Shattered Glass and Memories

She's A Saint

Me and Craig stared at each other for about thirty more seconds before a loud beeping sound erupted somewhere in the apartment. It sounded like a warning for a bomb or something. That’s a nice thought. My brother’s band’s new singer is a bomber.

“Shit!” Craig cursed under his breath. He ran off into the hall he just came from and Robert and Monte decided to follow. Max turned to stare down at me from my kneel on the floor once he shut the door.

“What?” I asked, confusion across my face. He just shook his head before following after the other three. “What?!

“Sky,” a voice said from next to me along with a tugging on my shirt. I looked towards the “monster” Leila who had one of those adorable impatient faces little kids tend to wear.

“Yeah Leila?” I asked.

“Where did Daddy go?” Leila questioned. Her impatient face dropped and her big green eyes looked into my hazel ones.

“Daddy had to go get ready to go with me and Max and Robert and Monte,” I replied.

“Da-Daddy has to go?” Leila sniffled, her deep pools of green brimming with tears. My heart fell when I looked at the little girl who was furiously trying to wipe away her tears. I don’t think she was told before this and I’m the last person who should have said anything.

Smooth move dumbass.

“Shhhh. It’ll be okay Leilabear. You get to go with Mommy,” I cooed, picking her up walking over to the couch. At least I was sure it was suppose to be a couch under the clothes, DVDs, and books. I sat down and Leila cuddled in my lap with tears falling down her pale cheeks.

“But I wanna stay with Daddy,” she cried.

“Hey Leila, how about I make you a deal?” I asked. She sniffled again and looked up at me. “How about I make Daddy call you everyday while we’re gone? He can call Mommy and Mommy can let you talk to Daddy?”

“Can you do that?” she asked, already brightening up.

“I can talk to him. I’m pretty sure he’ll say yes,” I replied, winking. She giggled and hugged me before getting off my lap and going to play with her stuffed animals on the other side of the room.

“Damn.” I jumped and looked up to see Craig leaning against the doorway to the hall. This time he had on a shirt, some converse, and his jeans were at the normal height. He stood straight and walked towards me. “Usually people who she first met can’t calm her at all. You got some skill kid.”

“Kid? Please. I’m only a year or two younger than you,” I scoffed, standing and crossing my arms.

“Haha. Right. Well we weren’t properly introduced. My name’s Craig Mabbitt. I’m your brother’s new singer,” Craig greeted extending his hand.

“I’m Skyler but I go by Sky. I’m sadly Max’s sister and apparently your guys’ photographer for this tour,” I introduced, shaking his hand. Once we retracted our hands my eyes scanned his apartment again. “So this is what happens when Leila gets hyper or something?” Craig scoffed as he too looked around.

“This is what happens when Leila is playing. You don’t wanna see what its like when she’s hyper.” We both winced at the thought and busted out laughing together. At that moment Max came into the room with a glare fixed at me.

“Sky, can I see you outside?” The way Max asked it I knew that it wasn’t an option. It was a yes or a yes sir. I nodded before Craig went to start clean his apartment up and I followed Max out to the area outside of Craig’s apartment. He shut the front door behind him and turned to look at me with his arms crossed. “I can’t fucking believe you!”

“What the fuck is up your ass? You sound like a girl,” I stated with a soft chuckle. Max’s glare shut me up real fast.

“What do you think? We were in there for less than two minutes and you’re already eye raping him! That’s exactly why I wanted to leave you at home, but Monte and you are such great friends he couldn’t say no,” Max said in a pissed off voice. I opened my mouth to protest but Max continued. “And then I walk in to you two flirting and I was only away from you for three to five minutes!”

“Now stop right there macho man. A) well sorry! He came in shirtless, what girl could not resist? I’ll save you time, none. And b) we were not flirting. We were talking about his daughter you cock sucker,” I corrected, trying to bite back the feeling to just strangle him for a second time today.

