Shattered Glass and Memories

There's A Brave New Girl

Apparently I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know I’m being poked awake. I groaned and turned over, my face touching cool leather. Slowly opened my eyes and was greeted with the bright red color of the booth seat in the kitchen. I let my head fall off the edge of the seat and saw a girl (link to picture in Author's Note) kneeling down, finger out as if she was about to poke me.

“Why hello!” she greeted cheerfully. I blinked twice before it registering in my head I had no idea who this was. I went to stand but my foot hit the bottom of the table, making me fall off the couch and onto the ground. I groaned when I felt something big jab into my stomach.

“Motherfucker,” I whispered, taking the empty rum bottle out from under me. I slid it out from below the table and the girl fell on her ass just in time for it to avoid smashing into her foot.

“Are you okay?!” she asked worriedly.

“What time is it?” I croaked. She looked at her razor before replying.

“Eight thirty-two.”

“Damnit. I laid down twenty minutes ago,” I whined, laying my head on the ground.

“I’m sorry I woke you up then! I was just wondering if you were dead. You were stone cold out. I figured you’d slept a long time,” the girl stuttered.

“Wait a second, who are you? And how did you get onto the bus?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“Oh I almost forgot! I am Kaylee Sullivan. But I also go by Kay, Kay Kay, Lee Lee, and Sully. My brother is the infamous The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold, just to clear things up. I’m assuming you are Max’s sister?” Kaylee stated but the tone of her voice left a little question mark at the end. Her bubbly attitude was actually very catchy.

“Um, yeah. I am,” I replied groggily. I scooted from underneath the booth and plopped back into my seat, motioning for Kaylee to sit too. “So how exactly did you get on the bus?”

“I picked the lock,” Kaylee replied with a grin.

“Really?!”

“Hell no. My friend tried to teach me but I couldn’t learn. Actually Max gave me a key,” Kaylee replied giggling.

“No offense, but why?”

“I’m his girlfriend silly.”

“Whoa, wait. Girlfriend? Last time I checked the closest to a girlfriend max had was Monte,” I said thoughtfully.

“That bitch,” Kaylee hissed, a grin tugging at the corner of her lips. “Max never really told anyone I guess.”

“So how did you two meet?” I asked, smiling. Damn! Her smiles are even contagious.

“Well it was about….maybe a year ago I think. The guys had gone on tour with my brother and his band for a bit-”

“I remember that. I could only go for the first week then I had to go back to work,” I interrupted thoughtfully. “Oh sorry. Please continue.”

“No problem. Well at that time I couldn’t handle a job at all. Imagine that, a twenty year old having to go to her twenty-four year old older sibling just to get some cash. Ever been on that boat?”

“A couple times. Max won’t let me live it down,” I answered, chuckling and shaking my head.

“I believe it, Jimmy won’t either. But so I just show up to the venue, hopping Jimmy could just ‘donate’ some cash.” Kaylee put air quotes around donate before continuing. “I get there and talk to him about and he decides to do something better than just give me some cash, make me work for it. So Jimmy hires me as Johnny’s bass tech. On my first day after I tuned it up, I decided to just mess around and play some things I managed to learn on bass. When I finished, there was clapping and bam! Max was just standing watching.”

“Wow. That didn’t make my brother sound like a stalker at all,” I said sarcastically.

“Actually that was my first thought,” Kaylee added shrugging. “But then I recognized him. I love him and the guys’ band, new singer and old. So we talked for a bit and he introduced me to Robert, Monte, Ronnie, and Omar. Never really liked Omar, no offense.”

“Don’t worry, you’re not alone,” I informed her. She smiled before continuing.

“So me and Max really clicked. We stayed good friends for a while but Max called me about three months ago. While we were catching up he randomly asked if I was single. I said yes and well, guess you can basically guess what happened next. Yesterday Max asked me if I wanted to join ya’ll on tour and of course I said yes. I couldn’t resist. Hope you don’t mind,” Kaylee added with a nervous smile.

“No problem. Welcome to the Escape The Fate tour bus. By the way, drama is our middle name,” I advised.

I can’t believe the drama that I’m in,” Kaylee sang. We both started laughing. “Sorry but I tend to do that a lot. Use a random line from a song if it fits a conversation. It just happened to be an Escape lyrics I thought of,” she explained giggling.

“Then this shall be fun,” I replied, laughing a little still. Suddenly Max stumbled out from the bunks in only some pajama pants, rubbing his eyes.

“Who are you talking to Sky?” Max question, a yawn erupting from his mouth.

“Thanks for remembering me you butt hole. I’ll go home then,” Kaylee exclaimed, crossing her arms. Max blinked twice before reorganization struck him.

“Lee Lee!” Max yelled. He ran to her, picking her up in the air, and twirling her in circles. We were all laughing by the time Max returned her to the ground. He planted a kiss on her lips and Kaylee soon kissed back. Once they parted Ronnie walked into the living room.

“What’s all the ruckus?” Ronnie muttered, his eyes drooping.

“Ronnie!” Kaylee screamed, running up to him and hugging his bare chest tightly. He had to blink a couple of times to get his brain working.

“Kay Kay!” Ronnie finally shouted back. He hugged her back and she got on her tippy toes to kiss his cheek. I saw Max flare with anger and I just rolled my eyes. They seemed more like family members than flirting people.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were in jail,” Kaylee pointed out confused.

“I got out and joined tour with the losers,” Ronnie replied jokingly.

“Hey now. I can kick your ass off this tour you know,” I whined, my face showing fake hurt. He laughed coming up and placing a kiss on my lips.

“You know I’m just playing,” Ronnie defended. I saw Kaylee whisper something to Max who in turned shook his head and whispered back. I gave Kaylee a look and she mouthed ‘I’ll tell you later’.

“Well imma go change into real clothes. Be back in a bit.” The other three waved to me as they sat to catch up. I walked into the bunk room and dug into my suitcase. A minute or so later I came back out with my chosen outfit (link in author's note). I climbed into my bunk and decided to just change in there. I pulled on my skirt and t-shirt once my pajamas were shed. When I stood in front of my bunk to pull on my belt, Monte woke up.

“What are you doing up so early?” he asked, yawning.

“Insomnia and we have a surprise visitor,” I replied. I pulled on my gloves, soon followed by my scarf.

“Who?” Robert asked, leaning out of his bunk.

“Go look yourselves,” I replied, pulling on my socks. I slipped on my shoes as they both shrugged and walked into the front.

“Monte! Robert!” I heard Kaylee scream.

“Sully!” They yelled back in unison. I chuckled to myself as I clipped on my bracelet. I peeked into Craig’s bunk to see him still sleeping. His chest rose and fell with his even breathing. Just looking at him made me want to tear up from the pain I caused, and still causing, him.

“Hey Sky? Want to come shopping with me? I was a bit stupid and in my happy time getting to the airport forgot to actually pack clothes and what not,” Kaylee popped in laughing. I laughed back and turned away from the bunk.

“Hell yeah! Girls day out!” I yelled, slinging an arm across her shoulders. I snagged Ronnie’s keys as we ran off the bus, Ronnie’s protests following us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaylee and the clothes.

Sorry it took so long to update.
I was at my sister's for the past few days and her computer was fucked up.
So new character. (:
She is an idea from Second Heartbeatxx because she is just so sexy. lol. Just kidding...or am I? :3
So anyways, yeah. :D
Please leave feedback!
Xoxo,
Tina.