What We Are

You Don't Know Who I Really Am

I drove home in my new mercedes convertible. I was smiling. Oh boy was I smiling and I couldn't stop. Not only did I get a new car, but I also have a date with Patrick. This was so exciting.

Bailey came in screaming that someone parked in our driveway again. Of course it never occurred to her that the Mercedes that she saw was actually mine. So, I calmly explained it to the poor girl.

"Bailey, calm down. My god." I said as she ranted like she usually does.

"Why should I?" She thrusted her fists around the air in a crazy like manner. "It's the fifth fucking time this month that someone else parked in our driveway."

"It's my car." I smirked as her mouth dropped open.

"No fucking way!" Bailey couldn't believe it.

"Yes fucking way!" She grabbed me by my arm and started pulling me out of the door and towards my new car.

"Oh my god, you got a Mercedes!" She beamed as she took my car keys and started opening the door. "Can I drive it?"

"How about let's save that for another day." I was too nervous to actually let anyone drive my car, but me.

“God, fine.” She huffed, once paranoid at me again. “You always spoil my fun.”

Well there goes the happy Bailey that I was looking forward to hanging out with. Now she won’t get to here everything that has happened to me. Oh well!

My phone started ringing and my smile grew.

“Hey Patrick.” I started absentmindedly picking at my shorts.

“Hey.”He sounded regretful, my heart dropped.

“Is everything okay?” My palms started sweating. I rubbed them on my shirt.

“I can’t go out with you anytime soon…”

“What?” The words were coarse against my tongue.

“I’m really sorry,” He started then continued, “but it’s just that-“

I cut him off. “Listen, if you don’t want to go out with me than just say it fucking straight out. I don’t need any of your lame ass excuses, okay?”

“Lauren I still-“ I hung up on him.

My eyes got teary. I couldn’t believe I was practically crying over a stranger.

A few seconds later my phone was ringing again. It was him. I just let it go straight to my voicemail. He called a couple more times before he finally gave up. He left me voicemails. I’ll listen to them later.

I walked into my living space and Bailey was blasting some music. The lead singer had a pretty nice voice, but I just dismissed. She didn’t even notice I was there.

I walked into my room and fell asleep.

This was a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay.
I was REALLY busy.
=/