Status: Getting There Slowly

Dirty Sunshine

Chapter 2

Jacob's Pov

"wow Washington that's far, did you take a cab or something.?" Justine asked

"no i walked."

"are you serious, you must be exhausted."

"a little. so what's your story?" i asked her eagerly

"there's not much to tell, i lived here my whole live with my mom and her boyfriend. my dad lives in California but we really don't have a relationship. "

"i don't mean to be rude but i kind of wanted to hear about you and your boyfriend."

"oh well me and Derek have been together for a little over a year. at first things were great, he treated me like i was his world, but for the past couple of months he has gotten really obsessive. telling me what i can do and who i can talk to. i consistently tell myself i deserve better, but I'm scared if i leave him he will hurt himself, or me. "

"i really don't know what to say. I'm sorry to hear that."

"well here we are." she said as we walked up her drive way. "i should go" i told her turning to walk back to the clearing and continue on my way. " no please stay, we have an extra room you can stay here so you aren't just wondering through who knows how may more states." i smiled at her voice it was so kind and inviting. "I'm not to sure your mom would like that."

"trust me she is going to welcome you with open arms. shes the sweetest person you will ever meet." she unlocked the front door and led me inside. "Mom....Gregg.." she yelled as i closed the door behind me. "in here Hun"

"come on." she started toward the living room but i stayed put. i felt uncomfortable. Justine stopped and turned back to face me. "whats wrong?"

"i feel like I'm intruding in a way." she walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "you are not intruding i invited you to stay." she let go of my hand and i followed her to the other room. "hey hunny how was the party..oh who's your friend.?" her mom asked turning herself on the couch to face us. "Jacob Black." i said holding out my hand.

Justine's Pov

Jacob held out his hand politely. she reached over the couch and shuck his hand. " it is very nice to meet you Jacob. I'm Rachel and this is my boyfriend Gregg."

"hey" Gregg said nodding his head. Jacob did the same gesturing a hello. "Jacob ran away from home and he needs a place to stay so i invited him to stay here."

"you know running away doesn't fix anything, but you are welcome to stay here as long as you need," my mom told him with a warm smile. "thank you" Jacob said gratefully. "its getting late i will show you to your room. good night mom, good night Gregg."

"goodnight love." Gregg said not turning away from the t.v. i grabbed Jacob's hand and pulled him up the stairs. "thank you for letting me stay." he said as we reached the top of the stairs. " no problem you were ready to defend me with out even knowing me its the least i can do. i told you my mom was sweet."

"yeah she is. Gregg and her seem so different."

"they are complete opposites but that's what makes them so perfect." i walked over to the cabinet and pulled out some extra blankets, " here you go its probably going to get a little cold tonight."

"thank you"

"enough with the thank yous."

"okay." he chuckled. i turned on the light that was on top of the night stand and finally got a moment to get a good look at Jacob. he was..gorgeous. i knew i was staring but i couldn't take my eyes off of him. "Justine?"

"oh huh?"

"are you okay?"

"oh yeah sorry, i just finally got to look at you."

"and what do you think?" i laughed out of nervousness. "good night Jacob." i said walking past him. "Good night" he said as i closed the bedroom door.