Shattered Glass and Memories

I'm Barely Breathing With A Broken Heart

“It’s me. Ronnie.”

“Is this a trick? Josh, is that you? This isn’t funny,” I demanded. Josh was one of my assistants that loved to prank me. I swear if this was him I was going to castrate him!

Who the fuck is Josh?

“It’s really you?” I breathed. Jacoby, Craig, and Max all stood there looking confused as hell.

Nope. It’s the boogieman,” Ronnie replied smartly. I shook my head to myself before standing against Jacoby’s wishes and walked towards the front of the bus. I held up a hand to Monte who opened his mouth to say something as I continued outside. I shut the bus’s door before walking off in a random direction for privacy. I knew everyone would try to eavesdrop if I stayed at the bus.

“So why are you calling me Ronnie? Last time I checked you never wanted to see or hear me again,” I said, leaning against a brick wall of the arena. I lit up myself a cigarette as he paused for a moment.

I’m sorry Sky. It was stupid of me to blame you. I was just kinda pissed I was getting taken off to jail,” Ronnie said lamely. I let out a cold laugh as I blew the smoke out of my mouth.

“So that’s the big excuse? I’ve been blaming myself for our break up for two years and that’s your excuse? That’s stupid,” I said with another cold laugh. He stayed silent so I continued. “Ronnie, what does this even have to do with anything? You’re in jail and I’m moving on with my life. There would be no use of us waiting anyways.”

But that’s the thing! They’re letting me out in two weeks to go on probation. I’m gunna be out of here in only two weeks!” My heart stopped as he said that. Ronnie? Out already?

“That’s great Ronnie. But…I don’t think I can do that again Ronnie,” I replied, my voice softer than usual.

But…Why? You told me before that you loved me and would work for us to say together forever,” he exclaimed, his tone almost hysterical. My heart started to break just to have to hear him like this.

“And you also told me you loved me but then yelled that you never wanted to see me again. Things change Ronnie and my feelings have,” I said, trying to sound confident. I guess I must have failed at it.

That’s a lie! You know you still love me. We were together for three years before I got sent out. You still have feelings for me but you’re just lying to yourself,” Ronnie told me. My heart shattered as I realized he read me like a book.

“I just can’t Ronnie,” I whispered, looking down at my converse.

There’s someone else isn’t there?” he asked after a moment of silence. I slid to the ground but stayed quiet. “There is…

“I’m sorry Ronnie. I do have feelings for you but I also have feelings for him.” The only reply to me was a dial tone, signaling he had hung up. I slowly closed my phone before resting my hands on the ground on either side of me. I let out an unsteady sigh and could feel the tears burn behind my eyes. I quickly blinked them away before covering my face with my hands.

“Why did he have to call now?” I moaned. I ran my hands up and down my face multiples times before a cough was heard. My head jerked up to see Jacoby and Max standing in front of me with their arms crossed across their chests. “Why hello there.”

“Sky,” Jacoby said in a warning tone.

“Is that Monte calling? I should go see what he needs,” I said with a cheeky grin. I got on my hands and knees and started to crawl away before Max grabbed the back of my shirt. I was brought to my feet and forced to look at the two.

“Who was that?” Max demanded.

“Josh. He was just trying to prank me with some bullshit about the office getting set on fire,” I said lamely, waving it off with my hand.

“Quit lying,” Jacoby stated.

“I’m not. It’s nothing. Don’t worry your pretty little heads about it,” I told them. They gave me disbelieving looks but let me walk off towards the bus anyways. I sighed out of relief when I noticed them not follow me either.

“Hey Sky.” I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard that voice. I saw Craig looking at me funny from the stage he was currently sitting on.

“Oh hey Craig. Listen. I wanted to thank you for earlier. I’m sorry if I worried you,” I apologized sincerely.

“It’s okay. I’m just glad you’re better,” Craig replied with a smile.

