Shattered Glass and Memories

I Just Wanna Have Fun

“Tag!” I yelled, running from the car.

“Hey! I never said go!” Monte whined but still chased after me anyways. I ran into the Denny’s we decided to eat at and held the door closed. Monte started to yank on the door but couldn’t get it open due to the fact I was pulling with all my might. Craig ran up and shoved Monte out of the way, also tugging on the door. He started to hop up and down with a helpless look.

“Sky. Open the door. I gotta pee,” Craig begged. I pretended to think and he let out what sounded like a whine of protest. I laughed before letting go of the door. Craig ran past me, through the other glass door, and then to the men’s bathroom. The guy waiting to seat us just looked at me and Monte with a ‘what the hell just happened’ look.

“Table for five please,” I said after me, Monte, Robert, and Max came into the restaurant.

“Smoking or-”

“YES! MUCH BETTER!” Craig’s voice cut off the guy and we all looked over at the bathroom. Soon a flushing toilet and running water was heard. Craig walked out wiping his hands on his jeans and whistling but as soon as he saw us he stopped. “That was a lot louder than I thought, wasn’t it?”

“Yeahhh,” the rest of us droned together. He just gave a nervous smile and chuckled.

“Whoops.” We just shook our heads and turned back to the waiter.

“That would be non-smoking please,” Robert answered. The dude nodded before picking up five menus and motioning for us to follow him. He sat us at a half circle booth and Max automatically slid to the middle. Max is weird, he must sit in the middle of booths or he goes crazy. I call O.C.D. on him and he yells bullshit. So the order went (from left to right): Craig, Robert, Max, Monte, and then me.

“What can I get you to drink?” After everyone told their orders our waiter walked off and we opened our menus.

“Dude! I want a kids meal!” I exclaimed, staring wide eyed at the page. They had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets for a limited time. Dramatic reading right there. I have to get some!

“Don’t you think you should eat something made for your age Sky?” Craig asked, peeking at me from over his menu. Robert, Monte, and Max all chuckled to themselves.

“Please. For Sky’s mental mind, that is her age. Don’t try to change it. She’s been too old for happy meals for nine years and she still orders them,” Robert told the confused singer. I gasped and mocked hurt.

“Now Bobby you make it sound so bad. Plus the happy meals look so freakin’ cute I can’t resist!” I defended with a grin.

“So it’s cute…then you eat it. Great. Puppies beware,” Max said blankly.

“Max that was fucked up,” I stated with a sad face. The waiter walked back up and gave us our drinks. As I took a sip of my Mountain Dew, the guys started placing their orders.

“I’ll have the vegetarian salad,” Monte said, handing the man his menu.

“I never got the difference between a vegetarian salad and a normal salad. As long as there’s no meat in it they don’t seem different,” I pondered out loud. Everyone including the waiter shrugged. “Oh. I want the dinosaur chicken nuggets!”

“That’s my favorite too,” the waiter laughed, taking my menu. “Fries or mac-n-chese?”

“French fries homie,” I answered with a grin. He chuckled before taking my menu and stating he’ll be back with our food shortly. Aka twenty minutes or so. “See! That guy appreciates kid meals too! You guys are just haters.”

“Oh yes, we’re just so big haters. That’s exactly why we’re bringing you on tour with us,” Monte said in a sarcastic tone.

“Nah. On that you’re just sucking up cuz I’m the sex,” I replied, grinning.

“Nu uh. I’m the sex!” Monte fought.

“Actually, you’re bother wrong. Everyone knows I’m the sex,” Craig interrupted, jabbing his thumb into his chest. Soon Craig, Monte, and I started to argue about who was the sex while Robert and Max looked on with bored faces.

“Hold it!” Everyone turned their head to look at Monte with a questioning face.

“If you wanna get technical Dot Dot Curve it the sex. He made the song,” Monte stated, saying the last sentence slowly. Craig and I opened our mouths to say something but closed it. My argument couldn’t beat that and I’m guessing Craig’s couldn’t either.

“Fuck,” we both muttered under our breaths. Suddenly the waiter appeared with our food and started to pass our orders to the correct people.

~*~After Breakfast (Which is their lunch)~*~

“I still can’t believe you made me pay for Max,” I complained when we got to our house. I’ve been bitching about it since I had to pay for him, even in the car.

“We get it. Next time we’ll make Craig do it,” Robert said while rolling his eyes.

“Hey now!” Craig interjected. We just ignored him as Max opened the front door. Five seconds later the bus’s horn honk.

“We get it Phil! Just let us get our bags!” Monte yelled at our driver. He just laughed and leaned back in his seat. We ended up running a bit late….and by that I mean thirty minutes late. It’s not my fault! Craig spilled his drink, I chunked ice at him, and then our whole table started an ice cube war. I told you it wasn’t my fault, Craig spilled his drink. So technically he started it.

“So where are you guys playing first?” I asked. I picked up my suitcases and raised an eyebrow at the weight. I’m surprised they didn’t weigh more like I thought they would! No wonder Monte could carry them so easily.

“We are going to Phoenix first,” Robert replied as he walked by me with his own suitcases.

“Let me get those,” Craig said with a smile.

“I got-” I was cut off by Craig taking them from my hands. I felt a spark when his hands brushed past mine. He looked at me and I blushed, muttering my thanks. He just nodded with his infamous grin and started after Max who was also carrying his bags to the bus. Monte came up next to me with his bags too and smiled.

“What?”

“You like him don’t you?” Monte asked. My mouth fell open and I looked at him with wide eyes.

“Wh-what?” I stuttered, not believing he really asked that. This just made him smile even more. “Money, someone’s put something in your air or some shit. I do not like him like that. I mean, come on. He’s your guys’s new singer. He’s just a friend if even that!”

“But you wish it was more, don’t ya?” When I didn’t reply he chuckled before walking outside.

“You’re wrong Money!” I yelled at him from the doorway.

“Doubt it!” I fumbled with my keys as Monte laughed. The guys were asking what we were arguing about but Monte just brushed it off as a kidding fight.

Bullshit. I don’t like him like that I thought as I slid the key into the lock. I turned it and pulled out my key after the lock slid into place. I then started down the walkway to the awaiting bus.

“Come on Sky!” Craig called impatiently. Can’t blame him. According to Max Craig hasn’t been on tour in months. Excitement’s probably kicking in.

“Okay mother,” I called sarcastically.

“I’m one hell of a sexy mom then,” Craig stated in a joking voice as I passed by him to walk onto the bus.

“Oh yes. So sexy,” I said back in the same tone. We both laughed before he climbed onto the bus and shut the door. Phil started to drive and I plopped down on the couch next to Monte.

Very sexy.

You don’t like him like that, huh?

No I don’t!…I like his body like that./

Keep telling yourself that.

I will!
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the third chapter.
I have a special thanks:
Jurassitol - My good friend Lilian. (: A lot of you have heard about this story through her. If you haven't, you should go check out her stories.
So leave feedback. Comment, message, subscribe, whatever ya want.
Xoxo,
Tina Lynn.