I'm Not Okay Without You

Pinned Under Gerard

Chapter 37
Frank’s POV

After a while I took the gun out of Gerard’s hand and set it on the coffee table in front of us. Silent tears slid down his cheeks and onto my shirt. Having no idea what to do, I gently rocked us back and forth, whispering sweet nothings in his ear and kissing him through his hair every now and then. After a long time, Gerard’s tears stopped coming, but he still held onto me, as if I were a floating piece of debris and he was drowning. He held onto me like that for a long time, and after a while I shifted our positions so we were lying down. When I began moving Gerard whimpered and tightened his grip on me. I laughed softly and pulled him down so he was laying with his head on my chest
A couple of times I tried to move or get up, but Gerard wouldn’t have it. He’d whimper and tighten his grip for a while. Then when he’d loosened it I’d try to get up again, and the cycle would start over. This made me laugh a few times, just because of how cute and possessive he was being, half asleep but still demanding that I stay with him. After a while of me not moving, Gerard’s breathing evened out and his hands loosened intensely, almost making it possible for me to get out. Almost. Sighing, I glanced over at the coffee table and noticed… my phone! Leaning over as far as I could, I managed to grab it off the table. Gerard stirred slightly, but didn’t move much, not even opening his eyes. Breathing a soft sigh of relief, I quickly turned the volume down and dialed Ray’s number.
“Hello?” he answered, sounding far away. It took me a minute, but I finally figured out why.
“Ray, am I on speaker phone?” I asked softly.
“Yeah.” I almost could see him nodding slightly. “The guys wanted to know who was calling. They’re under the impression I have some kind of stalker.” Mikey giggled in the background, and Bob’s voice said, “We don’t think; we know” sending Mikey into a giggle fit again.
“Mikey thinks it’s a guy, huh?” I whispered, smirking slightly. Mikey snorted, giving up stifling his incessant giggling and bursting out into a fit of laughter. Ray sighed, as if the only sane person in a room full of idiots.
“He thinks it’s a guy.” I laughed quietly. “Back to the matter at hand,” Ray continued, changing the subject. “Why’d you call?”
“Oh, um… guys… can you come help me…?” I whispered, feeling my cheeks flush red.
“What happened? Gerard got you pinned?”
“Yeah…” This answer caused a fit of laughter to break out between all my band mates. “It’s not funny! I can’t feel my legs.” Ray seemed to sober up a bit and shush the guys.
“Why?” he asked, still laughing slightly.
“I’ve been in the same position for a couple hours.”
“Kinky,” Bob said, before Mikey shushed him though bouts of giggles.
“Shut up, it’s not funny!” I demanded. Just then Gerard crawled over me and stood up, beginning to walk to the stairs. Well, in the general direction of the stairs, anyway. He actually started to walk into the walls.
“You know it is! We don’t know where you are, or what you’re doing. For all we know you’re bent over a—” Bob had been saying, but I cut him off.
“Never mind, I have to go. Gerard’s running into walls.”
“You can get a concussion doing that,” Bob said warningly, though he was still laughing.
“Yeah, yeah. I have to go stop Gerard from killing himself via running into things.”
“Alright,” Ray said, Mikey and Bob still laughing it up in the background. “See ya!”
“Bye,” I returned, closing the phone and walking toward where Gerard was. Well, he was finally at the steps… but his foot had caught the edge and he was now lying on the steps. I laughed again before helping him up. When I looked at his face I noticed his eyes were closed.
“Gerard you are so weird. Why don’t you just open your eyes?” I asked, still laughing slightly.
“Too tired,” he mumbled. I just laughed again before helping him up the stairs and to his room. It seemed like once he hit the mattress he was out cold. I laughed slightly, shaking my head as him. After pulling off my clothes, save for my boxers, I climbed in bed next to Gerard and pulled his clothes off. Tight girl pants aren’t exactly the most comfortable things to sleep in. Neither are zip-up hoodies with safety pins in them, for that matter. When that was finished I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. After staying like that for a while, Gerard surprised me by rolling on top of me. For a moment I stared at him, bewildered, but then he put his lips to mine and I felt my eyes close. He got more aggressive with each passing moment, and it sent shock waves of pleasure down my spine. I knew he shouldn’t be doing this when he was so weak, though. Reluctantly, I put my hand to his cheek. He seemed to melt under my touch and lost some of his aggression.
“Babe, I think we should wait until you have more energy,” I whispered gently. Slight hurt was apparent in his eyes, but it faded when he began speaking.
“But I need you,” he whispered back, smirking playfully.
“No, Gee, not tonight, okay? Just rest.” The hurt returned.
“Fine,” he said, forgetting to whisper all together and rolled off of me. Aw, damn, now I went and got him all pissed off at me. Sighing inwardly, I touched him on his cheek again, letting my hand trail down to his chest. Leaving my hand there, I leaned over and captured his lips. I kissed him a few times, taking a moment to suck in some air before crashing out lips together for a second time. About the fifth time I let our lips collide, Gerard didn’t do anything. Pulling back slightly, I looked at him. His eyes were closed and he looked like he was asleep.
“Gerard?” I whispered, shaking him slightly. “Come on, that’s not funny,” I insisted.
“Gee? This isn’t cool. Get up.” Still, he made no moved.
“If you don’t get up I’m going back to my house,” I threatened harshly. He still wasn’t moving.
“Gerard?” I whispered, losing my voice as fear took over my head. What if he was dead? What if Ally had poisoned him while I wasn’t looking? What if she had spiked something he ate or drank? Then it would be all my fault if he died.
“Gerard!” I practically screamed, shaking him hard. “It’s not funny! Get up!” He still wasn’t moving on his own. Scooting away from him, I brought my knees up to my chest, put my arms on them, and buried my head in the crook of my elbow, shaking slightly.
“Just get up,” I whispered, pleading. “Just please get up…”