“Much. Guess I just needed sleep,” I said with a shrug.

“Guess so,” he agreed. Silence took over us and I shifted uncomfortably. I think now would be a good time to own up to my feelings. I mean, I did tell Ronnie that I had feelings for someone else. Might as well make them known.

“Hey Craig?”

“Yeah?”

“I-”

Craig!” I was cut off by a girl’s voice loudly yelling. I looked behind me to see a girl (link to picture in Author's Note) in black skinny jeans, a purple tank top, and purple chucks. Craig hopped off the stage with a smile plastered on his face. They met in a hug and a quick peck on the lips. My heart shattered for a second time today but I kept a smile on my face to hide it.

“Oh yeah. Lilie, this is Sky. She’s Max’s little sister and our photographer. Sky, this is my girlfriend Lilie,” Craig introduced with his arm wrapped around her shoulders. We both looked each other up and down before a smile broke out on her face.

“Hello. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you from Max when they were in the studio,” the girl, Lilie, greeted, a smile on her face and a hand extended. I smiled back-fake of course- and shook her hand/

“Pleasure to meet you too,” I replied.

“So what is it you were going to tell me Sky?” Craig asked with a curious tone/

“Just that I owe you one. I’ll talk to you later,” I covered.

“Bye doll,” Lilie called out as I turned around. I curled my hand into a fist by my side and bite my tongue from saying anything. This bitch was trying to piss me off, wasn’t she?

“Hey Sky! What’s up?” Monte asked me worriedly.

“Nothing some booze can’t help,” I muttered, walking past him and onto the bus. I walked to the fridge before pulling out my bottle of haven, rum. I took out a shot glass before filling it with the clear liquid. I popped my head back and took the whole shot in one gulp. I repeated this three more time before the bottle was pulled out of my hand.

“Hey!” I exclaimed. I looked over to see Robert standing there with a stern face.

“No drinking. You’ve been asleep most of today and you are already looking like shit. No more of you will have to room with Max in the next hotel,” Robert threatened. I let out a scream and stomped into the bunks, tossing myself onto my own bunk. Soon I heard the bus door open and closed, many voices following it.

“Lilie! Long time no see!” Robert said. I could hear the bottle clink against other bottles as he put up the rum. I decided eavesdropping is useful, fuck I wanna hear some things.

“Robby! Missed ya bud,” the thing said. I’m assuming they hugged before everyone sat somewhere.

“So how have you been Lilie? Everything going good?” Max asked.

“Great! I’ve been home a lot but my mom hasn’t been complaining. I think she’s making me take it easy,” Lilie replied, some complaining hidden in her voice.

“Well with Craig Jr. growing in there you better!” Craig joked. Wait, what?! I scooted closer to the egde of my bunk, cocking my ear towards the front.

“Well Craig Jr.’s daddy better learn I never take it easy,” Lilie joked back almost mockingly. What?! Little more closer to the edge.

“I can’t believe you guys. It might be a girl dummies. Just cuz you made her pregnant, Craig, doesn’t make it automatically a boy,” Monte pointed out. A little closer….and fall. I fell on my stomach and closed my eyes from the sudden shooting pain.

“Ah! Motherfucker!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I felt people over me and I slowly opened my eyes. Monte and Max stood over me with weird stares while the rest still sat in the living room. It looked like Lilie might actually be glaring at me. Score! “Um…hi?”

“Where you eavesdropping?” Monte demanded.

“No?”

“Well if you wanted to hear the news you could have just come in,” Lilie said, a smile on her face.

Oh yeah. Act nice in front of them. I’ll catch you in the act or being a bitch.Then Craig will be all mine

Shit. This is a little out of control.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lilian

Here's the next one. (:
You should all personally think my friend Lilian who talked me into updating one comment short. (:
Plus Lilie is suppose to be her.
This time if no 5 comments then no update.
No matter how much Lilian begs. [;
Xoxo,
Tina.