Let's Get Reckless.

No Words

Image

Seriously, it was cold out here. Malibu winds were being unkind, even if I was bundled in a blanket. They were filming something right now so I decided to go walk down the street or something. Away from everything so there wouldn’t be pictures. A The N kid at a Disney music video shoot? I think not. Even though I might be switching soon when my record deal comes, I was still true to my network.

About ten minutes Miley texted me, saying they were done. With a sigh, I went back. When the park came in sight I could see Miley, Nick, and Demi laughing about something, Selena talking to Kevin and Joe. You can already guess who I was going to talk to.

“Sup, Jamie. Where’d you go?” Miley asked as I sat next to her on the couch, my blanket still secure around my shoulders.

“Just walking.” I shrugged, with a smile. “Hey,” I greeted Demi and she hugged me.

“Long time no see. I heard you’re filming in Hawaii.” She said, the eager look in her eyes it seemed she always had. So fun and happy. Reckless and energetic. Hmmm, it made me feel a little bit jealous.

“Mhm. It’s really nice. The only downside is being out of California. I start to miss it.” I noticed Nick just sort of looked at me, as if evaluating me or something. Like he wasn’t sure if I was… I don’t know, nice?

“Um. Hi Nick.” I greeted, hoping he would stop. A smile reached his face.

“Nice to see you, Jamie.”

He still seemed a little precautious. I hoped his analyzation would stop soon, though.

“I cannot believe you’re going to be out there all that time. That’s like giving a kid ice cream as a punishment!” Demi threw her hands up. The sky was getting darker and our conversation was still going steady. Nick stopped looking at me like I wasn’t friendly and warmed up.

“That’s what Miley said,” I rolled my eyes, ”She doesn’t have to deal with the co stars. Some of them or sorty rude or just… unlikeable?” I had no words to describe Melanie without being rude. She was a snotty girl, even though she wasn’t as famous as me, she talked down at me. Her only movie was a fake blockbuster called the The Cantina. Watch it I swear you’ll love it, she told me. Please, I wouldn’t even look its way.

It was quiet for a minute, knowing smirks on all three faces. Weird. It was like-wait a minute! Miley. Big mouth.

“I’m talking about Melanie Statz.” I said, hoping they would get the obvious person I was talking about. I mean, it was Nick’s brother. He shouldn’t have to hear how stupid Joe is.

“Mhm, sure Jamie.” Miley said sarcastically. Ohhh did I wanna punch her face. Shut it!

“It’s funny, ‘cause Joe said that you’re a total snob. Didn’t even wanna costar with you anymore. I wonder why, you don’t even seem bad.” He said, clearly speaking without thought.

“Nick.” Miley muttered, elbowing him.

“Oh freak, Miley.” He clutched his rib. Grimacing.

“I figured he’d say something like that. Joe doesn’t know me. We’ve never had a conversation longer than a minute. Please.” I said, knowing my words were sort of harsh and my face possessing an even meaner look.

“It’s whatever, J. It’s nothing to be mad over. Joe is just mad about-“ She cut herself off. And nobody made eye contact.

That was a long time ago.” I said digging my nails into my palm.

“It-it doesn’t change how he feels about it.” Miley sighed.

“I was drunk!” I whispered harshly.

“But it still happened.” Nick said this time. It was quiet again before my phone rang.

“Jamie Madden.” I announced, pressing the ‘TALK’ button.

“Jamie, where are you? I’m supposed to be coming over to brief you at home and your mom says your gone. And with Miley, too!” Margaret screeched.

“She invited to to see their music video they’re making. We’re on our way back now.” I said, standing up. My legs felt a little weak but I was fine.

“Hurry up. And don’t bring her home with you. I’ll kill her.” And knowing Margaret’s low tolerance, she was not lying.

“Yes, Margaret. See you later on.” I hung up.

“Let’s go, Miley.” I helped her off the ground, Demi and Nick rising also.” Margaret’s coming over and I need to be there before her.”

“That women friggin’ hates me.” She said and I didn’t deny. Miley was supposed to my competition. No, Selena Gomez doesn’t even come to par. Demi does, though. But how could anyone not like Demi Lovato? Her spirit is just… amazing.

“Bye, Jamie. Call me sometime.” Demu hugged me as I left.

“Of course.” That wasn’t a lie. I probably would talk to Demi while I was away.

