Let's Get Reckless.

it's you and me together

“Go check on him, Jay.” Nick nudged me while we sat on the couch. I looked at him, because I was just thinking the same thing.

“Kay,” I placed smoothie on his lap so he could hold it, and went upstairs. Joe’s door was slightly ajar so I tried to come in as quietly as I could. But that wouldn’t really have mattered, Joe wouldn’t have noticed if a bear bulldozed into this room. He was pacing around like a mad man, hands constantly smacking against his head and tearing his poor hair apart. I came behind him as he allowed one solitary moment for his feet to still and rested my hands on his, making him jump a bit.

“Babe, you’re going to go bald.” I said softly, an amused tone in my voice to try and calm him. He turned around to me his eyes looking extremely discontent.

“Joe,” I said softly, touching his face before he pulled me into an air tight hug.

“I can’t do this,” He told me, squeezing even tighter. I ignored how my body was pushed into his and answered, “You can.”

Damn, Camilla for playing the dramatic girlfriend part. Joe was in a decent state of mind until she called, crying about how she was sorry. Of course, I could so tell she wasn’t as distraught and actually sincerely sorry as she was trying to play it off as. I tried to tell Joe but guilt took over. So this is where his guilt has put him.

“Okay, answer me then. How long have you been with Camilla?”

“Around six months or so.” He said, looking confused.

“And how many times has she really made you happy? Like happy enough to forget bad times, hurt, and everything else that holds no matter when you’re with her?”

“I…Um. I don’t-“

“How many times has she tried your trust in her?”

“A lot.”

“How many times have any rumors about you behind her back had there been before us?”

“None.”

“And for her?”

“Three.”

“And how many times have you felt like you actually could fall in love with her?”

After a long pause he said simply, “None.” Looking me in his eyes he repeated himself.

“Now, have you ever felt like we could be together forever?”

“Always.”

“Do you ever doubt your trust in me?”

“You don’t give me a reason to.” He said honestly, smiling.

“So answer me one last question. Do you love me. Joe? Really love me?”

“More than I could ever imagine. I want you to be mine forever.”

“You see? You’re saying all these things and when you think about, nothing could be more right then that. You want me, to keep me, to love me and I want the same thing. I think your everything I need. I wish I could be as great as you. I hope that I never have to know what it’s like to be without you. I wonder about how we’ll be five, ten years from now. And God I never imagine my day without it involving you. And I know right this moment that I never want that to change.” My hands were placed on either side of his face, making him look at me with his cheeks in my hands. I made sure to keep my eyes locked on his, even he averted his gaze when he smiled at something I said.

“So what do you say Joe? Will you keep me strong to what I just said. Because I know what’s right. The way we love each other is something I’ll never doubt, no matter what anyone has to say.”

He stared at me, bringing his hand to caress my face while his other rested on my hip.

“I love you, Reina. I could never doubt us. Ever. And I’m sorry I put us in this position but I’ll do whatever to make it right. Starting right damn now.”

“And that’s all I ask.” I smiled before we both leaned in to kiss each other.

In the middle of our moment a knock sounded on the door. Taking our time, we disconnected our lips, the rest of us touching, and looked to see Nicholas in the doorway.

“Hey, Loverboy. I think it’s time for you to head out.” He said. Joe sighed and all over the side of my face until I faced him giggling. His forehead rested on mine.

“I’ll walk you out.” With that, we joined hands, turning to a smirking Nick. Joe’s arm went around Nick’s shoulders and the three of us walked downstairs, side by side.

“Leaving, Honey?” Denise asked Joe, seeing as he was much more presentable than Nick and I.

“Yes, Mommy. Going to make things how they should be.” He kissed his mother’s cheek and we continued to walk him all the way to the driveway. Our chain broke and he climbed into the driver’s seat of his monsterous car I had yet to let him take me in. He turned it on and rolled down the window.

“Be here when I get back?”

“Nowhere else I need to be than waiting for you.” I smiled as he returned the gesture.

“Kiss?” He asked and I obliged, getting onto the step of the car on my tippy toes to reach my lips to his.

“See you later, Heartbreaker.” I was glad he didn’t get upset by the joke, instead he winked, pulling out of the driveway while Nick put his arm around my shoulder and we waved until we was around the corner.

“What do you say to some baking fun, Jay?”

&&Reckless

We heard the key in the door and turned to look at each other, wondering how we missed the sound of his car pull up. I hurriedly put my bowl of fruit down and skittered into the front room to meet Joe, licking the strawberry juice from my finger.

The door opened and he came, looking sort of stressed. His vans were in his left hand while his right rubbed over his eyes. I leaned on the wall sectioning off the dining room from the front room.

“How did it go?” I asked softly.

His eyes came to look up at me. I tired smile showed on his face.

“Horrible. She called a ‘pitiful son of a bitch’ and tried to make me feel like I was so wrong. Like I hadn’t tried to be good to her.”

“Then she must not really know Joseph Adam Jonas. Because I know him and I think he’s pretty amazing. Worthy of being called the opposite of a pitiful son of a bitch.”

I managed a smile out of him before he came close enough to kiss.

“Mmm. You taste like strawberries, Reina.” He smiled before licking my lips like the weirdo he is.

“Wanna have another taste?” I smirked as I watched his eyes widen. He quickly put his lips back to mine, only a matter of time before his tongue wandered my mouth. It was amazing before we heard someone clearing their throat.

“Just because I’m happy you guys were honest with me doesn’t mean I want to see that.” Denise said and smirked, walking into the kitchen.

I smiled, cheeks red. “Come calm down with us, Joe. We made smoothies.”

And just like that, we were fine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
listening to: 'Halo' :: Beyonce.
'everywhere i'm lookin now, i'm surrounded by your embrace'
<3

heyyy. sorry i took so long.
trying to get my other stuff situated.

i think i did good on this one. =)

tell me how you like it. seriously. comments be tha shit. you are all my favorite people. =)

so, comment?.

-Treasure.<3