Status: Finished - Most likely to be edited again

Always and Forever

Days Of Warm Wind

I stood behind the front desk of the studio anxiously watching the clock and tapping my foot waiting for the clock to strike twelve midday so I could go meet Brendon at the cafe.

In the past week a lot had happened. I had met with Brendon three more times in the cafe and shockingly enough he acted like a normal human being. He still never opened up or told me anything personal about himself but for some reason it seemed that he was letting his guard down. Sometimes, when the cafe was completely empty, late at night it almost felt like we were becoming friends, that we trusted and cared for each other. But of course once we were back at school we acted like we didn’t know each other, we couldn’t, we both had reputations to up hold.

“Gee Holly, wake up!” I tore my eyes away from the clock and saw Carla leaning over the desk.

“Sorry, my minds elsewhere” I said quietly.

Carla smiled “It has been all week, come on Holly, out with it, who is he?”

“Who’s what?” I asked attempting to sound clueless but also wishing the blush on my cheeks would hurry up and fade.

“Don’t give me that shit Hols, only two weeks ago you were begging me to give you extra shifts free of pay and now you’re counting down to the end of your shift. What, or should I say who is going on?”

I blushed even darker “It’s just a school project” I said quietly, hoping she’d drop the subject now.

She didn’t. “Unless you’re doing a school project on Brad Pitt I have no idea why you’re blushing like that.”

I rolled my eyes “If only we could do school projects on Brad Pitt, have you seen his new film?”

“Stop trying to change the subject, who’s your partner?”

I blushed again “Umm, a kid, c-called Brendon, B-Brendon Urie.”

“Brendon, Brendon” she said a few times, trying to remember where she had heard his name before “Wait a second, Brendon, Brendon who bashes his girlfriend, weird Brendon?”

I nodded turning bright red. “I don’t think he-”

“And you’re meeting this guy alone, at a cafe?”

I nodded again.

“Come on, it’s twelve, I’ll drive you down” she said reaching under the desk for her bag.

“Carla” I sighed “It’s really not necessary.”

“Yes it is, you are going to a cafe with a guy who you barely know but you have been told that he is abusive, and you like him which doesn’t help the situation.”

“I don’t like Brendon” I said ridiculously.

“Yes you do hun, get over it, if you didn’t you wouldn’t be blushing every time he was mentioned.”

I rolled my eyes and got into Carla’s car. Since she got married late last year she hasn’t seen her friends from California too often, she was in desperate need of some gossip and I was her source.

We pulled up to the cafe and both of us got out of the car “What are you doing?” I questioned suspiciously.

She smiled innocently “I feel like a coffee, and maybe a blueberry muffin.”

“You better not stay and watch me” I gasped.

She smiled again “Whatever gave you that thought?”

************

Brendon and I sat in a far corner of the cafe pouring over his laptop in a desperate search for information.

“Urrgh” Brendon yelled “I have no idea why I suggested this topic, punch me.”

“What? Why?” I said startled.

“Because I’m an idiot.”

I giggled, punching him softly in the arm.

He raised his eyebrows “Please don’t tell me that is the best you can do.” I rolled my eyes and punched him again “That’s more like it!” he smiled that smile again. “Hey, you know that girl you walked in with before?”

“What about her?”

“She keeps on looking over here weirdly.”

I rolled my eyes and turned around and sure enough there was Carla immediately looking away when I saw her.

I quickly excused myself and walked over to her booth “Okay mom, you’ve had your fun, it’s time to get going, you’re making Brendon feel awkward.”

“He’s actually really hot, I mean at first glance not really but the more you look at him the hotter he gets.” I glanced over at Brendon who was glaring at the computer screen. Maybe she was right.

I shook my head “Carla, stop being such a paedophile.”

“I am not a paedophile” she cried ridiculously, earning glares from other customers in the shop “Fine, maybe I am, okay, I’m going” she said tossing her foam cup into the bin on her way out.

*********

Upon sitting back down with Brendon I cursed loudly, Carla was my ride home. I tried calling my parents but of course, neither of them were answering their phones.

“I could drive you home” Brendon said simply after we decided it was getting a bit late. We had studied together for over six hours.

“Uh, on your motor bike?”

“Yeah, come on, I’ve got a spare helmet and everything.” He said simply.

“Umm, I don’t think so-”

“Why?” he teased “Are you too scared?”

“No I’m not!” I said stubbornly.

“Yes you are” he smiled harshly “if you weren’t scared than you would come.”

“It’s not tha-”

“Ohh, your daddy wouldn’t like it” he teased “Holly, you’re such a daddy’s girl.”

“No I am not” I said defensively.

“The ride home with me.”

“Fine!” by the looks of it not only had I shocked myself in saying that, I had shocked Brendon too.

I placed the heavy helmet over my head and climbed onto the bike “Alright, hold on tight, since you’re so brave I’m gonna see if I can get you home in under ten minutes.”

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he started the motor bike “Brendon!” I cried just before he took off.

“Yeah!” he yelled over the noise of his bike.

“P-please don’t go too fast, please, I’m really scared.” I said.

He smiled, kicking off and driving away from the cafe. I knew he was driving much slower than he usually would but still, the sound of cars rushing past me so quickly and the wind so strong around me were too much. I squealed and buried my head in Brendon’s back as soon as he took off; I could feel him laughing the whole way home.

Once I was home, I received probably the biggest lectures I had ever received in my life. Not that I cared, nothing could wipe the smile off my face. That night I went to bed, an image of Brendon in my mind. Maybe I was beginning to fall for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
naww, I did not like this chapter at all. If this story is getting too cutesy then please tell me and I will change it lol. Wow, I have some pretty amazing readers :) Keep up the comments this chapter is ahead of schedual because of you guys :)
Next Update: This time tomorrow (though comments do make me write and post faster)