Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Jasper

Jazmine’s pov

The ground was wet and mushy, as I tried to stand up, I felt a huge weight on my back, not allowing me to move. I slowly opened my eyes from blacking out and looked around. Everything was covered in snow, and light flakes still fluttered from the sky. Where did I run off to? I tried to get up again, only to be still weighed down by the same pressure. Why couldn’t I get up? I took a deep breath and tried again. The pressure lifted and I heard a weird but familiar noise. Instead of standing up, I rolled over onto my back to be nose to nose with Jacob standing over me, with two legs on each side of me. What the hell?

Hi. He thought lightly.
I snorted at him. Where the fu-
I followed you. I couldn’t just let you run away like that. It’s not safe.
I rolled my eyes, turned over on my stomach, and crawled from under him.
. The whole point of me running away is to get away from you, and I end up waking up with you lying on top of me..

As I fully stood up, I shook out my coat from the bits of snow in it. Making sure that my fluffy tail slapped him in the face as I shook. He stepped back a little.

. I thought you stopped running after me, anyways..
. No, I just slowed my pace. You passed out, and it started snowing hard. It wasn’t no shelter around and I didn’t want you to freeze, so I laid on top of you to keep you warm..

I turned around, and looked at him with narrow eyes.

. I’m a wolf I wasn’t going to freeze..
He sat down, . Yeah, you could of. This is the mountains. It can get pretty cold up here, and without the right kind of shelter, you cloud freeze. Plus, you weren’t in your right frame of mind. So, I had to do something..

Why didn’t you freeze then?.

Your body heat, plus mines made the conditions more suitable..

Well…thanks…I guess. I said reluctantly..

Sure, sure..

I really didn’t want to be around him. I wished that he hadn’t followed me. Does he like to se me in pain? Does he find the fact that I imprinted on him amusing? Funny?

No I truly care about you, Jazz. I just want everything to be straight with us. On a friend type basis.. I shook my head.

We can’t be friends.. His ears flattened against his skull, sadden by my response.

Why?. My tail whipped back and forth, nervously.

Because, it’s not going to work, Jake. I imprinted on you, and being friends isn’t going to cut it, It will hurt too much..

Please.. I perked my ears forward, and cocked my head to the side.

You want me to suffer?.

I don’t want to loose you as a friend.. I growled, offended,

So in other words, you don’t care how I feel as long as you get your way.. I turned around, digging my claws into the snow and ran off before he could respond. I couldn’t believe him. He’d rather me be unhappy than happy. Selfish ass. Jacob quickly caught up with me, and ran on my right flank.

I didn’t mean it like that, Jazmine.. I just want us to be on good terms.
I shook my head and kept running.

But you said that you would take anything I through at you. He paused. Take my friendship.

It’s not that easy Jacob.

It can be, Just say yes. He whined. I sank my claws deeper into the soil, pushing me faster.

Would you say yes to leaving Rene? He slowed his pace a little. He didn’t reply.
My point exactly. You can’t leave Rene’ because of how bad it’ll hurt you. I can’t JUST be friends with you because of how bad it’ll hurt me---knowing that your heart belongs to someone else. My thoughts were pained.

So what you are saying is, in order for us to be friends I would have to leave Rene?

No that’s not the point I was trying to make, even though that would be a good idea. I was making a comparison. If you left her, or she left you--the pain you would feel would match the pain that I feel being close to you. I wouldn’t ask you to leave someone you love. Especially if I know that it’s going to cause you pain. I want you happy. He nodded.

How is this going to work? I mean, we’re in the same pack. It’s not like you don’t see me everyday.

I don’t know. My thoughts trailed off. Why must the females in this damn pack suffer?

Maybe there is a chance for me and you. He teased. My heart fluttered, I glanced at him. He had a wolfy grin sketched on his face. I stretched my legs out and got ahead of him. As I ran I kicked some sow with my hind legs into his face. He yelped in shock of the freezing slush. Jake stopped and wiped the snow out of his face.

Don’t play with me. I chuckled, and sprinted faster. Stupid wolf.

Jacob tackled me to the cold ground, and we rolled down a small slope. He landed directly on top of me. If wolves could really smile, then he would have the biggest grin on his face. I could tell by the sparkle in his eyes as he looked directly into mine. I couldn’t help but give him the same look in return.

Why did you kick snow in my face?

Because, you’re an asshole.

Yeah. That maybe true. jakes face got serious. But, you know what else is true?
He waited a brief second for my react; I gave him a clueless look.

I love you. Maybe not the way you want me to, but my heart still beats for you. I can’t really explain it to you right now. I feel two different kinds of love. Like, I’m being forced to love Renee, but I want to love you.

He continued to look deep in my eyes, so deep that it felt like he was searching for my soul. In turn, it sent chills up my spine, forcing my fur to stand on end. My heart rammed against my chest, trying to break through it to get Jacob’s heart and become one--but it was trapped. He felt the vibration of my heart through my chest, so pressed his chest against mines more firmly, so that I could feel his heart beating just as fast-- the exact same rhythm--letting me know that our hearts were already one.

Jacob lowered his head and licked me on the side of my face with his long tongue. I blinked in disbelief. His chest rumbled lightly, this time with laughter at my expression. He licked me again, this time around my muzzle. My tail whipped happily back and forth in the snow. I wrapped my paw around his hug head, pulled him closer and licked him back. Jacob wagged his tail, and laid his head on my chest.

I really want to be with you. He huffed softly. It’s as if I’m trapped in a dog cage with Renee, but I want to be free with you.

Don’t worry. I’ll help you escape.