Shattered Glass and Memories

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

“So what were you gunna tell me earlier?” I asked casually as we looked at the shirts in Hot Topic. We ended up driving to the nearest mall and the first store she wanted to “take over” was Hot Topic. Kaylee took a deep breath and her mouth formed a hard, straight line.

“It’s not important,” Kaylee replied, waving it off. My eyes narrowed and she froze.

“I still want to know,” I argued. She sighed and let her hand drop.

“I asked Max if he approved of you two dating again. He shook his head and leaned over to tell me he didn’t want you guys dating. He wanted to you two to break up as soon as possible,” Kaylee told me honestly. I sighed and placed the t-shirt I was looking at back down.

“Why does everyone want that?” I wondered to myself. Kaylee heard and was by my side before I could blink.

“Who else has said it?” Kaylee asked curiously.

“Just about everyone but Ronnie,” I muttered, looking down at my shoes.

“Well I gotta agree,” Kaylee said softly. I looked at who with a confused face and she sighed. “Well it didn’t work out with you guys the first time, it usually never works out a second try.”

“That’s what Craig basically said,” I whispered to myself but Kaylee still heard. I swear this girl has super sonic hearing.

Well you said you loved me, but you knew it was a lie,” Kaylee mumbled to herself, looking at shirts again.

“Where’s that from?” I asked, running all the lyrics I knew through my head. She looked up at me slightly shocked but then grinned.

“Me. I started working on a song to help out Jimmy when him and the guys first started up the band,” Kaylee replied, picking out the right sized Cobra Starship shirt.

“How does the rest of it go?” I questioned.

Let me move on and leave this bullshit behind.

“And….?”

“That’s all. I only had two lines written down. After that I got stuck. Plus Brian and Matt being the assholes they were said it sucked. I mean, come on! I was in fifth grade. At least give me some credit for making two lines.” We started laughing as she picked out another shirt.

“Have you ever tried pitching it to them again?” She paused with a thoughtful face.

“I tried a few months ago. Everyone thought it was cool and Matt even tried screaming it like I original made it for. It actually sounded kick ass if you don’t mind me tooting my horn. They said if I could get a full song they’d probably add it as a special track. I just laughed.”

“How come?”

“My creativeness for that song died long ago. Those are the only two lines that’ll ever see the light of day,” Kaylee replied. She grabbed five more tees before skipping over to the skinny jeans. I followed and laughed as she grabbed around twelve or so, all in different styles. Leopard print, zebra print, solid colored, plaid print, and a few others.

“You know what?! You should let me pick out an outfit for you!” Kaylee exclaimed, somehow clapping with all the clothes in her hands.

“Put down the clothes and I’ll say yes.” She ran to the counter and ask the guy to put it behind the counter for her. He took her mountain of clothes before she ran back to me.

“No arguing with anything I pick out! Just put it on whenever I get everything.” I just nodded as she ran off around the store, pulling my arm to make me follow. Soon she had everything she wanted in her hands and she shoved me into a changing room, her following after me.

“Dude! Can’t I at least try stuff on by myself?” I exclaimed.

“Nope. We’re both girls so I won’t see anything I normally don’t,” Kaylee chirped. I rolled my eyes before taking off my shirt and putting on the one Kaylee picked out. This continued until I was completely in the new outfit (link in Author's note). At least Kaylee was decent enough to cover her eyes when I changed pants. “Perfect!” she squealed.

“Now how is the dude gunna ring everything up?” I asked her. She simply started to rip off the tags and run of out the dressing room with them in her hands. I rolled my eyes before picking up my clothes and following her. By the time I got to the counter Kaylee had already grabbed a shit load of jewelry and the poor cashier was ringing everything up.

“Lean over Sky so he can take off this things,” Kaylee ordered, pointing at the security things that were clipped to both my shirt and my pants.

“This is so embarrassing,” I muttered, leaning forward. The guy gently grabbed the neck of my shirt, trying not to look down at my chest, and used their special gizmo to take off the clip. Then I had to jump onto the counter with my back to him so he could take it off the back of the jeans. Once I jumped down I blushed bright red as Kaylee handed over a credit card to pay for the stuff.

“Jimmy Sullivan?” The guy raised an eyebrow looking at Kaylee.

“My husband. He let me and my friend here on a shopping spree. Here’s my ID,” Kaylee explained, flashing her driver’s license. He nodded and handed back the card. Kaylee and I picked up themillions couple bags and walked out of the store.

“You took Jimmy’s card?” I asked laughing.

“Well I couldn’t spend my money on clothes. I don’t have a credit card since Jimmy doesn’t trust me. And I’m not living off my brother’s money, I do work it’s just my boss wouldn’t give me my pay. I’ll pay Jimmy back ASAP. Oh, and he’ll probably call in about five minutes to yell at me. He has his banking stuff call him every time a purchase is made with his card. I think he’ll freak out if ‘he’ spent three hundred dollars in Hot Topic,” Kaylee replied grinning. I chuckled as Kaylee led me to the food court and we plopped down.

“I’ll get us some food. Whatcya want?” I questioned.

“Just fries and a strawberry shake please,” Kaylee replied politely. I nodded and headed off to the nearest food place. I ordered our food, my the same as her’s. When I returned we automatically dug in. A few minutes later Kaylee’s phone went off with the chorus of “Almost Easy”.

“Told ya,” Kaylee chorused. She flipped open her phone and turned it on speaker. “Yellow?”

Kay! Explain to me how I spent three hundred dollars at Hot Topic while I’m in my living room with the guys.

“The guys are there! Tell them I say hi!” Kaylee demanded, not answering his question.

Hi Lee Lee!” was yelled back by a couple of people.

“You have me on speaker? Nice. Well I have a friend with me. Say hi Sky.”

“Hola,” I spoke.

No habla espanol,” someone replied.

Shut up Johnny. Explain me to how that happens Kaylee,” Jimmy interrupted.

“Wellllll…..I might have gone to tour with Max and the rest of Escape the Fate and I might have forgotten to pack and I might have forgotten to bring clothes and what not, so I might have went to Hot Topic so I can buy more clothes. But this is all theoretical speaking,” Kaylee replied, shrugging her shoulders.

But why three hundred dollars?” Jimmy whined. Kaylee and me grinned to each other before screaming out a lyric at the top of our lungs.

Cuz girls they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!” We got many weird looks but we were oblivious of it all. Jimmy sighed and just hung up. Kaylee and I laughed while we continued to eat our “lunch”.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit.

Haha. This was sorta just a filler. (:
Comment please!
Xoxo,
Tina.