I'll Kiss You as My Final Goodbye

I Hate the Ending Myself

“Hello Ms. Stewart,” Mr. McAnthony greeted me as Brian and I entered his office.

“Hi Mr. McAnthony,” I said and heard Brian cough behind me. “And this is Brian Haner, my friend.”

They shook and he told us to sit down. I honestly thought I was just going to be picking up something but Mr. McAnthony seemed stressed.

“Are you okay Mr. McAnthony?” I asked him.

“I have some bad news Kaiden.” He told me solemnly.

“What?” I asked him worried.

“Someone is trying to overturn your father’s will.” He said.

“WHAT?” I yelled, standing up in the process.

“Please sit down,” he said and I obeyed. “This girl is claiming to say that she should be part of the will. That she and her daughter are supposed to be part of the will. Their names are Lesli and Kelsey Johnson. Do you know them?”

“No!” I said outraged. “What gives them the right to even think something like that?”

“She is claiming that Kelsey is your father’s biological daughter.” Mr. Mcanthony said softly.

I shut my mouth and froze. What?

“Are you sure?” Brian asked, noticing I had frozen.

“No, they aren’t any official documents but there is still the slight chance.” Mr. McAnthony said.

“Is there a way to test it or something?” Brian asked.

“Yeah, we are going to have to do that for the court anyway but I just wanted to tell Kaiden about it since she’ll be very important.” Mr. McAnthony said.

“What?” I asked.

“You will be fighting for your father’s will, right?” he asked me.

“Yeah, of course.” I said not going to let some gold digger get my father’s money.

“Ok,” he said, rubbing the side of his temples. “I’ll call you and tell you when I have more details.”

”When did you find out?” I asked him, thinking about our talk awhile ago.

“Just a few moments before you arrived.” He said.

“Oh ok,” I said as I nodded my head.

“I’ll see you soon Ms. Stweart.” He said as Brian and I stood up. “Wait!”

I turned around and looked at him. He was holding a box but before I could take it Brian got it and held it in one hand.

“Thanks Mr. McAnthony.” I said solemnly before a thought popped up in my mind. “How old is the daughter?”

“Thirteen,” he said.

I did the math in my head. If she is my father’s daughter, that’ll mean my dad had an affair while he was still with my mum. It could be the reason they got divorced. I never knew why and this could possibly it. He had an affair.

As realization hit me, I felt the tears begin to form in the corner of my eyes. I always wanted to know why they got divorced and now not so much. It might not be true. I told myself over and over again. I wanted so much to believe myself but part of me knew it was true. I hated it.

I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder and met Brian’s chocolate brown eyes. He looked sincere and sad but he didn’t really need to be.

“Thank you Mr. McAnthony.” Brian said as he led me out the office.

I stayed quiet and let Brian lead me around as I focused on not crying. He opened the door of his car and I stepped inside. He closed it and placed the box in the backseat. He went to the driver’s side and started the car.

I rested my head on the window and let the tears fall. I hated the fact I was crying. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I repeated it over and over again and soon I was able to find my way to La la land.

I woke up when I felt someone slip the arms around me and carry me out of the car. I peeked open one eye and saw Brian’s face.

“Hey,” I said groggily.

“Shh,” he said with a smile. “Go back to sleep.”

I obeyed and cuddled into him, letting the darkness overtake me.

I woke up again as Brian lay me down on my bed. I got comfortable and looked up at Brian. He smiled at me before walking away.

“Brian,” I said groggily.

He turned around and looked at me.

“Stay?” I asked, not really wanting to be alone. “Please?”

He nodded his head and slid off his shoes. He crawled in beside me and I snuggled into his warmth. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head. And in that position, I fell asleep dreaming of Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!
I hope it is worth it.

And don't go thinking that Brian and Kaiden are together now. :|

Anyway,
I have some time on my hands now until Wednesday next week (June 25).
So I might be updating everyday till then.
Maybe if I get enough support I will. :)

AND! THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! It makes me really happy. :)