came over. I knew then that I’d have to do it sometime or I might never say it to him. Sighing I realized the kid next to me was staring at me. My phone had been buzzing in my hand for a while I guess.

I looked down.

”Hey! You should be my date for homecoming!”

It didn’t seem odd. I mean we were friends and I hadn’t made any moves, nor did I intend to at the dance, so it wouldn’t be weird. I didn’t feel the need to ask Brendon or clarify to Keltie that there’d be nothing going on.

”Yeah cool.”

The date was set. The rest of class went by and I found it strange that our school didn’t have a homecoming, but we did have a November dance. I guess it was cancelled because someone’s pranks got so out of hand that police had to be called in, plus no one would celebrate our football team coming home.

”The game is on Friday. Watch me cheer?”

Should I? I would feel weird going, it’s not like I’d know anybody. I’d be sitting in the stands alone watching a sport I didn’t like when I could be home-- doing nothing. Its not like William and I were hanging out anymore, Spencer was grounded for bad grades, Jon was with his girlfriend, I was friends with Pat, but not that good of friends, Vicky was way too cool for me, and Brendon was complicated.

”Sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
check it out because the tag system takes forever Taxidermy Hearts