Little Miss Blue Dress

Early Mornings

This week went by so fast. I mean literally, I woke up did my chores, then went back to sleep. I hadn't had a chance to talk to any of my Spaniard friends since I was making errands and or cleaning Fernando's huge house. This time I cleaned every single part of it, you know. I moved his bed and vaccumed that, then I put it back. Let me tell you, that was very hard work. A king sized bed.. that who knows slept on it, all by myself! It was incredible how much strength I had. This whole entire week, Fernando had been coming extra late since he had a game against Italy tomorrow. I hadn't realized that the Eurocup had been going on when I was here. Of course Fernando had been going to the games. Coming and leaving, but I just never noticed! I was so not keeping track on how they were doing. Apparently he was leaving tonight and coming back tomorrow night. He was only going to be gone for a day which wasn't that bad. I'd barely seen him anyway because of his training and my working. Usually when he got home I was already asleep since I would wake up when he was just leaving and be finished just when he was about arrive home. I'd make his dinner and leave it on the table, as soon as he came through the door I'd head to my room. We didn't really speak much after he told me that Olalla wanted to talk to him in person. To help him understand why she did the thing that she did. It's not even my business to care you know? I just don't want to see him get hurt. He's a cool guy and if he just gets hurt more than he is now.. that wouldn't be really good. Although, something good has come out of this experience that he's had. Fernando is taking the anger out onto the field. I mean. Seriously. I would do the same thing! After fifteen years of being best friends with someone and then find out that they cheat on me, would make me want to be angry as well. <br>

It was Friday. Right now. Today. I think the team was not having a training day due to the last ones that have been so harsh and they needed to pack and stuff, so I offered to help Fernando pack. It wasn't a lot since it was just for a day, but I still offered to help just because I hadn't talked to him all week. At least not a lot. Right now.. it was around six in the morning since I could not go to sleep. Mostly because I had a really bad headache so I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen and got an aspirin. This was so annoying.. I needed something cold on my head so I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and put it on my forehead. Well.. that was sort of helping, but not really. It's not like it was hot, because it wasn't. It was cool and refreshing, like it always is in the morning. The oxygen is so fresh that it feels so nice outside, so I decided to go outside onto the porch to look at the sunrise. The wind was blowing softly, blowing my hair out of proportion. The curls just kept coming back.. maybe it was the Spain weather that made them do that. It's just.. so weird. Most of the time it was wavy, but no. Here it had to be super curly. Stupid weather from Spain. As I made my way to the porch I noticed that someone was outside already. Oh man.. now I had to be out there with some stranger..Ugh. Whatever. I opened the door and found Fernando sitting on the steps. Why wasn't he sitting on the chairs? That would be a good question to ask.

So, bottle in hand that was on my forehead and everything I sat down next to him on the stairs and asked him, '"Hola Fernando. Por que no te sientas en las sillas? (Hi Fernando. Why don't you sit on the chairs?)" The sun was beginning to rise, "Por que no quiero sentarme ahi. Me gustan las escaleras. (Because I don't want to sit there. I like the stairs.)" He looked like he was thinking about something really hard, but I didn't want to bother him.. what should I do? I asked him about it. That was okay right? It's what friends did. "Y en que piensas? (And what are you thinking about?)" I asked him quietly, I didn't want to disturb the silence that was so peaceful right now. '"Te digo la verdad? En Olalla. No se que hacer.. quiere venir al juego de Italia para poder hablar, no se si seria una buena idea. (Tell you the truth? About Olalla. I don't know what to do.. she wants to go to the game in Italy so we can talk, but I don't know if it's a good idea.)" He told me. My head started pounding even more since now I had to think about how that would go. Not that it bothered me.. did it? I didn't know! "Pues. Si tu quieres.. pero creo que seria mejor que hablaran despues del partido. No mas para que no te preocupes para que nada pase. (Well. If you want.. but I think it would be better for you guys to talk after the match. Just so you don't worry so nothing happens.)" I told him as best as I could. I couldn't really tell him what to do since I wasn't him.. I just told him what I thought would be the best idea. "Si. Creo que estas correcta. (Yes. I think you are correct.)" He smiled at me. It was too early in the morning to be thinking about this! He saw my head was covered by the water bottle, so he asked, "Por que tienes una botella de agua en tu cabeza? (Why do you have a water bottle on your forehead?)" "Por que me duele la cabeza. (Because my head hurts.)" I laughed. Oh that made my head worse. I groaned and he all of the sudden looked concerned.