“See ya later, Jamie. Maybe we’ll come visit you down there.” Nick hugged me. I was glad I was at least his height seeing I was two years older.

“Please do.” I said, sincerely.

“What? I didn’t know you liked us. “ He said sort of shocked.

“No, it’s not like that. Well with you at least. You’re the more likeable out of the group.” I shrugged.

“Funny. That’s usually what Joe is.”

“Nope. You don’t talk a lot. Just perfect.”

“Thanks.” He smiled. I waved to them before starting towards the car.

“Wait, Jamie!” Miley yanked my arm.” We have to say bye to Joe and Kevin.”

The look on my face must’ve told her that wasn’t happening.

“Fine. Just Kevin for you. He’s nice.” She pulled me over. Joe’s eyes spotted me and a grimace came to his face.

“We’re heading out. Jamie has to go get briefed.” She explained, smiling to Joe, Kevin, and Selena. His grimaced instantly changed.

“See you later, little sister” He pulled her in for a huge hug. One that made my stomach quench. Why couldn’t he be nice to me like that? Oh right, he did treat you like that. Or at least tried to. You pushed him away. So that’s why you’re treated like a plague.

“Nice of you to come watch us,” Kevin stuck his hand out for me to shake. I took it and firmly followed his action. I haven’t really said anything to the eldest Jonas, but I didn’t wanna be around him too long. I was more than positive Joe has trashed my name so bad to his family.

“Yes. I hope I see you guys again.” I smiled feebly, his warm smile making it awkward for me.

“Hopefully we can hang out one day.” Selena said cheerily. Hah. Funny.

“Of course! I’d love to plan a day.” I smiled back, my tone just as cheery and bubblegum as hers. Everyone bought my reply, even if it was fake as Payless Shoes. After that goodbye I turned and curtly walked right by Joe finally getting to my car.

--

“Okay Jamie, everything I’m about to say is important. Listen up. Tomorrow you have a interview with PopStar. New movie stuff. Seventeen magazine photoshoot after that. As soon as that’s over, shoot on down to Hollywood Records to meet your music manager. His name is Milo Davis and from our conversation, he’s good. That night is Michael Cera’s birthday party at Club Dominico. They are allowing all the under 21’s to go, like they could discriminate us anyway. Michael loves you. You hanging out with the birthday boy would get us publicity. Ohhh, Good stuff,too. Yes , do that. Hug him in camera view.”

“But Margaret that’s how the rumors start. I thought you said-“

“Forget what I said before, this is what I’m saying now. I’m telling you to do this so its different. You flirt without my O.K and then we have a problem. Remember that, Jamie.” She said and wiped her hands on a napkin before picking up her BlackBerry to go through. I sighed. The time I’ve been in the spotlight I’ve kept quiet and only did what I was supposed to-succeed. Rumors hurt you, was the main thing I was always told and always saw. Reckless behavior was brought to the light when you were Hollywood’s favorite. That’s what kept me in line all this time. My title is of up most importance to me, my image.

“This whole week is about letting everyone know you’re starring in a movie. Oh and those shitheads finally told me that you’re co-star is Joe Jonas. C I know you were speechless when you found out. That kid is… I have no words. Can’t decide if he’s good or bad. What do you think?” She stopped and looked at me.

“Ummm. I don’t know yet. He seems really nice.” I said, quietly shrugging. Yes, Joe was being an asshole to me, but I didn’t want to get him in trouble. He doesn’t need any more reason to hate me.

“Well keep hanging out with him. This is a big movie. Show Me What It Means To Live. Nice title. We need your acting on point, so you have to get a connection with the Jonas.”

“M’kay.” I nodded. I suddenly felt overwhelmed.” Is that all, Margaret? I’m sorta tired.”

“Let me see… yes. Up by 7:30 so the driver can have you at PopStar by 8:30. Latest. I’ll check in tomorrow. Sleep.” She dismissed me. My mom had long dismissed herself from this conversation and now the time was 11:23. Not unusual for Margaret. The overwhelming feeling got bigger and I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep. No noise was there to keep my up. I covered up in the blankets and pressed my eyes together, hoping sleep would come fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
i like this chapter.

note it at the end: she's starting to fall out of her element. and she feels bad for how her and Joe turned out. i can't wait to get to the next best part in the story. like....two? chapter awayy?.
we'll see.