Shattered Glass and Memories

I Want The Truth From You

~*~A Week later~*~

Ronnie’s been with us for a whole week now. Max is still edgy with him but it seems everyone else is getting along with him fine. I was shocked Craig and Ronnie acted like normal human beings with each other. I looked down at Ronnie and smiled as he snored lightly. He was too cute asleep. I climbed out of our bunk, pulling on some torn up jeans over my underwear. I just stayed in my tank and put on some deodorant.

“No mom, I’m not coming home yet. I have something to do first,” I heard Lilie say. I turned my head towards the front where her voice drifted from. I really think she’s being nicer lately. Maybe its just the hormones.

“Mom, I have to…yes it’s a lie. Don’t worry ma.” I just shrugged, ignoring what she was saying. I stole Ronnie’s pack of cigarettes before walking through the front and off the bus. I stood barefoot in the New Jersey air, smiling to myself. I knew that today was gunna make a change in my life, I’m just not sure how. As soon as I walked on the bus Lilie hung up on the phone and Craig walked into the front.

“Craig? We need to talk,” was all Lilie said. I raised an eyebrow as they wordlessly walked by me and off the bus, shutting the door behind them. It was like I was invisible! I sat on the couch, just staring absentmindedly at the ceiling.

“Morning Sky,” Monte said with a yawn. Behind him came Max and Robert.

“Yo,” I replied.

“Where’s Craig and Lilie?” Max asked curiously.

“Outside talking,” I replied, shrugging.

“Important?” Robert quizzed.

“Sounded like it.” Before anyone could reply Craig’s hysterical voice was heard.

“You’re kidding! Please tell me you’re kidding!”

“I’m not,” Lilie said quietly. We all stared at the door in wonder. A few moments later Lilie walked onto the bus, tears falling down her face. I know I hate the girl but how can you not get touched by that? Ronnie passed her as he walked out of the bunks in only some skinny jeans and a pair of Nike‘s.

“What did I miss?” he asked confused.

“Your guess is as good as ours,” Max replied. I stood and walked into the bunks as the guys went off the bus to find Craig. I saw Lilie taking her stuff and packing it into her suitcase.

“What’s going on?” I asked. She jumped and turned around, wiping her eyes free of tears.

“Me and Craig have agreed to stop seeing each other,” Lilie replied, placing a shirt in her suitcase.

“Not with those tears. What’s the real reason?” I asked. She sighed softly, looking over at me out of the corner of her eyes.

“I had a miscarriage,” she answered. I watched as she bent down to pick up a pair of jeans. Just by the way she moved I knew something was up.

“Why are you still moving like you’re pregnant then?” I questioned accusingly.

“I wish you weren’t so smart Sky. I didn’t miscarriage.” My anger flared at the girl before me.

“How the hell could you do that to Craig then?! I-”

“It was for his own good Sky!” she yelled at me. My eyes softened as she sighed and sat on the bunk slowly. “I’m sorry, but it was for his own good. He was beating himself up to stay with me til the end of my pregnancy. He doesn’t love me like we used to and I don’t want him to only stay with me because of the baby.”

“Then why didn’t you just say that?” I sat next to her on the bunk as she let out a shaky breath.

“Because he wouldn’t have left. He would have followed me if I tried to leave. This was the only way to cut the ties. Please don’t think of me as a bad person for my choice. I wanted him to get someone to make him happy. Not stay with someone he thinks of as a responsibility,” she explained, holding a hoodie in her hands tightly. I stayed quiet as she grabbed the rest of her things and made her way to the front.

“I’ll give you a ride to the airport,” I offered. She nodded and we walked off the bus together. I walked over to Ronnie’s car that we had been hauling around and helped Lilie in. Once that was done I got in the driver’s side and drove to the nearest airport. Before Lilie got out and grabbed my hand and I looked at her.

“Sky? Can I tell you something?” Lilie asked.

“Of course.”

“Don’t stay with Ronnie.” I opened my mouth to protest but she stopped me with the shake of her head. “No, hear me out. He’s hurt you once and I don’t think that this time will end any differently. Craig is mad for you. His heart’s broken by you being with Ronnie, I can tell. The minute I saw you look at him I knew you felt the same. Please, don’t let him suffer any longer. Please keep in touch.” With that Lilie got out of the car and entered the huge building.

As I drove down the highway back to the venue, my thoughts were filled with Lilie’s words. After ten minutes I was already back and turning off the engine. I shook my head and hopped out, locking the car up.

“There you are Sky!” Ronnie called as I walked towards the bus. I smiled weakly before he kissed me on the lips. He laced his fingers with mine as we walked onto the bus. I saw Craig look up then back down when he saw us. He took a long sip from the rum bottle and place his head on the table. My heart broke seeing him so miserable.

“How long has he been like this?” I whispered to Monte. His eyes trailed over to Craig before returning to my gaze.

“Since we found him. Tony had given him a beer and as soon as we got him back to the bus he picked up that bottle,” Monte replied. My eyes softened and trailed back over to him. He took another sip and let out an annoyed sound when he discovered it empty. A loud thud was heard as he dropped the bottle to the ground, surprisingly not shattering.

“I’m going for a smoke,” Craig slurred, standing. Not even a moment later he fell to the ground, passed out. Me and Ronnie were the first to react and worked together to carry him to the bunks. We placed him on the extra bunk guessing he wouldn’t wanna be on the one him and Lilie shared.

“He’s really fucked up man,” Ronnie stated.

“Yeah, he is,” I agreed quietly.

Poor Craig
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out my yet another story.
lol. I have alot of story ideas. Just be patient for a good chapter on that new one. I SHOULD update again on it soon.
Feedback? (:
Xoxo,
Tina.