"Ya tomaste aspirina? (You already took an aspirin?)" He asked quietly, taking the water bottle off my hand and replacing it with his other hand. Let me tell you, his hand. Was so hot, and smooth, and soft, yet rough. Why did he have to be so good looking again? The only thing I could do was nod, and the sun started to rise again. The wind started picking up and it got my hair out of the ponytail, making it go wild. What was up with this weather? It felt just a little bit better, since the contrast between hot and cold made it feel nice. " Hm. You should lay down. You can lay down on my bed while I pack. What time does the plane leave?" He asked as he took his hand away. " One." I said as I got up, he got up after me and I went inside. Once we reached his room, his bed was unmade. I went over and started to make it, when he spoke, "No. Don't worry about that. Lay down." I did as he instructed.. I can't argue with my boss. Your boss. I repeated in my mind. It was just wrong man. Ugh! Fernando went to his closet and then he came back with a duffel bag. I sat on his bed and watched him throw the clothes that he wanted onto the bag. My hands touched his clothes and I folded them neatly. "Dobla bien. ( Fold it right!)" I laughed at him. "Uh. No." He laughed, but didn't touch the clothes that I had put into the bag. "Y como estas? No he hablado contigo en toda la semana. (And how are you? I haven't talked to you all week.)" Fernando asked me. "Bien. Limpiando tu casa por que es muy grande. Hablar con la madre. Eso es todo. (Good. Cleaning your house that is huge. Talk to my mom. That's it.)" I responded. " That's good. Practice has made me so tired. Tomorrow we better win or else I will be really mad." He laughed.

It was only nine in the morning.

What the hell? Why was it so early? Sleep sounded so nice right now. If I could actually do that.. "A que horas te tengo que llevar al aeropuerto? (What time do I have to take you to the airport?)" I yawned while asking Fernando. He was done packing now and was sitting on his bed. I had layed down just because his bed was comfier than mine. "No me tienes que llevar para nada! Pepe me viene a recoger y despues vamos para alla. Tranquila. (You don't have to take me at all! Pepe is picking me up and then we're going over there. Relax.)" I nodded as I looked at his eyes. Today they were a dark chocolate brown, not so light I think because there wasn't a sun. To make them shine and sparkle. Fernando smiled at me and I smiled back because it was the only thing I knew how to do right now. I was still sore from yesterday seeing as I had never done a workout that extreme because it took the breath out of me. At least my headache was gone, and I could see now! That was good, I don't know what to say at the moment because he's just staring at me. I mean. What do you say to that? "Que paso? (What happened?)" I asked him as I cocked my head to the side. "Nothing." He said, I thought I saw a little color in his cheek, but I wasn't sure. "Que quieres hacer? (What do you want to do?)" I asked him yet another question. Sometimes I wondered if he got tired of my questions. "No se. Tenemos un par de horitas. (I don't know. We have a couple of hours.)" Well that was obvious. I looked around his room and it turned out that I had cleaned it very well. After this game, they didn't have anybody else to play, they just needed to wait and see who was going to make it to the finals. I think. I wasn't even sure, all I know was that they needed to win against Italy to see who was going to make it to the finals. "Um. Quieres hacer desayuno? (Um. Do you want to make breakfast?)" I asked him, I didn't know what else to ask him. These past few days made me feel like a stranger with him, an intruder in his house. "Bueno." He smiled, I got up and we went downstairs.

I never noticed what he was wearing. Just a pair of shorts and t-shirt. What most people wear to sleep.

Once we got the kitchen I took out some eggs, while Fernando got the flour. Pancakes were in the make so I got the bowl and cracked the eggs, watched the liquid go into it the bowl and started mixing it. "Hey Fernando? Can you put my ipod in the speaker deal? I can't stand the silence." Fernando nodded and played the first song that was there. It was Vayamos Companeros by Marquess. I laughed and told Fernando, "This song reminds me of you guys as a team." He laughed and started putting the mix in the bowl making me work harder to get it right. It wasn't hard, just tedious. My mouth opened and I started singing along and laughing. This was so much fun. When it was just like this. Just doing something fun together.. with him. Damn you Fernando Torres. "Tu sabes. No eres la persona que pensaba que eras. (You know. You're not the person I thought you were.)" I told him as I looked him in the eyes. Fernando stared right back at me and gave a confused look. "Well. You know what they say! Footballers are.. jerks and such. At least from what I've heard. They got huge egos and they think that everything is about them and blah blah blah." I said as I continued mixing the ingredients together. "Most of us are, but I don't know. I can't say anything about that since I'm perfectly capable of acting that way, and most of the time.. I do. I mean. When I'm in the game and stuff, not when I'm with people that I care about or anything." He said. God. Did that mean that he was going to treat me like that? Would I have to put up a guard against him? I didn't really want to think about that right now. For all I knew is that he was being nice to me and that's all that mattered. This moment. "You're English is getting better. Have you been practicing?" I asked him laughing. "Maybe." He smiled as he got the stove ready.

