I'll Kiss You as My Final Goodbye

They Sold the Cause for the Queen

I looked at the guy with an unfamiliar Mohawk. I stared at him for awhile as things inside my head were trying to locate what was so familiar about him. I titled my head and examined his not exactly tall body until my eyes settled on one thing I’ll never forget.

“Johnny?” I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

His brown eyes, before hard and steely, softened as he looked at me. His mouth hung open as he continued to stare at me with a surprised expression clearly etched on his face.

“Kaiden?” his voice nearly as soft as mine was.

I nodded and bit my lip, unsure of what his reaction would be.

A bright smile lit up his features as he spread his arms wide open. I ran to him and then jumped into his open arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I squeezed him in a death hug as he did the same to me.

He suddenly remembered something and dropped me on the floor. Anger filled his dark eyes as I stared up at him from my position on the floor.

“Johnny, what’s wro–“ I started but he cut me off before I could even finish my sentence.

“You just left!” He yelled ready to leave.

“JOHNNY WAIT!” I yelled as I scrambled up.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled on it causing him to stumble backwards and me to fall flat on my ass again.

“Please, I can explain.” I tried again, silently begging him to stay.

“Fine,” Johnny said as he crossed his arms and moved to the couch. “It’s been seven fucking years. I think I deserve an explanation.”

I sighed and ran a hand threw my hair before sitting on a chair opposite of Johnny. I stared into his cold eyes before telling him everything since age twelve.

“Oh shit,” Johnny muttered as I finished my story. He moved off to the couch and sat in the small space beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and embraced me in a hug. “I am so sorry. I should have noticed.”

“It’s ok,” I said as I pulled away from his embrace. “It’s been seven years. I am over it.”

“I still feel bad.” He said as he looked at the carpet on the floor.

“Don’t worry about it,” I said as I made him look at me. “Now let’s talk about something else.”

“Uhm,” he said as he thought of something to start a conversation. “Your hair is pink.”

“Yeah, well, your hair is a Mohawk.” I said after I let out a small chuckle.

“True, true,” he said before wrapping his arm around me and leaning back, bringing me along with him.

“So, what’s new with you Mr. Seward?” I asked.

“It’s Mr. Christ now.” He informed me proudly.

“Really now?” I asked and he began to explain what has happened to him in the past seven years.

“I am surprised you haven’t heard of us.” He said as he finished telling me about the success of the band he was in.

“Kind of full of yourself are you now?” I teased, making a light blush appear on his cheeks.

“No, but we’ve been to England quite a few times.”

“Avenged Sevenfold, you say?” I asked getting a nod from him. “Sounds familiar, but I didn’t move to London until maybe a year and a half ago. Before that, I lived in a really tiny town in Kent.”

“Hm,” he said before resting his head on my shoulder and closing his eyes.

“Tired already?” I asked him as I rested my head on top of his and looked at his tattooed arms.

He nodded his head and let out a yawn. He wrapped his arms around me and used me as his pillow.

“I’ve missed my napping buddy.” He said as he let out another yawn.

“I’ve missed you too,” I said before letting my eyes droop.

“Hurry up Kay!” Johnny yelled from downstairs.

It has been a couple of hours since Johnny and I woke up from our nap. His girlfriend had called him and he had a genius idea for me to meet her tonight. My first night back in Huntington and I am already going out.

“I am coming Johnny!” I yelled as I forced my tired body out of my room and down the steps.

I smiled at him as I arrived on the final steps. He grabbed my wrist and led me to his car that was waiting outside. I walked as fast as I could in my heels. I opened the door to the passenger’s side, confused by the stirring wheel that was there.

“Wrong side,” Johnny said from behind me.

I turned around and saw his face was red and his lips were pressed into a thin line. At first I thought he was mad but when I looked at him for awhile longer I realized he wasn’t mad, he was holding back his laughter. That was when it clicked. I wasn’t in London anymore, I was in California. The sides were switched!

I briskly walked to the other side and opened the door. I sat down and crossed my arms, glad that it was dark so that he couldn’t see my reddening cheeks.

“Relax Kay, I am sure you’ll get used to it.” Johnny said in between the laughter he couldn’t keep in anymore.

I groaned and rested my head on the window. It took me awhile to get used to it while I was in England and now I was back in California, switching sides again.

The ride to Johnny’s house was silent, aside from Phil Anselmo’s voice that came through the speakers. We arrived at his house and he parked his car in the garage. I took my time getting out of Johnny’s car and inside his house.

I was nervous, to say the least. Johnny’s girlfriends usually didn’t like me. They didn’t like the fact that he was so close with another girl. They would usually break up with him since he refused to pick between me and them. I didn’t want this to happen to him now. From what I heard from Johnny, he really loved her. They’ve been dating for a few years now and he was getting really serious with her. Hopefully, seven years have erased the bad luck the followed me when it came to Johnny’s girlfriends.

“Lacey!” Johnny called as soon as we entered his, ahem, humble home.

“I am here!” a female voice replied.

Johnny led the way and we ended up in his kitchen. In there was a pretty dark-haired girl. Her straight hair was pushed behind her ear as it barely touched her shoulder. Her skin was slightly tanned and she stood around an inch or two taller than me, something that wasn’t so hard.

Johnny left my side and snuck up on her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. She turned her head and laughed a bit as Johnny just kept his head there. He pecked her lips and then spun her around so that we were facing each other.

