Let's Get Reckless.

Don't Wanna Hurt Nobody

“Do you know why she came at you like that?” Denise asked once we were all inside, me wrapped up in a towel since I was still wet.

“Well she was screaming at Joe and I tried to help her calm down.” I shrugged. I didn’t mention the reason why she was screaming. It was down right uneccessary. Plus, Denise already got to thinking Camilla was crazy. Let’s not ruin that.

“I don’t even know what to say.” She shook her head, “I’m so sorry that happened, Jamie Honey. Really, I feel like it’s my fault.”

“Of course not! It’s no ones fault. I think she may have been stressed out. I know her life is pretty fast paced right now with her moves and such.” I reassured Denise. I couldn’t believe she was feeling at fault. She was too sweet.

“Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I didn’t hit you already, Joe!” She smacked his arm.

“Ow, Mommy! What was that for?” He pouted.

“For not doing anything. I raised you better than that!” She hit him again. I laughed, looking at Nick, knowing he thought it was funny too. Oddly enough though, he was staring at me. I gave him a questioning look and he shook his head, signaling for ‘later’. But I already knew what this was about, making my laugh stop. I had been nervous ever since Nick pulled us away and looked at me.

Of course Nick was sure to suspect. Suspect more than he already did. He didn’t really knowanything. Not for sure. But he did find me and Joe sleeping, me not wearing any pants. He had enough since to know to wake us up when Camilla arrived. Yeah, Nick would be wanting some answers.

I bit my lip and drew patterns on the table. I didn’t know if I was nervous for the fear him ratting or his judgement of it. How would Joe look to him once it was confirmed he was cheating on his girlfriend. I was desparately wondering if we could getaway with a half truth. That this relationship we had going hadn’t been a thing for months like it has. How much could we hide?

I was so lost in my thoughts, I jumped once someone took hold of my tracing finger.

“Whoa. Earth to Reina.” Joe smiled beautifully so my jumbled thoughts actually left my mind and tried to mimick the gesture. “You wanna get something else to wear?”

“Yeah,” I said softly, careful not to grab for his hand. Instead he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. We walked up the steps quietly, my thoughts coming back. I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and watched my feet until we were at his room.

“I’m sorry.” He said simply, looking into my eyes once I raised my head. He had waited until we were alone to show he was sorry.

“S’alright. Not your fault.” I shrugged, laughing a little. I dropped my towel and went over to his closet, looking for my favorite hoodie to put on. My fingers grazed each one while I searched.

“Yes it is.” He sighed, wrapping his arms around my stomach and resting is head on my shoulder.

“No. It takes two to tango. We can’t help what happens with the choices we make.” I said, finding what I was looking for it. Joe pressed his lips to my neck. I knew he was stressed out. He didn’t want to hurt anyone. I don’t deserve such a guy.

“So,when were you planning to, you know, come clean?” I heard Nick say. Both our heads turned to him, standing in the doorway.

“Can’t we talk about this later, Nick?” Joe asked, pleadingly.

“You leave tomorrow, Joe. It needs to said now while we have time.”

“Fine, Nick. Let me shower first kay? Five minutes tops.” I grabbed my bag along with the hoodie and went into the bathroom. As promised, five minutes later I was out. I had my hair in a ponytail and my hands stuffed into the pockets of the sweatshirt. I sat down silently at the head of Joe’s bed, my knees at my chest.

“So?” I asked, knowing they were talking before I came out.

“Can I ask why you didn’t tell me?” He asked, sort of rude and I instantly felt bad.

“It’s nothing like that, Nick.” I spoke up while Joe stared incredulously at his brother. “We didn’t say anything to anyone. Not until things were…cleaned up.”

“Not even me? Seriously. Joe I’m your brother. And Jamie, it’s practically like you’re my sister.” Did…did he really think of me as a sister?

“Really?” I asked, softly.

“Yeah, really. So it sorta hurts to be left out on something like this.”

“I-“

“I’m sorry, Nicky. I…never mean to leave you out. You’re my brother. I’d never make you feel left out on purpose.” Joe said, cutting off my words with his heartfelt ones. I was quiet, watching the two.

Nick knew he couldn’t just resist Joe. He sighed and crossed the room to hug Joe. “I still want to know.” He told us both.

“Well let’s sit.” I said and we all gather up on my bed. I sat in between them both, taking one of their hands in each of mine.

“When did you guys start this?”

“About…-“ I started before Joe spoke up.

“A full month, fifteen days.” He said like it was easy before piping up again, “Oh! That’s not including today.”
I stared at Joe in both amusement and pure adoration. Nick smirked.

“Well there’s no doubting this thing being right. Just under these circumstances.”

“That’s just the way the cookie crumbles.” I shrugged, putting my head on Joe’s shoulder. “It’s my fault. I waited this long to stop being so mean to you guys. I could’ve prevented it.”

“Reina, we aren’t going through this again, Babygirl.” He pressed his hand over my mouth. “Leave it alone.”

“Fine” I said, my words jumbled my his glove of a hand.

“How do you plan to fix this then, Joe?” Nick asked.

“Whaddaya mean?”

“Well, you have to break up with your….well I don’t even know if I should still say girlfriend.”

“That’s what I said!” I said, high fiving Nick.

“Well,” Joe said, “When the movie is over. When we are back. What do you think?”

“Too obvious. I mean it’ll be basically telling everyone we’re together.”

“Isn’t that what we want?”

“We want people to know we’re together. Not that we got together because you cheated.” I explained. He ‘ohhhed’, nodding in understanding.

“We can make this the reason right here. This incident today was like the last straw.” Nick offered. I thought about how weird this seemed. All of us were finding ways for Joe to break up with his girlfriend. It was scandalous, almost.

“I just don’t want to hurt anyone.” Joe sighed. I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek.

“I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
soooooo, i have writer's block with Nevermind Me, sorta.

i'm stuck. tours over. but i got a small idea i'll work with for now. suggest me something? any ideas are much appreciated and most likely to be used.

so comment and send your thoughts.
=)

x. It would be stuptastic if you could send suggestions in messages.
thanks a milli!