The doorbell rang. Who could it be?

I went and opened the door. "Pepe Reina! Entra! Entra! (Pepe Reina! Enter! Enter!)" I hugged him as he entered throught he door. "Hola muñeca, como estas? (Hi doll, how are you?)" He asked me as he was walking towards the kitchen. "Un poquito cansada pero de resto bien. Que sorpresa! Por que estas aqui tan temprano? (A little bit tired but otherwise I'm good. What a surprise! Why are you here so early?)" Pepe sat down on the bar and Fernando sat down next to him. Both of them greeted each other, and then Pepe looked at me. "Como asi? Fernando no te dijo que lo tenia que recoger? (What do you mean? Fernando didn't tell you that I had to pick him up?)" I nodded, "Si, si me dijo.. pero no entiendo por que estas aqui? (He did, but I don't understand why you're here?)" "No mas por visita. Tenemos como una hora antes de que nos tengamos que ir y queria verte por que no te eh visto en toda la semana. (Just for a visit. We have an hour before we have to go and I wanted to see you because I haven't seen you all week.)" I smiled at how nice he was. The pancakes were ready so I got three plates and set them on the table, while Fernando put the pancakes in a big plate so we could choose which ones we wanted. We all sat down and I smiled at Pepe. He asked me how I was and I answered just the same as I had answered Fernando. I didn't really know what to say, and it wasn't awkward.. just weird. Pepe spoke first, "Y as conocido alguna persona aqui? Osea, un chico? Hmm? (Have you met anybody here? Like, a boy? Hmm?)" I looked at Pepe. Maybe. You know him already. "Nomas como un poco de amigos ahi. Pero en realidad no. (Only a few friends, but in reality. No.)" I said. I looked at Fernando. He looked at me. There was an intensity in his eyes that I had no idea what it meant. I couldn't tell what they wanted, so I looked away again and finished my food. "Well, that sucks. I'm surprised. Someone like you and no boys? Haha. If I was single and not married to Yolanda, I would most definitely ask you out." I looked away from Pepe and nodded. His English surprised me yet again. What was up with that? "My, my. you footballers surprise me every single time! I didn't know you spoke English. And thanks." I smiled.

Now they had to go.

"Watch us on television tomorrow at three. That's when we play the game." Pepe said as he gave me a hug. I hugged him back, and then Fernando came up to me. "What he said." His smile was so soft. I smiled back and gave him a hug. Somehow it felt like it was going to be more than just a day that we were not going to see each other. His arms went around my waist, but he pulled me against him tight. I closed my eyes as this hug was the most intimate thing I had felt in my entire live. It passed, the moment was gone, he looked at me again and took his bag. My eyes staring right into his as he walked backwards to the car.

They were whispering words to let him stay, but I knew that he had to leave. He had to leave to go win and then he would soon come back so I could see his brown eyes once again. They left. I went back into the house, and decided to call Carlos. "Hola!" He responded. "Que quieres hacer? No tengo nada para hacer ahorita. Nadie esta en la casa. La tengo para mi sola hasta el Domingo. (What do you want to do? I don't have anything to do right now. Nobody's home. I have the house until Sunday.)" I told him. He laughed and then just came over so we could do whatever friends did. Mercedes, Lolita, and Miguel got there a few hours later, and we just had a fun night at the house. Playing poker, Rumikub, ordering food. Not having to care about anything and just having a good time. Once they left it was pretty late. Around eleven or so.. well okay. That's not late but I was tired anyway. I was about to go upstairs so I could sleep, but then the doorbell rang. Who was coming to this house this late? At this time? I went to it.

What in the world was Olalla Dominguez doing here?

Image