Which Path Is the Wrong Path

party

When Edward and I arrived at the house crates and boxes, mixed with trucks and delivery vans were on the lawn. Alice wasn’t wasting anytime. Some boxes had lights in them others consisted of flowers, silk tablecloths, all types of candles, and more. Emmett was unloading the truck taking out what looked like a water fountain. This was truly going to be a beautiful party I couldn’t wait to thank Alice.

“About time you got here. You can help me unload the rest of
this stuff out the truck.” Emmett sat down and walked back toward the truck.
“There’s more.” I couldn’t believe Alice was going all out for me.
“This is only the decorations for the front yard; the truck for the back yard is coming tomorrow. So Edward, you need to come on and help me the party is tomorrow night.”

I turned to look at Edward he kissed me in the cheek and went to help Emmett with the boxes. I walked up the porch steps only to see more lights strung around the banister. I opened the front door only to see the same thing I had just saw outside. Crates were placed throughout the living room. Lights were half strung on the stairs with flowers in a pile on the floor, this was getting out of hand, I hoped with would all come together my tomorrow. I walked up the stairs to my new room; Edward’s room; our room. When I got into the room, three dresses were laid across the bed. A orange dress with a deep v- neck and a split, that criss crossed in the back, a blue dress that had a tube top that was chain, and last a white baby phat dress with gold chains that were hung around the chest. I flopped on the bed and I sighed softly. Could life get any better? I had the man of my dreams, I was immortal, and the perfect family, and the truest friends a girl could have. I was on cloud nine and no one could take me off of it.

My life had gotten pretty depressing when my mom passed away a few years ago. Edward was the only one who was there for me when I came to forks. I had no family and no friends. Edward became my family and my only friend. I really don’t know what I would have done if he wasn’t there. There was a sudden knock at the door. I jumped at the sound; it had caught me off guard.

“Come in.”
“Hi chels.” It was Alice, cheerful as always.
“Hey Alice, what’s up?”
“Um... I was just wondering what dress did you chose? ”
“Oh, I chose the white one.”
“I thought you would, I’ll have your shoes that go to it tomorrow. You wear an eight right? ”
“Yes, but Alice you didn’t have to…”
“Please chels, let me do this for you. When I had my transformation I wished there was someone to help me with it.” She looked at me with
pleading eyes.

“Ok.” The puppy dog eyes always got me.

“Thanks chels.” She danced back out of the room grabbed the
two dresses I didn’t want with her. I was in solitary confinement for the rest of the night and half of the next morning. I had visitors every now and then, but I never left my room. Alice came back by to drop off a list off the guests so I would know the name of the
people at least. Rosalie came in once to tell me she would do my hair and makeup at two p.m so it would look fresh then quickly left before I could thank her. Edward checked in on me every few hours stopping in for a few minutes to talk. There was nothing to do in this room. The computer got boring, I was tired of reading, and never got sleepy so a nap was out of the question. I reached on the table and grabbed the list Alice had given me earlier with the names of the vampires I would be meeting tonight. I picked up the paper and began to read. Printed in big bright red letters, Beware the ones with stars next to there names they have abilities and some are deadly. I made a mental note as soon as I read the paper. The first names were Zafrina, Senna, and Kachiri. They’re members of the Amazonian coven.* Zafrina's special ability is to create illusions. Next was Peter, his mate is Charlotte, clan Mary and Randall. They are American nomads. Peter is Jasper's good friend, and helped Jasper escape his previous life as a general of newborn vampires. Try not to offend him. Then Tanya, Carmen, her mate Eleazar, Irina, and Kate are members of the Denali coven. *Eleazar has the ability to vaguely identify the gifts of other vampires. * Kate’s special ability is the production of an electric current over her skin that can shock and incapacitate attackers. After that was Tia, Amun, Benjamin, and Kebi who are members of the Egyptian coven.* Benjamin’s special ability is to control the elements of nature, air, earth, fire, and water. Siobhan, Liam, and d Maggie are members of the Irish coven. * Siobhan’s suspected special ability is to alter the course of a situation.*Maggie has the ability to sense if someone is lying. Vladimir and Stefan are Romanian vampires who are about 1500 years ago. Really, try not to offend them.

I tried to memorize the list a couple of times than got bored again. I needed to escape my room, I needed some type of contact other than hi’s and bye’s every two hours. I would call my girls they would take my mind off of things. I reached for my phone off the nightstand and dialed Jazz’s number.

“Hello jazz.”
“Hey chels.”
“Come break me out.”
“Huh? From where? ”
“My bed room, the Cullen’s won’t let me leave
my room because their decorating for a party and they said being a ‘newborn’ I’ll
just get in the way.”

“What party? ”
“My fangamorphosis.”
“What the fuck is that? ”
“It’s a coming out party for vampires. It’s sort of like a cotillion. You and Jacob should come.”
“I’ll try to come. There is a lot of conflict in the pack right now.”
“Wow. I didn’t know I hope everything works out...”
I heard some one walking up the stairs and I wasn’t suppose to have my cell phone.
“I gotta go Jazz bye”
“Ok, bye chels.” There was another knock at the door.
“Come in.”
“Oh no, I don’t want to come in, you can come out now.”

My face lit up at this news. I couldn’t believe I could finally come out. I opened the door and there stood Alice with a blindfold. She wrapped it around my eyes and walked me to the top of the steps. When we arrived at the top of the steps she unraveled the blindfold from my eyes. Everything looked beautiful. The lights were all strung , the flowers were wrapped around the banister and candles were placed in bowls filled of water place in varies spots around the room giving of a illuminating glow.

“Alice everything is so beautiful. How can I ever repay you?”
“Just go tell you werewolves to lay low while the party is going on. No phasing or
howling, any things that would be suspicious. The vampires that are coming here
tonight are not as friendly and understanding as us. If they find them they
will expect to kill, because they oppose a threat to them.”

“Ok, I’ll tell them now.” I turned to run toward La Push. But someone had called my name just before I had ran off.
“Chelsea.” It was Rosalie.
“Yes.”
“Don’t be late. Two o’clock.”