“Well after what happened with Ronnie I’m not too sure if I can trust it,” Max replied, trying to calm himself. But that wasn’t a good line to say. I could feel my heart stop for a split second and I felt like a couldn’t breathe. Max noticed what he said and his eyes got wide. “Sky I-”

“You’re right,” I whispered with fake agreement, looking down. Max put a hand on my shoulder but I shoved it off and walked down the stairs to the parking lot. When I was halfway down the stairs a woman with blonde hair accidentally rammed into my shoulder on her run up the stairs.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Did I hurt you?” She worried, turning to me quickly. One look at her put an image of Leila in my head.

“No. Not at all,” I replied, smiling. I shoved the last conversation out of my mind and concentrated on this with all my mind. “Um…This may sound weird but are you Leila Mabbitt’s mother?” The woman look a little shocked at me and took an unconscious step up.

“Yes I am. Who are you again?” I ignored the fact that she never asked but smiled sweetly.

“I’m Sky Green. I’m Max Green’s sister,” I replied. I outstretched a hand and she psychically relaxed. She stretched out her own hand to shake mine.

“Ah. I finally get to meet the infamous Sky. I am Gabriella but everyone tends to call me Gabby. Max has talked greatly about you. Is the apartment a battle area again? I don’t blame you for leaving,” she replied chuckling.

“Yeah. It was a little hard to believe such a sweet little girl could create World War III,” I laughed. We both started back up the stairs. I could tell Max had already went back inside to help out Craig. Once Gabriella opened the front door everyone looked over. Leila let out a happy squeal before dropping the stuffed penguin she was holding and running over.

“Mommy!” She yelled.

“Leila baby!” Gabriella cried back. She picked her up when Leila was close enough and spun her in the air. Soon Leila was sitting on Gabriella’s hip and she planted a kiss on her forehead. “I see you made Daddy’s apartment a pigsty again. Good job!” Gabriella’s face cracked out a smile and Leila gave her a high five.

“Hey now,” Craig said in a warning tone. I noticed he put the last DVD case where it belonged and his bags sat on the floor near the hall.

“Oh you know I’m just kidding,” Gabriella said while rolling her eyes. She placed Leila down before giving Craig a friendly hug. “I guess we should get going though. Mom demands to see Leila for lunch and since she’s on the other side of town you do the math.”

“Oh geeze. Mama Smith? One lady I’m glad we never see anymore,” Robert groaned. All the guys agreed with similar looks of disgust.

“Hey! That’s still my mom you know,” Gabriella piped up with a glare.

“You don’t like her either,” Max muttered before taking a sip of his Coke. She punched his shoulder in a playful manner with a ‘shhh’ noise.

“I know but at least I can pretend.”

Liar,” all the guys chorused. She scoffed and me and Leila just looked on in confusion. Leila because I don’t really think she grasped what they’re talking about and me because I never met the lady.

“Ah. Leila, you ready to go to Grandma Smith’s house?” Gabriella asked, kneeling to Leila’s height with an excited smile. Leila frowned and the guys all laughed, hell even I had to chuckle.

“Do we have to?” Leila whined. That sent the guys laughing even more. Gabriella just sighed and took Leila’s suitcase off the floor.

“Yeah. Sorry sport. We’ll go to the ice cream store afterwards if your good, okay?” Leila nodded with a grin plastered on her face. “Okay. Go say bye to Daddy and the guys then we can go. “

“Okay!” Leila ran to Craig who leaned down and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll call you later baby.” Leila nodded before hugging the rest of the guys. Then, she did something I didn’t expect, she ran up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye bye Sky.” Soon Leila and Gabriella were out of the apartment, the door shutting behind her. All the guys looked at me with wide eyes and shocked expressions.

“What?”

“Again, you got skills kid,” Craig simply replied before picking up his suitcases and walking out the door and down the stairs, they guys following.

“Stop calling me kid!” I yelled, running out after them.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's chapter two.
I ddn't really like this one too much, more of a filler.
Yay! I have more readers/subscribers. You guys rock. (:
I'm probably going to update a little more since I have nothing to do today.
Plus one of my friend's pissed me off so I'd rather not go out and get angry at an innocent friend.
Well leave feedback people! <3
Xoxo,
Tina Lynn.