Can I Ever Really Love You

Going To See Frank

Normal POV

Were almost in New Jersey. We have like one more day and well be there. I’m getting more excited everyday. I’m just waiting to hear from my dad saying he’s going to kill me for leaving but he hasn’t so I think I’m in the clear right now. We pulled over for the final time to sleep. We got a hotel and I fell asleep fast. Me and Gerard only talked when we ate and when we were lost or we both wanted to talk to each other. I woke up bright an early and went and got breakfast and coffee. When I came back Gerard was still sleeping. He woke up a bit after and went straight for the coffee.
“Coffee”
“Um ok” I said laughing
“What I love coffee” he said sipping the coffee.
“Ok um gerard can we leave soon”
“Yea why?”
“I just want to get to Jersey faster”
“Ok”
“Are there any apartments open up there?”
“I don’t know but if you want you can live with me and Mikey for a while”
“Ok just till I find another job and apartment”
“Ok and have you told Frank were gonna be in town”
“No I want to surprise him”
“What you tell him then?”
“I told him I wasn’t going to be able to come to New Jersey cause there is to much for me here I can’t just pack up and leave”
“You shouldn’t have done that”
“Lie to him why?”
“He’ll get depressed… like he did when you left”
“What did he do?”
“Nothing really he just locked himself up in his house and didn’t leave at all.”
“Why didn’t you tell me this earlier”
“You never brought it up before”
“Oh well thanks if you would have told me I wouldn’t have lied to him bout me coming back”
“Well we’ll be home soon enough so you can surprise Frank” he said and finished his coffee.
“Ok let’s go” he said and we hoped in the car and drove to Jersey. We pulled over once so Gerard could go to the bathroom. We didn’t eat because I wouldn’t let Gerard because I want to get to Jersey faster. We got there at 7pm. I told Gerard to go in and make sure Frank wasn’t at his house that way I could get my things in the garage. No one was at his house so I put my truck in the garage and took something’s into his house and went to one of the spare rooms. I stayed in the room until Mikey came home alone then I ran down the stairs and hugged him.

“Sarah your actually here” he asked
“Yes and I’m here to stay”
“Franks gonna be so happy you’re here I’m gonna call him and tell him to come over”
“No mikey don’t”
“Why?”
“I’m gonna go over to his house and surprise him later”
“You should go now he’s not in a good state right now”
“What do you mean by that?”
“He’s severely depressed”
“Fine I’ll go over to his house now” I said grabbing my jacket and putting my shoes on.
“Sarah if you don’t want to go don’t were not making you.” Mikey said
“Well everyone is telling me he is depressed so I am going to get him out of it” I said and walked out the door only to run into matt.
“Hey matt” I said and kept walking he didn’t say anything and went inside. I walked to Frankie’s house and when I got there I saw the lights were all off but I saw a flickering in the living room.