An awkward smile formed on my lips as a warm one formed on hers. Johnny removed his grip from her and stepped in front of Lacey and I.

“Lacey Franklin this is Kaiden Stewart, Kaiden Stewart this is my girlfriend, Lacey Franklin.” Johnny said introducing us.

Lacey and I shook hands and exchanged hellos. Johnny excused himself, saying he had to do band stuff. What a liar that boy is? He left us in the kitchen as he went to do some band stuff.

“He isn’t actually doing band stuff.” Lacey said quietly. I let out a soft chuckle as I nodded my head.

“I know, I hope he didn’t think we actually believed him.” I said.

“Me too,” she said quietly before an awkward silence filled the air as both of us struggled to think of something to talk about.

“Just so you know, I am not trying to steal Johnny from you.” I said, it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

“I know,” she said with a small smile.

She was confident about her relationship with Johnny. I liked her already.

“Ok, I just wanted to get that over with.” I said with a small smile.

“So what brings you back to Huntington?” she asked.

“Oh, my father’s funeral,” I said nonchalantly.

“I am sorry,” she said sounding truly sad despite the fact we only met a few minutes ago.

“Don’t be, he was an ass.” I said letting a smile appear on my face.

“Ok, so where do you come from?” she asked, trying really hard.

“Well, Huntington originally but I live in London now.” I told her; glad we were having a conversation.

“OH really? I’ve been there a few times, it’s wonderful.” She said honestly.

Our conversation continued from there and I am proud to say I made a new friend that night.

The sun hurt my eyes as they hid behind my sunglasses. It was noon and I had woken up only moments before to a house with no food. I hastily changed out of my pajamas and into decent clothes. I grabbed my purse and ran around the town, trying to remember where the grocery store was which leads me to where I am now, in line as I waited for the gum-chewing cashier girl to give me the total of my things.

I groaned in annoyance and ran a hand through my tangled hair. She didn’t flinch or even look at me after my display of annoyance. I am guessing she must be used to it.

I finally paid and practically ran out of the store. In my haste, I ran into someone causing me and the things I just bought fly into the air.

My sunglasses fell on the tip of my nose as my ass landed on the hard pavement. I groaned in pain and didn’t make a move to get up or retrieve my things from the street. A hand appeared in front of my face and I looked up at the owner.

His brown hair stuck out from under his black fedora that matched his dark sunglasses. He had a nose piercing and colored ink ran up and down the arm that was outstretched towards me and the one that stayed by his side. On the fingers of his out stretched hand, the letters B, O, R, and O were tattooed.

I stared at it for awhile, wondering how much that would have hurt. The man coughed and blood ran to my cheeks as I noticed how weird it was that I was just staring at his hand. I slid my tiny hand into his and he pulled me up with ease.

I brushed off the dirt from my clothes and arms and started picking up the things that fell on the floor. The man had bent down too and was currently helping me pick up the food that had flown everywhere. I sadly looked at the fruits and vegetables that I could no longer use. I gathered them together and placed them in one plastic bag, along with all the dented cans.

I placed the bag with unusable food on a bench, unsure what to do with it. I held the plastic bag with the food I could still eat, which was basically cereal, bread, spreads, and the like, in my right hand as I stared at the plastic bag that was resting on the bench.

“I am sorry,” a deep voice from behind me said.

I turned around and saw the same man who helped me up. He most probably was the reason that I fell in the first place. I can’t really blame him though because even I wasn’t looking where I was going.

“No problem,” I said nicely despite the fact I just spent hard earned money on food I, and nobody else, should no longer eat.

“I really am sorry,” he said sounding really sorry. “I should have watched where I was going.”

“No it’s ok. I should have been watching where I was going too so the blame isn’t entirely on you.”

“Entirely?” he asked with a small smile.

“Well yeah, you still have to be part of the blame. You did bump into me causing me and my food to fly. Just because I am part of the blame, doesn’t mean you can get away with it.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, now what am I supposed to do with the food? I can’t use it or give it to someone else because it’s ruined, unless I want to kill them.” I said before I shut my mouth and let my eyes slide over to him. “So do you want them?”

“I’ll think about it.” He said with a laugh. “But I really am sorry though,”

“Stop worrying about it.” I said. “Cereal won’t be such a bad idea for lunch.”

“Oh shit! That was going to be your lunch. I feel really bad now.” He said. “At least let me buy you food.”

“If I didn’t know any better, I could have sworn you are asking me on a date.” I said, seeing past his friendliness.

“Well, it depends on what your answer is.” He said, expecting me to say yes.

I was about to reply when a phone started ringing. I checked my pocket and took note that it wasn’t vibrating. I looked at the man, whose name was still a mystery to me, and watched as he talked on his phone.

“I guess even you aren’t available for you own lunch Mr…” I said after he hung up, trailing off in the end.

“Haner, Brian Haner.” He said sticking his hand out.

“Mr. Haner,” I said as I shook his hand. “Kaiden Stewart,”

“Nice to meet you,” he said with a charming smile.

“I would like to say that too but you see my bum still kind of stings.” I said as I rubbed my aching butt, making him laugh. “Anyway, you know I have places to be, cereal to eat.”

“Well I’ll see you when I pay you back for your lunch.” He said as I started to walk away.

“Sure,” I said and waved before disappearing from his sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it took a while but it is kind of long. :)
Tell me what you guys think :)